• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW020: Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
gigabowser20, I'd appreciate it if you didn't take on your role as the forum clown 24/7 ^^" Making a joke every now and then is perfectly fine, but you're currently stretching the limit. To the extreme.

Everyone, let's move on from Splash to much more interesting topics, such as where the Ducklett got that friggin' vuvuzela from. Or something.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Everyone, let's move on from Splash to much more interesting topics, such as where the Ducklett got that friggin' vuvuzela from.

From South Africa. Duh.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
It might not be a vuvuzela, probably just a horn. But if it was, that'd be cool, maybe the ducks got it from when they went to the fifa wolrd cup. Imagine the ducks watching soccer, with that vuvuzela of there's. And i also wonder why the duck was in Meguroko's mouth? Maybe it planned to make it sneeze and to get the sunglasses from the little crock.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It is some kind of Electric Ball, here's new info about the new move

[IMG139]http://oi53.*******.com/25z2gw1.jpg[/IMG139]

playerking

Thank's Ash kid, it does look like Electro ball.

Last edited:

magicallypuzzled

cool enough guess it's not light screen after all which is fine with me. thought does it say the electric ball is from pikachu? i ask becuase it just looks like he's dodging it thought like i said i am fine with electra ball for pikachu. i don;t see how it makes it more exciting for it to be a fifth gen move but it's cool.

Last edited:

playerking

I thought it might be electro ball, i mean it is a new move, and it sought of fits Pikachu.

But it could be Pikachu dodging it, or it shoots it from it's tail, then it gives it extra power by hitting it with it's tail.

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
Well if it isn't Electro Ball. Didn't really expect that was expecting Wild Charge

Although in the TR preview that is not Electro Ball it's using? :/

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Hmmm...let's say that is Electra Ball...then why does Pikachu look surprized when it runs and starts to sparkle in the Plasma/Rocket episode?

And Electra Ball would replace Thunderbolt>.>Pikachu apparently has a high speed so it would be really powerful

playerking

Hmmm...let's say that is Electra Ball...then why does Pikachu look surprized when it runs and starts to sparkle in the Plasma/Rocket episode?

And Electra Ball would replace Thunderbolt>.>Pikachu apparently has a high speed so it would be really powerful

It didn't look surprised to me, also, it could be surprised because the meteorite is affecting it, or it's volt tackle looks different, either way electro ball is a nice move for it.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
For some odd reason seeing the preview something about the Ducklett in the scene where one is wearing the sunglasses, the other the food cover and the third Ash's hate for some reason i got the thought of Huey, Dewey, Louie from Disney. Don't know why, I just did.

But nice to see the interaction between Ash and Meguroko, while I won't be disappointed if he doesn't catch it this episode, I'll be kinda disappointed if he doesn't catch it somewhere down the line since the two seem to get some nice bonding done (not counting its last appearance where it blasted off again...that was just random.)

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Maybe it learns 2 moves?

Or the Plasma preview is just a Volt Tackle variation

I laugh at how everyone tries to find an alternative for everything: For example, BW018.

- Pic with Sewaddle & Arti touching heads.... Conclusion: 2 Sewaddles.

I am sure Pikachu is either charging up for a Volt Tackle or an Electro Ball.... since it has to do with speed, it would explain why Pikachu is moving rather fast in the TR VS TP Preview. Quick Attack should go, since Electro Ball corresponds to speed.

KKS-Lapras

I personally still think the move is Discharge. It would make the most sense based on the way the move looks and way Pikachu was surrounded by its own electricity when under that umbrella. He looks like he got an overdose of his own electricity, and thus needs to discharge the extra power.

playerking

I personally still think the move is Discharge. It would make the most sense based on the way the move looks and way Pikachu was surrounded by its own electricity when under that umbrella. He looks like he got an overdose of his own electricity, and thus needs to discharge the extra power.

Discharge in the form of a electrical, spherical ball? You heard it here first folks.

Nah, I'm just pulling your chain, but isn't discharge like a weaker thunderbolt? It wont be discharge, I'm sure of it.

KKS-Lapras

Think about this. Pikachu, on more than one occasion, has taken on more electricity than it could handle. In the past this came when placed in contact with magnets, and I would theorize it happened again when Pikachu was hit by Zekrom's electric attack. Pikachu always needed to release this extra electricity in order to return to normal. Discharge would allow him to do this naturally. When he was surrounded by the umbrella, I would bet that as his electricity was conducted by the metal of the inside of the umbrella, it was increased in power. When it returned to Pikachu's body, it was too much for him to handle. By learning Discharge, he could get rid of this extra electricity. Also, the Anime could portray the move as a varying power level move, depending on how much electricity is expelled. This would also act as a similar attack to Zekrom's signature move, which some people speculated Pikachu might somehow learn.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Quick Attack should go, since Electro Ball corresponds to speed.

I agree. If it is Electro Ball (and it certainly looks that way to me now), it should replace Pikachu's other speed based move.
I see Pikachu's moveset like this:

Thunderbolt-Electric- standard special move
Quick Attack- Normal- speed move
Iron Tail- Steel- coverage, and generic physical move
Volt Tackle- Electric- strong, physical finisher move.

I was personally hoping for it to be Return replacing Quick Attack to keep the relatively nice coverage Pikachu has, but if it's Electro Ball, then I guess that would become a new speed move. I can't see it replacing either of the other Electric moves, and if Iron Tail went Pikachu wouldn't have a standard physical move, as well as only having Electric and normal moves like in the old days. Yeah, replace Quick Attack. It's a shame to have 3 Electric moves though. I really liked it's moveset as it was. Oh well.

adyniz

Bulbapædist
It's either Elec Ball (most probably) or it may be Volt change and I think it's a screenshot from the Gym Battle episode not from BW020.
Here's the full scan by the way:
[IMG139]http://img602.imageshack.us/img602/1355/fullscan.png[/IMG139]

Edit: Oopss... I guess someone already posted this scan (earlier)

Edit 2: And now it's confirmed.
The new move is Electro Ball :D
[IMG139]http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2891/electroball.png[/IMG139]

Edit 3: Didn't notice, Maganon has already posted it in another thread (Plasma VS TR one)

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It is some kind of Electric Ball, here's new info about the new move

[IMG139]http://oi53.*******.com/25z2gw1.jpg[/IMG139]

So it seems to be Electro Ball, awesome and diferent from the usual, it was what made more sense to me if it had to be an electric attack :p.

Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.