• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW026 - Fishing conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Bianca and a Cilan focused episode? Yes please.

I smell a capture. Specifically an Alomomola

Thriller

Its almost time
I was getting worried one of them would get the Gary treatment.

Gary appeared quite a lot in early Kanto.

hol123 said:
Specifically an Alomomola

Alomomola (which is freaking hard to type) seems much more like a Sea Pokemon rather than a Lake Pokemon.

CyberCubed said:
There are hardly any water types in Isshu anyway.

New Water Pokemon have never really had a lot of focus since Gen 1.

Bubblewrap

Wow, another Cilan episode? How... thrilling. :/ And about fishing? I couldn't BE more excited.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I smell a capture.

I smell a Shipping: CafeShipping! Or whatever Bianca x Cilan is called.

Anyway, I don't think I'll like this episode. I think fishing is one of the most boring things in the world, and it's even worse in the anime from what I've seen in previous episodes. I'm sure someone will capture a new Pokemon, but I doubt it'll be Cilan. I only say that because I can't see him capturing something like a Basculin or an Alomomola or whatever. Anyway, I'm sort of tired of seeing Cilan-centered episodes. I suppose some people are happy though, since many complained that Brock never really did much. Well, Cilan seems to be doing quite a bit :c

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

Anyway, I don't think I'll like this episode. I think fishing is one of the most boring things in the world, and it's even worse in the anime from what I've seen in previous episodes. I'm sure someone will capture a new Pokemon, but I doubt it'll be Cilan. I only say that because I can't see him capturing something like a Basculin or an Alomomola or whatever. Anyway, I'm sort of tired of seeing Cilan-centered episodes. I suppose some people are happy though, since many complained that Brock never really did much. Well, Cilan seems to be doing quite a bit :c

yes I agree, fishing is really boring... its about patience and I hardly got any.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hey hey hey fishing is awesome people quit dissing it lol.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Why do you get set foot in the shipping forums? I have no idea who the heck ships who since I don't even try going into that sickened people part of the forum XD.

Don't go there and don't come here spamming about it.

P.S: Yes this is spam also.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
Looks like its shipping time!! *gun shots*

KibaLG8

Hey hey hey fishing is awesome people quit dissing it lol.

Yes because its so much fun to be in a boat for hours on end just to catch a real world equivalent of a Magikarp.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
So Cilan seemly has a personality change when it comes to fishing and Bianca joins the group for the day. Sounds pretty nice.

Bubblewrap

I can't wait to see how much Cilan changes when he is fishing. I'm so excited.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yes because its so much fun to be in a boat for hours on end just to catch a real world equivalent of a Magikarp.

You realize that that is not the only type of fishing right??

KibaLG8

So Cilan seemly has a personality change when it comes to fishing and Bianca joins the group for the day. Sounds pretty nice.

The summary makes it sound like she's already with the Group... I'm starting to think she appears in BW025.

You realize that that is not the only type of fishing right??

:eek: There's other kinds!! Sorry I'm not into fishing, so I wouldn't know.haha

Dax

Legend
Fishing... reminds me of the hilarious Whishcash episode back in Hoenn. Hopefully this can be as fun.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm surprised that nobody has apparently mentioned the little piece of trivia that we've got a city arc spanning five consequtive episodes. That's a first, though some might say it isn't so since the crew momentarily leaves the scene for the Team Plasma/Rocket collision...

Anyway, I thought I'd just mention that..

Together with Bianca, who joined them on their way, Ash and his friends decide to partake in a fishing tournament held in Castelia City. Just then, Cilan's eyes change colors when he hears the word 'fishing'.

...is what I got. Crazy mode again? ^^

Crazy mode is awesome! :D

Are you kidding? For some reason people remember ALL the Johto mini-tournaments:

- Bug catching Contest
- Whirl Cup
- Sumo competition with Snorlax
- Seaking Catching Contest
- Grass Pokemon tournament with Skiploom
- Tauros competition
- Extreme Race competition vs. Gary..

Johto had a lot of one-off things like these.

Indeed, most were extremely memorable, that's what's so likable about Johto, eventhough the rest of the writing sucked..

It better... Misty hasn't had so much as a reference since... uh, I think the lure popped up in DP?? /herpaderp

Buuut anyway, I can almost see Dento with a frillish, but nah, Basculin another no, But what if red and blue stripe basculin had an all out war start up :/

I wouldn't mind to see that at all.. After the flop called Pirañha 3D, I definitely want to see some Pirañha-like pokemon bite eachother to bits! Awesomeness!!!

Lets just sum up all the water(fish)-types that we know off to be able to be caught (so I'm excluding Seismitoad and Jellicent, fully evolved 2nd stages to be captured is just weird):

- Frillish: I see Cilan with a Female version.
- Basculin: I can see Cilan with either of them, I'm more a fan of the Red-Stripe.
- Tympole: Cute little bugger for on his team. An eventual frog would fit a possible food theme.
- Palpitoad: Same deal, though less likely as it's not really a fish, or fishlike..
- Tirtouga: Awesome for Cilan, yet being a fossil would be a bit weird, but not totally unthinkable. It could be just the thing that makes Cilan, or Bianca win the competition.
- Alomomola: I don't want to see this on Cilan..
- Tynamo/Eelektrik: Both are quite possible as they are fish, yet not Water types.
- Stunfisk: Not happening yet.. I'd pressume..

If anything, if there have to be pokemon caught here.. I want it to be either Bianca or Cilan, and then I'd love it for Tirtouga to join the cast. Bianca with these pokemon wouldn't be bad:

Bianca 3/6 (eventually): Emboar, Cinccino, Carracosta.

That's a good set up for that team, especially since we know how horrifyingly destructive the animé has already showed Flame Charge, Attract and Shell Break to be..

Well, to be correct, Flame Charge effectivily countered a Giga Impact, Attract took out half of Ash's team, and Dwebble beat Dewott and three other Dwebble due to Shell Break.

There are hardly any water types in Isshu anyway.

There are at least three fish-like pokemon that reasonably can be caught during a Fishing competition and can function on land as well, not counting evolutions: Frillish, Tympole, Tirtouga, Tyname/Eelektrik (they levitate).

Combine those possibilities with it being a Cilan episode, featuring Bianca and a possible plot of Basculin duking it out against eachother and you have yourself a decent episode. No reason to complain or anything..

New Water Pokemon have never really had a lot of focus since Gen 1.

Well, yeah.. That was because of somebody called ....... was catching most of them.. And in Gen 4. they were fairly well shown, except the Lumineon-line..

Well, I called it GreentopShipping.. Seemed adequate as they both have Green tops atop of their heads that are fairly obvious to note.. Cilan's hair, and Bianca's big ass hat..

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm surprised that nobody has apparently mentioned the little piece of trivia that we've got a city arc spanning five consequtive episodes. That's a first, though some might say it isn't so since the crew momentarily leaves the scene for the Team Plasma/Rocket collision...

Anyway, I thought I'd just mention that..

Crazy mode is awesome! :D

Indeed, most were extremely memorable, that's what's so likable about Johto, eventhough the rest of the writing sucked..

I wouldn't mind to see that at all.. After the flop called Pirañha 3D, I definitely want to see some Pirañha-like pokemon bite eachother to bits! Awesomeness!!!

Lets just sum up all the water(fish)-types that we know off to be able to be caught (so I'm excluding Seismitoad and Jellicent, fully evolved 2nd stages to be captured is just weird):

- Frillish: I see Cilan with a Female version.
- Basculin: I can see Cilan with either of them, I'm more a fan of the Red-Stripe.
- Tympole: Cute little bugger for on his team. An eventual frog would fit a possible food theme.
- Palpitoad: Same deal, though less likely as it's not really a fish, or fishlike..
- Tirtouga: Awesome for Cilan, yet being a fossil would be a bit weird, but not totally unthinkable. It could be just the thing that makes Cilan, or Bianca win the competition.
- Alomomola: I don't want to see this on Cilan..
- Tynamo/Eelektrik: Both are quite possible as they are fish, yet not Water types.
- Stunfisk: Not happening yet.. I'd pressume..

If anything, if there have to be pokemon caught here.. I want it to be either Bianca or Cilan, and then I'd love it for Tirtouga to join the cast. Bianca with these pokemon wouldn't be bad:

Bianca 3/6 (eventually): Emboar, Cinccino, Carracosta.

That's a good set up for that team, especially since we know how horrifyingly destructive the animé has already showed Flame Charge, Attract and Shell Break to be..

Well, to be correct, Flame Charge effectivily countered a Giga Impact, Attract took out half of Ash's team, and Dwebble beat Dewott and three other Dwebble due to Shell Break.

There are at least three fish-like pokemon that reasonably can be caught during a Fishing competition and can function on land as well, not counting evolutions: Frillish, Tympole, Tirtouga, Tyname/Eelektrik (they levitate).

Combine those possibilities with it being a Cilan episode, featuring Bianca and a possible plot of Basculin duking it out against eachother and you have yourself a decent episode. No reason to complain or anything..

Well, yeah.. That was because of somebody called ....... was catching most of them.. And in Gen 4. they were fairly well shown, except the Lumineon-line..

Well, I called it GreentopShipping.. Seemed adequate as they both have Green tops atop of their heads that are fairly obvious to note.. Cilan's hair, and Bianca's big ass hat..

Now imagine this if you will a wild ducky(can't remember his name) is diving underwater in search of food right when dent casts his lure. Then ducky clamps down on the lure and wala he captures a ducky. I say this cuz I really don't want to see dent with any other water type but swanna. Plus I really hope that this is just a catch and release sort of thing for that reason.

Although if ash gets a water type here I would say otamaro cuz its adorable( well to me anyways).

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Now imagine this if you will a wild ducky(can't remember his name) is diving underwater in search of food right when dent casts his lure. Then ducky clamps down on the lure and wala he captures a ducky. I say this cuz I really don't want to see dent with any other water type but swanna. Plus I really hope that this is just a catch and release sort of thing for that reason.

Although if ash gets a water type here I would say otamaro cuz its adorable( well to me anyways).

Well, I was just listing the options of believable water types to be caught at a Fishing competition..

Ash doesn't really need a Tympole does he? I mean I think it wouldn't really fit his style much.. Seismitoad is just too lumpy, if you catch my drift.. And Ash already has one very decent Water type: Oshawott, with chances of becoming a Samurott. Then Ash also has a big shot at getting a Ground type: Krokorok, which would be better then a Seismitoad, especially if it evolved.

And then I'd rather see Ash with a Golurk if he needed to get another Ground type. Heck, with Trip catching two Ghost types already, I want Ash to catch one.. Golurk would be perfect! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.