• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW039 - Archeops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
She's talking to it as well, as it takes off. Archen also lands on Iris's head, but I don't think that's a sign of it being nice to her, so that's moot.

Wouldn't you offer words of encouragement to something, too? Especially if it was trying hard to do something which it wants to do?

I agree that Ash is doing a bit more though, but I still hope he doesn't get it.

Better him than Iris, though.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So it evolves? hmm.

Also, more Tranquill!

ovidkid

part of me wishes that Ash will get Archeops another part doesn't

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
part of me wishes that Ash will get Archeops another part doesn't

I know, right!? I feel the same way. Part of me thinks it'd be really fun to watch with Ash, but I also wonder if it would be too powerful considering they're only at Nimbassa City. I wouldn't mind at all if Ash or Iris caught it. Though I don't want to start speculating every appearance to be a capture. I'm going to just believe that this episode is a filler for now.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Too bad its shown in the episode preview to evolve into Archeops

All we saw in the preview was something evolving into Archeops.

It's EXTREMELY (I'm not saying that it's going to happen. But there is a small, tiny, minuscule, possibility that it may happen. Very unlikely though..) stretching it, but it could be possible that it's a different Archen.

Fat chance of that happening though..

BM14murph

Master Collector

It's EXTREMELY (I'm not saying that it's going to happen. But there is a small, tiny, minuscule, possibility that it may happen. Very unlikely though..) stretching it, but it could be possible that it's a different Archen.

I don't think even dreaming about that is worth it mate :L

I don't care if it's an Archeops i want Ash to catch as many Pokemon as he can in Unova. I can just imagine the league possibilities (the more poke the likelihood of him going far is high as they'd want to be shown)

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.

The summary said that the Archen eats the berries and evolves, it would've mentioned a 2nd Archen. Unless you mean that there is 0.1% chance that they preview showed a different one that was mentioned in the summary and as you said that is extreemly unlikely, so I agree. And you could say that there is a really small chance of things not turning out like they seem to all speculations, unless it's 100% confirmed.

But yeah, there's 99.9% chance that it is the same Archen evolving.

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
So speculations of capturing, very unexpected /sarcasm

So if archeops is going to ash it will probably be getting the heracross treatment as ash would have 10 pokemon, which would make sense as the professor juniper is researching the origins of pokemon.

If Iris captures it that means she'll have two powerhouses which is pretty unlikely for a main character. But if she does then she could teach it dragon type moves.

For her to not be captured or accompny any of the proffessors does seem more likely for some reason.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Archen/Archeops. What's the difference, really? Archen looks a little less ugly than Archeops does, but that's about it. The way I see it, it honestly doesn't matter which one will be featured the most. At the end of the day, it's still just another Pokemon that Ash will bond with. Of course, he won't bond with his own Pokemon anymore than is necessary, but who's complaining about that? :rolleyes:

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
Archen/Archeops. What's the difference, really? Archen looks a little less ugly than Archeops does, but that's about it. The way I see it, it honestly doesn't matter which one will be featured the most. At the end of the day, it's still just another Pokemon that Ash will bond with. Of course, he won't bond with his own Pokemon anymore than is necessary, but who's complaining about that? :rolleyes:

Whats the difference? Hmm I wonder....Archeops:
- is larger
-is Stronger
-is Much more epic (opinion)
-Can Fly
-Is an evolved form
-doen't have a beak
-has a longer tail

there seems quite alot of diffences between the two.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Whats the difference? Hmm I wonder....Archeops:
- is larger
-is Stronger
-is Much more epic (opinion)
-Can Fly
-Is an evolved form
-doen't have a beak
-has a longer tail

there seems quite alot of diffences between the two.

You don't get it. I'm saying that no matter how different they may look from each other, they're still going to be the same Pokemon. In other words, nothing really changes. Whether this is an Archen episode or more of an Archeops episode is a moot point since Ash is still going to be bonding with it.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
If Iris captures it that means she'll have two powerhouses which is pretty unlikely for a main character. But if she does then she could teach it dragon type moves.

That's what I'm afraid of. Iris can barely handle Excadrill. I don't thing she'll be able to handle Archeops if it stays out of control like that. It maybe better to give it to someone else.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
That's what I'm afraid of. Iris can barely handle Excadrill. I don't thing she'll be able to handle Archeops if it stays out of control like that. It maybe better to give it to someone else.

How is it out of control? All it did ws roar as Archepos and hop on peoples heads as a Archen.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
How is it out of control? All it did ws roar as Archepos and hop on peoples heads as a Archen.

And Ash is restraining it for funzies?

Just as the summary said that Ash would be helping it, it's also said that Archen gets excited and it goes rowdy. This isn't to you now, but Iris can handle Excadrill. Although I don't think Iris will get it

Hollow Marowak

Ground Trainer
Stunfisk is showing up and we did get Palpitoad's VA, so I really hope we get to see Palpitoad AND Tranquill, for one because we haven't seen much of either, and also because I'd like to see the writers not stick to Pikachu, the starters, and Scraggy and one spot for rotation.

dman_dustin

Stunfisk is showing up and we did get Palpitoad's VA, so I really hope we get to see Palpitoad AND Tranquill, for one because we haven't seen much of either, and also because I'd like to see the writers not stick to Pikachu, the starters, and Scraggy and one spot for rotation.

Well the preview that Playerking noted (likely the Pokemon Smash preview), has said that Juniper is recording Archen's interaction with the group's Pokemon. Of the possible options:

Ash: Pikachu, Tranquill, Oshawott, Swadloon, Palpitoad, Roggenrola, Snivy

Tepig, and Scraggy apparently aren't listed, and I listed seven so take out Swadloon (I was going to say Roggenrola, but then I just remembered it was in the BW038).

Ash may very well have: Pikachu, Tranquill Oshawott, Snivy, Palpitoad and Roggenrola.

Iris: Axew, Excadrill, and Emolga

Cilan: Dwebble and Stunfisk? I didn't see Pansage but I'm sure it has a chance.

If I'm wrong please correct me, it's hard to reach the translated VA list when the roles aren't listed by categories. Pokemon for one category and humans for another.

Anyway if I'm right it looks like Tepig and Scraggy were rotated out, since it doesn't look like their VA's were listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.