• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW046 - Beware of Purrloin! Meowth & Oshawott!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowkingsley

http://i.imgur.com/8Fmfw.jpg

THURSDAY, August 25, 2011 (7PM JST)
BW046: Beware of Purrloin! Meowth and Oshawott!!

「チョロネコに御用心! ニャースとミジュマル!!」

Continuing their journey with Meowth, Ash and Cilan encounter the "Devious Pokémon", Purrloin. While Meowth and Oshawott are entranced by Purrloin's cuteness, Cilan, who got in serious trouble because of a Purrloin before, becomes wary. Meanwhile, Purrloin asks Meowth and Oshawott for help, saying "its friends are trapped inside a cave".

Alternate summary:
Having gained a new friend in Meowth, the group meets a Purrloin who asks them for help. They head to a cave in order to save Purrloin's friend(s), but...

Last edited by a moderator:

Danitsku

Oshawott does seem to be shaping up to be...quite the ladies man.

Can you say replacement Brock, or Totodile 2.0?

Also, inb4 "Hurr durrr! Oshawott will evolve! I just know it!"

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Uh oh, Meowth, that's not good. That implies that nothing was resolved in the Meowth episode. Oh great, I can hear the complaints.

And really Oshawott, could you maybe stop falling in love with everything (even though the only other example is Emolga)

However assuming this is a wild Purrloin, why do I have a feeling it will be caught?

I mean after all haven't some of us predicted Jessie would get a Purrloin?

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Finally! I wanted Purrloin to debut for ages! I like the idea of Meowth and Oshawott love triange.. but doesn't that kind of loosely hint that Meowth hasn't left the team yet? Unless he has and the TRio are around this episode.. which would be better tbh.

slowkingsley

I'm not very confident with the translation, so wait for confirmation from the proper translators on this board. I however am getting

The Cautious Purrloin! Meowth and Oshawott!!

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
So is everyone still so confident that Meowth definitely isn't actually fired from Team Rocket in BW045?

August 18 can't come fast enough. This is the one time I've desperately wanted to be wrong in a prediction, but this title would imply that I was right and he actually is fired for real. If this is true, and the episode is also involving Meowth falling in love with Purrloin, I'm finished. Did the writers really forget everything that established Meowth as an actual character?

Danitsku

So is everyone still so confident that Meowth definitely isn't actually fired from Team Rocket in BW045?

August 18 can't come fast enough. This is the one time I've desperately wanted to be wrong in a prediction, but this title would imply that I was right and he actually is fired for real. If this is true, and the episode is also involving Meowth falling in love with Purrloin, I'm finished. Did the writers really forget everything that established Meowth as an actual character?

Personally, I'm all for Meowth changing sides. Team Rocket's returned to their god awful unimportant episodes where they appear too often, along with a generic episode of the week plot we've seen in previous seasons. (At least they don't blast off anymore.) That being said, a complete switcharoo would truly breathe new life into his character.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Personally, I'm all for Meowth changing sides. Team Rocket's returned to their god awful unimportant episodes where they appear too often, along with a generic episode of the week plot we've seen in previous seasons. (At least they don't blast off anymore.) That being said, a complete switcharoo would truly breathe new life into his character.

It would be destroying what was left of his character, and the falling in love with Purrloin story wrecks the core motivation of who he is in the first place.

It wouldn't be breathing new life into his character, it would be pure character destruction and hijacking.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
SO Meowth stays with the group? Fantastic news :D, damn I love Purrloin its one of the pokemons I was really looking forward to see, I hope someone cataches it :(.

dman why? something diferent came out of it, instead of the usual BS of making Meowth go back to TR in the end of the episodes, I rreally hope he stays with them atleast till Raimon if someone has to capture it, I hope its Iris not Musashi.

What Great Butler? how he became boring along with the rest of TR for since Kanto? he will came back to them don't worry, it just won't happen in one episode as usual.

So Meowth falling in love = character destruction, not like he has fallen in love with every cat in the anime before, you are not makiong any sense, this doesn't hurt the character at all, it helps it, even thogh TR came out of a stale state in this region and they are bening as annoying as before, this is a much better direction.

Edit:Tks for the info Slowkingsley.

Last edited:

Danitsku

It would be destroying what was left of his character, and the falling in love with Purrloin story wrecks the core motivation of who he is in the first place.

It wouldn't be breathing new life into his character, it would be pure character destruction and hijacking.

I DO think the whole "falling in love with the regional cat of that generation" episodes are beginning to be far too played out, but I'm still going to disagree about what this whole "leaving team rocket" would do for Meowth's character. :p

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I DO think the whole "falling in love with the regional cat of that generation" episodes are beginning to be far too played out, but I'm still going to disagree about what this whole "leaving team rocket" would do for Meowth's character. :p

Seems like he didn't check the previows regions and didn't check that Meowth fell in love with every kitties and is making arguments about this one being diferent and killing the character.

More people who absolutelly don't care for story and just want TR to be a gag character group.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

He joined Team Rocket because he had nowhere else to go in life after Meowzie rejected him. Suddenly he gets fired and this isn't derailing his character?

The only thing we agree on is that Team Rocket has been wrecked this series, especially after Gym BW023. What makes it worse to me is that the writers intended this all from the start - make them competent, give them a large role in the show... then pull the rug out from under every fan of them and destroy them in every way possible. It doesn't even have anything to with the earthquake and subsequent embargo on the real BW023 and BW024 - that was just a coincidence.

More people who absolutelly don't care for story and just want TR to be a gag character group.

Seems like you haven't read my previous posts about TR.

If I wanted TR to be a "gag character group" I wouldn't have hated them throughout Sinnoh and been so angry when the Black Uniform era came to an abrupt end. I wanted them to stay how they were until Gym BW023.

Oh and the last time this happened was that Glameow filler in late DP, wasn't it? Tell me how many people found that episode or its events good in any way again?

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
He joined Team Rocket because he had nowhere else to go in life after Meowzie rejected him. Suddenly he gets fired and this isn't derailing his character?

The only thing we agree on is that Team Rocket has been wrecked this series, especially after Gym BW023. What makes it worse to me is that the writers intended this all from the start - make them competent, give them a large role in the show... then pull the rug out from under every fan of them and destroy them in every way possible. It doesn't even have anything to with the earthquake and subsequent embargo on the real BW023 and BW024 - that was just a coincidence.

Now , they came out of their stale state like I said this region, they were ****ing plot device for the writers not to write episodes and just have TR steal random pokemon of the day.

What can he do if he is fired? who cares if they "saved" his life, he was fired... again the falling love happens in every region drop it.

Oh I hated the DP episode, just like I hate any other filler that loses time with Meowth falling in love, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying it isn't out of character and isn't ruining anything, speciallly when they sent a filler in that and we got one less possible league episode due to that.

I'm just happy to see Purrloin since its my favourite regional cat, nothing else.

Plus with the new writing and Oshawott butting in we may have a fun filler.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Now , they came out of their stale state like I said this region, they were ****ing plot device for the writers not to write episodes and just have TR steal random pokemon of the day.

And then they went back to being just that, even if it's just temporary again. Where is the consistency?

What can he do if he is fired? who cares if they "saved" his life, he was fired...

I've already explained the implications this has on several other characters if it comes to pass outside of a very specific way. Unless Zager fires him, Jessie and James protest and Zager forcefully overrules them, you then have the derailment hitting Jessie and James too. Would they have casually thrown Meowth under the bus before?

again the falling love happens in every region

And guess what? It gets worse every region too.

I'm just saying it isn't out of character and isn't ruining anything,

It's been out of character every time time he does it. If he did it more than once a region would be one thing... though the only way it would truly not be character derailment is if the core of his character wasn't driven by what it's breaking in the first place.

Danitsku

Seems like he didn't check the previows regions and didn't check that Meowth fell in love with every kitties and is making arguments about this one being diferent and killing the character.

Exactly. TR's getting irritating. Let's spice it up, I say!

Seems like you haven't read my previous posts about TR.

If I wanted TR to be a "gag character group" I wouldn't have hated them throughout Sinnoh and been so angry when the Black Uniform era came to an abrupt end. I wanted them to stay how they were until Gym BW023.

Oh and the last time this happened was that Glameow filler in late DP, wasn't it? Tell me how many people found that episode or its events good in any way again?

Has someone been hanging out a little too much in the Pokemon Personality/Character growth, whatever it's called section in Bulbapedia?

In my own way, I've never even considered Meowth that bad of a guy. I haven't taken him seriously since Episode 2 of the indigo league. This could open doors for him. Just sayin'.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Exactly. TR's getting irritating. Let's spice it up, I say!

Seeing Meowth every week as the fourth twerp is not going to help that. You're going to get tired of it very, very quickly. Just like Max, there's really no role for him to fill in the group.

Has someone been hanging out a little too much in the Pokemon Personality/Character growth, whatever it's called section in Bulbapedia?

Considering I haven't been a member there for a year and a half, you can put that to rest. All I want is some consistency with a character I like.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
And then they went back to being just that, even if it's just temporary again. Where is the consistency?

I've already explained the implications this has on several other characters if it comes to pass outside of a very specific way. Unless Zager fires him, Jessie and James protest and Zager forcefully overrules them, you then have the derailment hitting Jessie and James too. Would they have casually thrown Meowth under the bus before?

And guess what? It gets worse every region too.

Well you didn't have it there before I posted.

They haven't gone back to that, they aren't appearing every episode, they haven't been stealing trainers pokemons that much, the things they have been doing is missions for Zager rigth now, the Roggenrola thing was a new weapon.

They have stolen Axew and Druidigon but its not like they do that every episode like before, I HATED TR for the entire Sinnoh, I hate them before but Sinnoh was really my boiling point, I was tired of them since Johto but taking that BS for two more regions just killed it for me.

With that in mind, this region I'm being able to watch them, I loved their black uniforms stint and I'm not disliking them right now, they have been doing missions and accomplishing them, like stealing the dream machine information for example.

They aren't being used just as gag and plot device now, they were used as such in the Axew and Druidigon episode and the fishing one, the others actually meant something they weren't just there for the heck of it.

Like I said I don't like it either but I think the major problem people had with the Glameow episode was that we didn't want more fillers at the time, I remember hating it and some people liking it.

Meowth is actually fun and can have some cool stuff to do in the episodes, Masato was just an annoyance and useless, Haruka just wanted to take her brother for a walk in the entire region.

Status
Not open for further replies.