• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW046 - Beware of Purrloin! Meowth & Oshawott!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
His name is in the title, so I assume he's with the group.

Yes that is what we are assuming, I forgot to put the third option with he is with the group but not caught.

I don't know if the manga reveals the title too, well the episode is almost here two weeks left for confirmation of wtv is going to happen in there or less since we might get summaries for the Purrloin episode and possible future titles/episodes names before it airs.

STICKTOPIA

This is why I believe Attract has strayed from it's point, it was fine when just Snivy had it and I accept the fact the Minccino(male) had it too since we never saw a male pokemon use attract in the anime(at least to my knowledge) but when Emolga was shown to also have it, that where the writers crossed the line, I hope we don't see Attract another pokemon to make a debut, otherwise I'm going to Japan and forcing my views on the writers
A male delcatty attracted dawns ambipom.

On topic, no 3 pokemon with attract is enough. I was already shocked seeing mincinno with it let alone emolga. Now ANOTHER pokemon with attract?! I just hope it doesn't get caught.

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
What other pokemon has Attract? Purrloin? We don't know any of it's moves.

Wanizaru

People just assume it has attract because this is a love episode but the other love episodes didn't have,Azumarill, Marill, Meganium,whatever using attract.

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
We don't know if it's a love episode either. From what we do know, it doesn't sound like one.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
This is why I dislike the dub; they add stuff in that isn't in the original version, and then people go around believing what was mentioned in the dub.

But yeah, I'm getting tired of all the episodes that feature infatuation. It wouldn't even be that bad if the writers didn't feel the need to abuse Attract, but that's just how the writers are I sometimes wonder if the BW writers secretly ship the Pokemon or something.

Actually, I watched the JP version first before watching the dub, and whatever version they mentioned it in I still think that Axew crushing on Emolga sounds absolutely adorable. Rule of Cute, anyone?
But you've got a point, Attract is becoming far too overused nowadays. Maybe if it was a move used few and far inbetween mainly for humor, but not the be all end all of battles featuring Snivy and Emolga. It makes their fights look cheap and belie their actual prowess in fighting.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Does it have to use attract to draw the attentions of meowth and oshawott? I can see Meowth falling for it without the need of attract and fake tears can make Oshawott feel pity for it and want to help. Then Purrloin can do what Emolga does; take advantage of their trust and make them fetch apples. Curious as to why the title is 'Beware of Purrloin': Why beware of it? It must have some gang of pokemons that are tough or it gets into a lot of trouble. Either way, Oshawott and Meowth are here and I am looking forward to this episode EXCEPT IT IS APPARENT IRIS WILL CATCH MEOWTH AND I DON'T LIKE THIS! (Seriously though, why give meowth to iris, who will end up like May and Dawn in four years time? What a waste of a good character...).

RandomOne

Randomization
But then Purrloin will just be Emolga2... She can be a diva, but not the exploiter kind like Emolga.

Janovy

Banned
Musashi said:
The summery talks about Nyasu and Mijumaru being attracted to Choroneko, but it also says Choroneko tells the two that its friends are trapped in a cave. So thankfully it doesn't look like love will be the main plot.

Hell yeah, this Purrloin doesn't have Attract nor is a diva. XD

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Meh its still about attraction... not that I ever fully believed it wouldn't since Meowth falls in love with every cat, I was expecting a male Purrloin though and Oshawott is understandable he is overdramatic in everything XD, I still laugh at him running to Emolga Attract.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Say, if Purrloin rounds out the main cast having a female Pokemon with Attract (well, I'm not saying that the kitty has Attract, due to her ability to charm both people and Pokemon) by having Cilan catch it, well......what would drive Cilan to catch it, exactly?
I just think it suits him, but I dunno why.

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
Nothing exactly drove him to get Stunfisk, either. And he'd probably bring up it's caring and selfless attitude and that it saved them, after unintentionally endangering them, and swoon over it.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Nothing exactly drove him to get Stunfisk, either. And he'd probably bring up it's caring and selfless attitude and that it saved them, after unintentionally endangering them, and swoon over it.

If that's the case, it's going to be adorable seeing him babying a crybaby like Purrloin, isn't it? More room for fabulousness~!

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
Purrloin was crying because she (it's confirmed it's a female now, right?) felt horrible about endangering the group. Still a great pokemon for Cilan.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Aren't Purrloins meant to be trickster Pokemon who use their wits and charms to get exactly what they want or to pull pranks? Sounds exactly like Emolga, but the cat's remorse means that she's got a layer of depth that contrasts with the apparently inherent nature of most Purrloins.

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
Yes, but this time there's a singled-out Purrloin. The Litwick were in a group. I know this isn't the best reasoning, but you'd think that a singled-out poke would be more likely to be caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.