• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW049 & BW050: Battle Subway One Hour Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

I really hope something important happens in these episodes. I mean something worth giving two episodes to such an unusual aspect.

I don't expect an evolution or a capture, the latter being nearly impossible given what we know about the episode.

And I'm really not expecting an evolution (Like Swadloon) merely because I want the potential upcoming episode preview after the one hour special to reveal a starter evolution. And I'm not too sure Swadloon maybe evolving in these episodes (which really is the only Pokemon I see evolving right now) Maybe Axew and then have a starter evolve like a few episodes later. Then again a DP preview revealed 7 episodes in advance (or rather shots of the 7th episode that aired), so perhaps it's possible that Swadloon evolves now and then 3-7 episodes later another Pokemon evolves.

Oh and maybe a spoiler of a capture for Cilan (who cares what Pokemon) and Iris (hopefully a dragon type), and Ash so that way Iris and Cilan have four Pokemon but I expect evolutions/battles, and other stuff. Hopefully news about a new opening.

Cheren9000

"Ghost Train"? Oh God, I'm having flashbacks of that one Hey Arnold! episode. Anyway, I like that Ash and friends will finally be arriving in Nimbasa City. I'm a little disappointed that Ash isn't going to the Nimbasa City Gym right away, but at least we'll get to see the Battle Subway. I'm also hoping that Hilbert and Hilda appear, but I have a feeling that Team Rocket will be involved and that we'll be lucky if we even meet Emmet and Ingo.

Yeah Emmet and Ingo are appreaing. Now I'm hoping that Team Rocket, Hilbert, and Hilda appear. I actually want Hilbert to appear more than Hilda because male protagonists from the games rarely get more than a cameo. Jimmy got the Pokemon Chronicles special, but Lucas and Brendan only had cameos. Since the writers are being unpredictable, they can have Hilbert appear in these episodes and be involved in the plot.

I really hope something important happens in these episodes. I mean something worth giving two episodes to such an unusual aspect.

I don't expect an evolution or a capture, the latter being nearly impossible given what we know about the episode.

And I'm really not expecting an evolution (Like Swadloon) merely because I want the potential upcoming episode preview after the one hour special to reveal a starter evolution. And I'm not too sure Swadloon maybe evolving in these episodes (which really is the only Pokemon I see evolving right now) Maybe Axew and then have a starter evolve like a few episodes later. Then again a DP preview revealed 7 episodes in advance (or rather shots of the 7th episode that aired), so perhaps it's possible that Swadloon evolves now and then 3-7 episodes later another Pokemon evolves.

Oh and maybe a spoiler of a capture for Cilan (who cares what Pokemon) and Iris (hopefully a dragon type), and Ash so that way Iris and Cilan have four Pokemon but I expect evolutions/battles, and other stuff. Hopefully news about a new opening.

You sound like a hardcore evoholic.

I don't expect Hilbert and Hilda to appear and the appearance of former is nearly impossible. But they can show some flashback of them battling each other or battling some random trainers in double battles, just to showcase Battle Subway.

Cheren9000

I don't expect Hilbert and Hilda to appear and the appearance of former is nearly impossible. But they can show some flashback of them battling each other or battling some random trainers in double battles, just to showcase Battle Subway.

True. It's not likely that Hilbert and Hilda will appear, but if the writers want them in the episodes, then they will be there. Actually, as long as they appear, I'll be fine. Even if they don't show up at all, I'll like the episodes as long as they are interesting.

Remmie

Ohohohoho! That would be so awesome/cool/wonderful! Also the twins look cooler in the anime, that`s my opinion.

Lee-san

Limbo Messiah
STILL no gym..sigh.

Oh well, this seems like it could be an interesting episode as well, hopefully very battle-centric.

Torpoleon

STILL no gym..sigh.

Oh well, this seems like it could be an interesting episode as well, hopefully very battle-centric.
At least the group is in Nimbasa City. That's definitely progress.

Hilbert and/or Hilda appearing, but I doubt it.

Upcoming Episode Previews after the special would be amazing and make this special the best one in BW thus far (mostly because wasn't the other one BW001 & BW002?). If Team Plasma and especially Team Rocket don't appear, I'd be somewhat annoyed. This special might also be where Meowth returns to Jessie & James and might be the reason he joined Ash & Co. as well.

Aegon

The animation seems a bit weird for these episodes. I was looking forward to seeing if Emmet and Ingo would appear in the anime, but they don't look very impressive. I hope they act alien-like (dare I say "robot-like"? :D).

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
This seems like a filler episode but I was hoping that since this is a two part special that either Meowth, Team Rocket, Plasma or some thing interesting comes up. Mainly Meowth going back to Team Rocket. It's just not funny anymore.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
This seems like a filler episode but I was hoping that since this is a two part special that either Meowth, Team Rocket, Plasma or some thing interesting comes up. Mainly Meowth going back to Team Rocket. It's just not funny anymore.

I know it's all very sudden and we don't want anymore filler before the Gym match, but Emmet is frowning right now!

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Wait... in the games, when you go to Anville Town, there's a Depot Agent who will tell you about a type of subway car each day. One of the possible stories is about a train that he claims goes so fast it can't be seen, and all you see behind him is a seemingly empty turntable. Train going so fast it cannot be seen = invisible = a literal Ghost Train.

Garbodor was in a recent Kids set that almost every other Pokémon in it has appeared, so I'd say it's a safe bet it will appear. I'm willing to bet on Klinklang too.

Cheren9000

Wait... in the games, when you go to Anville Town, there's a Depot Agent who will tell you about a type of subway car each day. One of the possible stories is about a train that he claims goes so fast it can't be seen, and all you see behind him is a seemingly empty turntable. Train going so fast it cannot be seen = invisible = a literal Ghost Train.

Garbodor was in a recent Kids set that almost every other Pokémon in it has appeared, so I'd say it's a safe bet it will appear. I'm willing to bet on Klinklang too.

Maybe team rocket wants that train for fast transportation.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

So they finally reach Nimbasa City. It certainly took long enough. The Battle Subyway captains look better in the games, though. But who cares. They are finally going to be in Nimbasa City.

And Meowth is still traveling with Ash and the gang; it seems he still hasn't been rehired from Team Rocket yet. How annoying, I was hoping he would be gone by now, apparently not.

Hopefully this special will be worthwhile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
People are speculating that Hilda/Hilbert or both will appear.

I don't think they'll appear. Nor do I think they will ever appear in the animé at all. Maybe they will appear in the movies, but not the show.

That's just my theory anyway; you don't have to go a long with it if you don't want to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I think will happen afterwords.

Hopefully at the end of the special the group will meet Elsea, and Elsea will allow Ash to have a Gym Battle with her a few episodes later, but I doubt it. But if it does happen, I will be overjoyed. And I will be even more overjoyed if Meowth is with Team Rocket again. It does not seem right seeing Meowth with the gang for more than one episode.

nap*

Yeah Baby!
INB4 Nisimba has a huge blackout at the end of these episodes that only the gym leader can fix and she tells Ash and co to go away.

PokeMasterJames

Pokémon Master
Like Dman said earlier, I hope we get a huge preview of upcoming episodes. I hope a part of a potential big preview shows that a starter, preferably Oshawott, will evolve.

Also, I could see Swadloon being used here and evolving in this episode. If not Swadloon, give the evolution to Roggenrola.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The animation seems a bit weird for these episodes. I was looking forward to seeing if Emmet and Ingo would appear in the anime, but they don't look very impressive. I hope they act alien-like (dare I say "robot-like"? :D).

I also thought that they'd look impressive like they do in their official artwork, but they look weird in the anime. I hope they're quirky in the anime, though. They seem like serious characters in the games, but I hope that they're a bit more lively in the anime. I'm still not sure why Ash and friends went to the Battle Subway first, but hopefully things take a turn for the better after these episodes.

Thriller

Its almost time
Say, seems like Jessie and James is at Anville Town.

This is officially the longest, most furthest away they've ever been from Ash & Pikachu.

Cheren9000

Why would that happen? Hilda and Hilbert won't be here.

It's speculation. They could appear as a small cameo or a major role(most likely cameo). The writers could easily put them in the episodes. I learned that you can never really guarantee that something will or won't happen in the pokemon anime. I remember before I made an account, I read some arguments here about whether or not Ash's Gliscor was going to show up for the league. Some people said that it was impossible for Gliscor to appear again for various reasons. And guess what. Gliscor appeared. You can say that it's not very likely for them to appear, but you shouldn't say they won't appear because they could. I'm not saying they will appear, but they could, and I'm hoping they do. If they don't, then oh well. I'll still like the episode without them there if the episodes have a great plot.

Maxulus

Just because nobody did it up until now in this thread, I am going to predict a random speculation that involves N in it.

While in the Subway, the gang randomly meets N and befriend him. He plays a big role in these episodes and all that stuff. Then, in the end of the second episode something happens and so the next episodes are the TR vs TP episodes in which N will be absent for a random reason. Then, the Gym Battle airs with N watching and in the next episode before leaving from Nimbassa N takes Ash to the Wheel, revealing that he is the leader of Team Plasma. The two of them have a battle and a rivalry starts.

How does that sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.