• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW052 - Nimbasa Gym!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrizza88

Meteorite
This better not happen. Tynamo is weak and can only learn 4 moves.

I was thinking that Spider/electric pokemon might be a good choice!

^It doesn't seem likely that Elesa would have more than 3 pokemon.

True.. but has there been any gyms in the game where at least four pokemon were used? Also, did Sinnoh follow the games? I can't remember at the moment...

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I would prefer the two Emolga. If they have to change one, fine.
Anime =/= games

Well, the Tynamo wouldn't be weak, obviously, but it would be stuck using Thunder Wave, Tackle, Charge Beam and Spark.

Lunanight

Elesa probably won't have any Emolgas because Iris has an Emolga (same goes for Clays Excadrill, wich will probably be replaced by a Gigalith because of, again, Iris has Excadrill). I'm personally hoping for her to have a Tynamo on her team.

Gardenia had a Turtwig and so did Ash.
Heck, Paul and Ash both had a Gliscor and Torterra
Even in Kanto, Ash and Gary had a Krabby, I know there are more examples but I have not seen Kanto/Johto episodes for a REALLY long time

So I do not see the problem with Elesa having Emolga since it is not like Iris is the one battling her. Same thing applies to Clay...and Skyla if Ash does not have Unfezant by then.

Come to thing of it, why in the world do A LOT of people on the forums think that if Ash/Iris/Cilan have the same pokemon as a gym leader/rival then it means that said gym leader/rival cannot have that pokemon. That is a load of BS, ANY character can catch ANY pokemon (I mean it, word for word and I am sure a few people know what I am implying) even ones owned by a major character. As long as the two pokemon that are the same do not fight each other in a boring battle, It does not matter.

However, I think they should replace only one of the Emolga's since, when was the last time we saw someone who owned two pokemon of the same species on their team and use both in the same battle. Never happened as far as I can remember, except for Ursula and her two Eevee's in the GF but even then, they both evolved straight away into two different pokemon. So one Emolga should be replaced with something like Joltik or a Tynamo

Last edited:

Mew~

Used rightly, Tynamo could put up a fight against Ash. But it could still have other moves, the writers have done it before. That Thunder Wave could cause him some problems anyway.

I'm interested in the first episode, heh. She is a model after all, the gang could get held up in some sort of shoot. I think that would be funny.

True.. but has there been any gyms in the game where at least four pokemon were used?
Besides HG/SS you mean? There was Candice and Volkner.

Also, did Sinnoh follow the games? I can't remember at the moment...
All of the gym leaders followed their Diamond/Pearl teams, except Volkner, who had his Platinum team.

I was thinking that Spider/electric pokemon might be a good choice!

Galvantula sounds nice, if they HAVE to replace one Emolga.

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby

A tynamo is weak but could easily be a strong one like the magikarp from the dp episode where the magikarp and feebas were strong. Thay could make it be a fall guy but it could evolve instead(hopefully this one). But I don't want the eel to sub a emolga I want 2 or none as if there's 2 then they could do a volt switch and roost combo. It'll probably go like this:
Ash: Snivy use Leaf Storm to finish Emolga off
Elesa: Emolga Roost
*Emolga 1 uses Roost*
Elesa:Now Volt Switch
*Emolga 2 comes out a takes hit*
*After a heated battle*
Ash:It's all or nothing, Snivy finish it off with Vine Whip
Elesa:Emolga use Roost
*Emolga 2 uses Roost*
Elesa: Now use Volt Switch
*The 2 emolgas switch again*
Ash:FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Actually it could work with one Emolga if Pikachu is used in the battle with emolga about to get hit by Pikachus electro ball/thunderbolt and uses volt swich and zebstrika comes out a absorbs it. Then it can own Pika. Or Emolga could be about to be hit by Swadloon/Snivy's Vine Whip/Leaf Blade/Leaf Storm/Razor Leaf/Energy Ball then volt swiches to Zebstrika then absorbs it with sap sipper and own them with flame charge. That would be a good way to show a dw ability(which isn't darmanitans as thats easily asscessible in-game) and debut for sap sipper.

Lunanight

When was the last time the writers gave a Pokemon to a gym leader that they didn't have in the games anyway?

Roark's Rampardos, Brawly's Hariyama. I am sure there are more examples, do they even count?

Both are evolved forms of the pokemon they have in-game, the only way Roark and Brawly ever get those pokemon is by rematching them in Emerald and Platinum respectively and both happen after beating the elite four

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer

Nothing's stopping this possible Tynamo from evolving mid-battle.

I personally could imagine one of Elesa's Emolga being shiny so it can be differentiated from the other one. That's why they made Winona's Swellow shiny, right? So nobody could confuse it with Ash's? Same basic principle.

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
Roark's Rampardos, Brawly's Hariyama. I am sure there are more examples, do they even count?

Both are evolved forms of the pokemon they have in-game, the only way Roark and Brawly ever get those pokemon is by rematching them in Emerald and Platinum respectively and both happen after beating the elite four

And don't forget Flannery's Magcargo ,Falkner's Pidgeot and the 8th gym in kanto with TR. Does Gargenia and Cacnea count.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
if she does have two emolga all they have to do is make one shiny and make one like like ritchie's pikachu sparky with it's hair sticking up somewhere to make em stand out--;

thunderblade12

Falkner's entire team was different from the games. I know I'm gonna get a ton of "they did that in Kanto/Johto, they don't do that any more" replies, but that's the same thing people said about Ash capturing 7+ pokemon in a saga before Unova. Before Sinnoh people firmly believed there would be no more releasing of main character's pokemon (excluding Jessie and James.) Keep an open mind is all I'm saying. Its not impossible for the gym leaders teams to be radically different. Elesa and Clay's entire teams have already debuted.

What I want to see:

Elesa:
Emolga
Tynamo->Eelektrik(Debut for both)
Galvantula
Zebstrika

Last edited:

They don't count because they still had their pre evolved form, it just evolved before Ash's victory match.

The normal gym, she doesn't have Lilipup, just Herdier and the chipmunk.
Her Lilipup evolved to Herdier so it also doesn't really count.

I think from my memory it's Juans Milotic and Seaking.

Last edited:

Pokeballs

Custom Torkoal 01
They don't count because they still had their pre evolved form, it just evolved before Ash's victory match.

Her Lilipup evolved to Herdier so it also doesn't really count.

I think from my memory it's Juans Milotic and Seaking.

The Lilipup and herder were different pokemon

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Weren't they the same? Just it evolved?

Originally, they were different Pokemon, but the dub messed up and said that they were the same Pokemon.

And now I'm going to change the subject to Elesa for the third time today.

I whole heartedly agree about your thoughts towards Elesa. She's got such an edgy design so I hope that her personality shines through too, and the Electric Type should surely provide a great gym battle (and after the last train wreck of a battle it's better by comparison already). Plus, most people found her Emolga to be right little trolols in the games so I'm thinking this could be entertaining if carried over to the anime.

I hope her Emolga troll Ash's Pokemon, particularly Snivy. I love Snivy, but I think she needs to be humiliated a bit, just for the lulz. Anyway, I really want this battle to be electrifying, as I've found the previous Unova Gym battles to be a bit boring. Elesa seems like she can get the job done though, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.