• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW052 - Nimbasa Gym!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I do think Elesa is going to have two battles

The first episode: vs Bianca being a single battle Emolga vs one of Bianca's pokemon.
The second episode: vs Ash being a 2 vs 2 (not doubles) with Emolga and Zebstrika vs Palpitoad and Snivy.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I so called Pikachu not being used here, once again my recognition of the past has proven right. Since Pikachu was used in the gym before this one, there was little chance of him being used here, and with Palpitoad being used, I hope that Snivy and Roggenrola are the other two

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Btw did I miss anything in the summary that said this was a 2vs2? why is everyon talking about 2vs2 instead of 3vs3 now?(or atleast some people are).

Janovy

Banned
Alright, I updated the OP with the summaries. :>

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I hope Bianca comes back with the female Frillish from the fishing episode. or maybe something else.

This should be an awesome episode. I'd be great to see Ash call on Roggenrolla or Snivy for this gym battle, as others have mentioned. Here I was, worrying Bianca's dad wasn't going to appear. It'll be nice having her get some development.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yeah te focus on the, Palpitoad has type advantage thingy makes me think e will lose.

Even though they just did the contrary with Pikachu recently.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Great to see that Palpitoad is actually getting used. I do wonder what it means that Zebstrika is the only of Elesa's Pokemon being mentioned.

The fact they're actually doing the story with Bianca's father surprises me.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Bianca's dad is showing up? I smell an upcoming scene ripped straight from the games...this oughta be interesting. And heartwarming.

And Palpitoad sounds like it has a chance, if only because 1)This is its first gym battle(which means the writers are gonna want to show it off), and 2)Elesa has other Pokemon, so it can win against Zebstrika and lose against her Emolga or something.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It makes sense for Palpitoad to be used. Atleast we can give Ash some credit for using his brain for type choices. But I'm glad the writers decided to use more of the Pokemon Ash has and use wisely.

Joltik-Kid

It makes sense for Palpitoad to be used. Atleast we can give Ash some credit for using his brain for type choices. But I'm glad the writers decided to use more of the Pokemon Ash has and use wisely.
He used his brain the last time he fought an Electric Gym leader, sad thing was Volkner was prepared for Torterra, at least Palpitoad stands some what of a chance since Elesa shouldn't know about it...

gohan5

Irisboy
He used his brain the last time he fought an Electric Gym leader, sad thing was Volkner was prepared for Torterra, at least Palpitoad stands some what of a chance since Elesa shouldn't know about it...

Even if she doesn't know what Pokemon Ash will be using it doesn't mean she won't have a strategy to beat Palpitoad. I mean she is a gym leader after all, they know about these things...Cress, need I say more? ^^

Joltik-Kid

Even if she doesn't know what Pokemon Ash will be using it doesn't mean she won't have a strategy to beat Palpitoad. I mean she is a gym leader after all, they know about these things...Cress, need I say more? ^^
I'll admit that Cress, Lenora and even Burgh knew how to counter certain Pokemon, but you also gotta admit this is Ash were talking about, he may not be s creative as he's been in the past, but when it comes to gym battles, he's pulled some crazy stunts :)

gohan5

Irisboy
I'll admit that Cress, Lenora and even Burgh knew how to counter certain Pokemon, but you also gotta admit this is Ash were talking about, he may not be s creative as he's been in the past, but when it comes to gym battles, he's pulled some crazy stunts :)

That's true, but really I see either Palpitoad being Ash's powerhouse like in his Don Battle appearance or having a surprising loss thanks to Elesa's tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.