• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW052 - Nimbasa Gym!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterpokes

A charismatic model appears? Where is the godamn "like" button?

I honestly think Ash will use Pikachu against Elesa. Just a feeling.

And if Bianca-dad storyline appears, you heard it by me first. Perhaps the "charismatic" in the title means Elesa will convince Bianca's dad? If they include a battle between Bianca and Elesa, that would be an added bonus. Really looking forward to this episode, not only because battles always are fun, but it shuts up people complaining about the "long" gap that we have.

pkGamerB

I'll shred ya.
Awesome, I can't wait for these episodes now! Although BW seems to have fallen behind Kanto in terms of pacing, an interesting note is that if Ash does indeed get his badge in BW 52, the gap between gyms three and four will be 27 episodes, the exact length of the longest gap in Kanto (from the time he won the Soul badge to the time he won the Volcano badge). If the pace were to pick up again, we could very well have a region that lasts somewhere in the 100-120 episode range. I'm not saying it will happen, but it isn't impossible, given the drastic pacing changes we've seen in the past.

As for Elesa's team, I'm personally hoping she gets an Eelektrik (or even Eelektross, but that might be a tad overpowered for the 4th gym) in place of one of her Emolga. It'd be a nice way for her to debut a new Pokemon, since we've already seen the other three electric lines so far. Like a lot of people, I'd like to see Ash use Snivy, Palpitoad, and Roggenrola here, but I'm open to the idea of Ash using Pikachu here, if it means he's not in at least two of the last four gyms. Knowing Ash though, I could very well see him using Oshawott here, which I wouldn't mind either.

Matt3225

Elesa probably won't have any Emolgas because Iris has an Emolga (same goes for Clays Excadrill, wich will probably be replaced by a Gigalith because of, again, Iris has Excadrill). I'm personally hoping for her to have a Tynamo on her team.

The fact that Cillan has a Dwebble didn't stop Burgh from having one. Until proven otherwise I'm saying that she'll most likely have her in game team along with the other gym leaders

dman_dustin

Oh. What was the Dawn-Maylene episode called when it was released? Sorry, I was not watching the show then.

It was called "Hikari's First Gym Battle."

And before that was Paul vs Roark the title was "Oreburgh (whatever Oreburgh's JP name is) Gym Paul vs Roark."

So yeah if it was Bianca she would be mentioned in the title.

The fact that Cillan has a Dwebble didn't stop Burgh from having one. Until proven otherwise I'm saying that she'll most likely have her in game team along with the other gym leaders

To be fair we've never had a gym leader battle with two of the same Pokemon (for the whole match) especially ones that cannot evolve.

Last edited:

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Awesome, I can't wait to see Elesa in action. Looks like they're gonna also give some focus on her being a model, which in interesting.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
If Pikachu is used I hope it atleast gets a win. Another loss would be an epic fail for Pikachu in this series since the first episode of BW.

rocky505

If Pikachu is used I hope it atleast gets a win. Another loss would be an epic fail for Pikachu in this series since the first episode of BW.
You do realize that Pikahu beat a Leavanny don't you? It has a win. Things like this always happen in a new region. Pikachu is useless against Zebstrika anyway due to it's ability.

FlyAsADunsparce

All those kids fangirling over Elesa. Lenora > Elesa LOL.

Anyway I hope that Elesa just sticks to her in game team. I never like it when they mix it up. Maybe she can have a shiny Emolga just like Winona's Swellow.

RickHoenn

Banned
You do realize that Pikahu beat a Leavanny don't you? It has a win. Things like this always happen in a new region. Pikachu is useless against Zebstrika anyway due to it's ability.

Yes! i don't get why some people think Pikachu is a loser this season, he starred in the 3rd gym.

FINALLY NIMBASA GYM!!! YAY!!! oh my they took so long... I hope Ash wins on his first try. :p and can't wait to see Elesa! :love:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
and can't wait to see Elesa! :love:
Same here

I'm hoping they don't give Elesa her in game team unless like Dunsparce suggested, one of the Emolgas is shiny

fukamaru

Yes! i don't get why some people think Pikachu is a loser this season, he starred in the 3rd gym.
Yes, he starred in the 3rd gym just like Tepig starred in the 2nd. But then Tepig loses in the next Gym. So Pikachu will be fall guy.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Yes, he starred in the 3rd gym just like Tepig starred in the 2nd. But then Tepig loses in the next Gym. So Pikachu will be fall guy.

Pikachu was already the fall guy in the first gym. I think Palpitoad will be the fall guy of this one, with Snivy and Pikachu/Roggenrola (whoever is used) getting victories.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Pikachu has won a few battles so far, but he's also lost some that he should've been able to win easily. I dislike Pikachu's inconsistency.

All those kids fangirling over Elesa. Lenora > Elesa LOL.

Anyway I hope that Elesa just sticks to her in game team. I never like it when they mix it up. Maybe she can have a shiny Emolga just like Winona's Swellow.

Elesa is an amazing Gym Leader, so it makes sense that people like her. And I agree that Elesa should keep her in-game team; I've seen people who have predicted that she'll have a Tynamo or a Joltik, but I hope she has two Emolga and a Zebstrika like in the games. I also thought that one of her Emolga should be Shiny in order to avoid confusion.

pokefandt

At the most I'm okay with Pikachu getting a tie. But the rest should get the main spotlight. I think we all agree on this.

Janovy

Banned
What the hell? Pikachu shouldn't even be in this;

1st gym; Pikachu
3rd gym; Pikachu

He's been in two of three gyms - that's enough. ._.

Dax

Legend
Would be pleasurable to see Pikachu get crushed by a Nitro Charge, burned and then stomped to death. Yeah yeah, I want him in now!

Would be pleasurable to see Pikachu get crushed by a Nitro Charge, burned and then stomped to death. Yeah yeah, I want him in now!

Nitro Charge doesn't burn Pokemon....

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
That can't happen with Magcargo, either. I think you meant Slugma.

Anyway, I'm glad the Gym's finally here, although I do wonder what will happen in BW051, considering the battle isn't until the next episode. Maybe they'll explore Nimbasa with Elesa.

That's what I meant, Magcargo evolved(Meaning it evolve from Slugma), so although she had a Magcargo in Emerald and the rematches, it was still and early change to her team. And Emolga can't evolve(Yet), so Elesa will probably have one, or one along with another electric Pokemon. I don't see the need of her having two of the same Pokemon in the gym battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.