• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW052 - Nimbasa Gym!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Palpitoad seems like a given if you ask me being a ground type and resisting electric type attacks Ash would be crazy not to use it

He's pretty unstable from what we've seen. So I don't really see him using Palpitoad. Most of that comes from the fact that I dislike the species, but a smaller part comes from the fact that I don't think Ash would decide to fight Elesa using type advantages. He's the kind of trainer who uses whichever Pokemon he wants, after all.

as for the other choices. I can see Snivy/Pikachu and Roggenrola getting used both Pikachu and Snivy are resistant to electric type attacks and Roggenrola has Stone Edge which is super effective against Emolga since she'll probably have them or at least one of them.

I can definitely see Ash using Snivy, but that's mostly because she hasn't had a starring role in any previous Gym battle. I also see him using Roggenrola, as it would gain a lot of battle experience at the Nimbasa City Gym. As for Ash's third Pokemon: I think you can predict which Pokemon I want him to use based on my previous posts here.

JD

He's pretty unstable from what we've seen. So I don't really see him using Palpitoad. Most of that comes from the fact that I dislike the species, but a smaller part comes from the fact that I don't think Ash would decide to fight Elesa using type advantages. He's the kind of trainer who uses whichever Pokemon he wants, after all.

I can definitely see Ash using Snivy, but that's mostly because she hasn't had a starring role in any previous Gym battle. I also see him using Roggenrola, as it would gain a lot of battle experience at the Nimbasa City Gym. As for Ash's third Pokemon: I think you can predict which Pokemon I want him to use based on my previous posts here.

I'm guessing Oshawott? Well he did say that he'd use him in the next gym but Ash isn't one to keep promises I'd like him to use Oshawott as well but I think Palpitoad should participate in this gym even if he is the fall guy.

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
With Ash's current record of using advantageous pokemon in gyms, Palpitoad would probably end up being the fall guy.

STICKTOPIA

It would be stupid on Ash's part to use Tranquil. Better to use Pikachu then to purposely go through that.
Ash used Oshawott against Pansage and Sewaddle/Swadloon against Whirlipede and look how it turned out.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm guessing Oshawott? Well he did say that he'd use him in the next gym but Ash isn't one to keep promises I'd like him to use Oshawott as well but I think Palpitoad should participate in this gym even if he is the fall guy.
Uh-oh... No. He didn't promise anything.

Ash said "Oshawott, another time" in the Japanese version of the Burgh episode. Just like his "You're up next time" in the English dub, it was just meant to be a casual line to comfort Oshawott. It could mean "in the next Gym battle", but it could also very well mean "in my next battle" or even simply "every once in a while, just not now".

Not shooting down the possibility that he might use Oshawott after all, but just keep in mind that Ash didn't hint at anything. Right now, all bets are off ^^

Personally though, I'd like to see Oshawott (as well as Tepig, for obvious reasons) sit this one out so it can get one or two significant victories in the 5th Gym instead.

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I would be very angry, if Elesa's emolga will use Attract - this move annoying me in Best Wishes.

Why would it have Attract? Just because Iris's Emolga has Attract, doesn't mean Elesa's Emolga will. Thats like saying Trip's Servine/Serperior will get Attract.

So we have no Pokemon that are guaranteed to be used here. I don't give a rats ass if Pikachu was used in every Electric Gym. I am pretty sure Tepig is out though. I think 3 gyms in a row is enough. Besides, I don't think it can do much with Tackle, Ember, & Flame Charge. Then there's Oshawott, I hope its not used. And I am hoping his battle against Stephan was his "Electric Battle". Tranquill should also sit out. Not sure about Scraggy, its getting stronger but most baby Pokemon don't get much battle time. Ash's Phanpy only got an unofficial battle against Pryce & one league match. Dawn's Cyndaquil only got 1 contest & then the Performance Round & 1 Battle Round in the Grand Festival. May's Eevee got 1 contest and then 1 Grand Festival battle. I wouldn't be surprised if Scraggy sat out until the last 2 gyms, which I wouldn't mind, but only if it gets some non-gym battle victories/losses in the meantime.

That leaves Pikachu, Snivy, Palpitoad, Swadloon, & Roggenrola. If Roggenrola isn't used until the 6th & 7th Gyms, then I wouldn't mind if it isn't used here. Palpitoad & Snivy should be used for obvious reasons. I am pretty sure Ash's Don Battle Pokemon are his choices. I also believe Palpitoad will be used in only one gym. If I had to choose, Swadloon could sit out until its used again as a Leavanny in the Ground Gym.

dman_dustin

Why would it have Attract? Just because Iris's Emolga has Attract, doesn't mean Elesa's Emolga will. Thats like saying Trip's Servine/Serperior will get Attract.

So we have no Pokemon that are guaranteed to be used here. I don't give a rats ass if Pikachu was used in every Electric Gym. I am pretty sure Tepig is out though. I think 3 gyms in a row is enough. Besides, I don't think it can do much with Tackle, Ember, & Flame Charge. Then there's Oshawott, I hope its not used. And I am hoping his battle against Stephan was his "Electric Battle". Tranquill should also sit out. Not sure about Scraggy, its getting stronger but most baby Pokemon don't get much battle time. Ash's Phanpy only got an unofficial battle against Pryce & one league match. Dawn's Cyndaquil only got 1 contest & then the Performance Round & 1 Battle Round in the Grand Festival. May's Eevee got 1 contest and then 1 Grand Festival battle. I wouldn't be surprised if Scraggy sat out until the last 2 gyms, which I wouldn't mind, but only if it gets some non-gym battle victories/losses in the meantime.

That leaves Pikachu, Snivy, Palpitoad, Swadloon, & Roggenrola. If Roggenrola isn't used until the 6th & 7th Gyms, then I wouldn't mind if it isn't used here. Palpitoad & Snivy should be used for obvious reasons. I am pretty sure Ash's Don Battle Pokemon are his choices. I also believe Palpitoad will be used in only one gym. If I had to choose, Swadloon could sit out until its used again as a Leavanny in the Ground Gym.

We haven't seen Roggenrola in a long time, and if it does fully evolve, it's going to a very quick evolution too so I'd like Roggenrola to get some battles in before the next time it shows up resulting in evolution.

Now let me do an analysis of the Pokemon Ash has:

Pikachu: HELL NO! Well okay true Pikachu has been in electric gyms before, but I want Pikachu to not take place. I still only want Pikachu in 4 gyms, and it's already technically been in two. And it sure as hell is going to be used against Skyla no doubt. Especially with her Swanna. So no, unless magically Pikachu doesn't end up being in a gym after Skyla I don't want to see it in this gym. Besides Pikachu wouldn't exactly be useful outside of Emolga.

Tranquill: Well if Ash was ever going to use her in a battle, it would be in this gym. Ash has used disadvantages before, most likely to throw his opponent off. And I'd really like it if Tranquill managed to beat an Emolga. But since Ash isn't using Tranquill for battles, it isn't going to be used. Especially since it has no neutral attacks against Elesa's Pokemon outside of quick attack.

Oshawott- Hell no, the only starter Pokemon I want to see in this gym is Snivy.

Tepig- Same as Oshawott

Snivy- It did get a nice win in the Don Battle Tournament, but more of Snivy is better. So I'll be hoping Ash uses Snivy since it hasn't gotten a gym win yet.

Scraggy- NO, I don't want Scraggy taking a slot just to lose, I'd rather Ash use a Pokemon he hasn't used hardly at all and the Pokemon loses because it wasn't quite able to beat it, over a Pokemon who loses because its not quite on the level as the other Pokemon.

Swadloon- Originally I would've been for this, when it was just Ash's six Pokemon + Sewaddle but Palpitoad and Roggenrola throw a wrench into that. So that being said Swadloon can sit out for Snivy.

Palpitoad- The only reason why I doubt this is for two reason. 1. Palpitoad was most used in the Don Battle Tournament. 2. Palpitoad would be largely useless against Emolga unless it learned another attacking move because Hydro Pump and Supersonic alone isn't going to beat an Emolga, and I don't think it'll beat Zebstrika. It could be used to be the fall guy but I'd rather that be Pikachu if its used.

Roggenrola- Roggenrola is arguably, no definitely the best choice against Emolga. And I think this would be a very good opportunity for Roggenrola because it would be its first battle.

My top choices are: Snivy, Palpitoad, and Roggenrola. I don't care who wins what but if at all possible I'd like each to get a win. But like I said Palpitoad is going to need a new move if it wants to beat an Emolga. That said I wouldn't mind Roggenrola sweeping the two Emolga and have Snivy beat Zebstrika with Palpitoad being the fall guy.

But we all know the writers don't know how to write battles, and they would have Pikachu battle a Golett with just Iron Tail at its disposal even if Ash had a Palpitoad at his disposal.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Am I the only one who would like to see Elesa with a Joltik or Galvantula istead of one of the Emonga's??

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
i would be realy suprised if ash used meowth in this battle!

there is already a female versoin of cilan thats Dawn

Jak2551

~SHARK FIGHTA~
I honestly dont care who Ash uses, as long as its not Pikachu. Pikachu gets to go to all the regions, so i feel he should get the least amount of Gym Battles. That and well... I hate him lol

JD

Uh-oh... No. He didn't promise anything.

Ash said "Oshawott, another time" in the Japanese version of the Burgh episode. Just like his "You're up next time" in the English dub, it was just meant to be a casual line to comfort Oshawott. It could mean "in the next Gym battle", but it could also very well mean "in my next battle" or even simply "every once in a while, just not now".

Not shooting down the possibility that he might use Oshawott after all, but just keep in mind that Ash didn't hint at anything. Right now, all bets are off ^^

Personally though, I'd like to see Oshawott (as well as Tepig, for obvious reasons) sit this one out so it can get one or two significant victories in the 5th Gym instead.

Yeah I think Oshawott will participate in the 5th gym as well... but I wouldn't be surprised if Ash used Oshawott in the 4th gym since it mastered Aqua Jet and everything but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
i would be realy suprised if ash used meowth in this battle!

there is already a female versoin of cilan thats Dawn

Despite the fact that they're nothing alike....

Am I the only one who would like to see Elesa with a Joltik or Galvantula istead of one of the Emonga's??

I'd like a Stunfisk, actually.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What do you guys have against Oshawott?

I would be very angry, if Elesa's emolga will use Attract - this move annoying me in Best Wishes.

I would also be upset if Elesa's Emolga used Attract. That move has been used too often in this saga, and it would make the battle way too predictable. I also hope that her Pokemon don't abuse Volt Switch. It's supposed to be Elesa's favorite move, but it would be annoying if her Emolga and Zebstrika kept switching out in every other round.

Waterpokes

Sure it's annoying as hell, but it's a decent strategy. When you think you have one of the Emolgas down, it uses Volt Switch to go back into it's ball, thus gaining some resting time, before going back to battle.

If that happens, we might see some strategy from Ash, which we haven't seen...ever.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
But it would also be dumb if Oshawott actually loses because then Iris would start her mouth and we'll look like idiots for saying he was a retard for sending Oshawott out in the first place. No need to make Ash look more like a dumbass.

Cheren9000

I don't want Oshawott to be used here. It has had enough screentime and battles already, and it has a huge disadvantage, so there's no point. He should use his don battle team.

Waterpokes

Don't know if you are talking to me or not, but I see no reason for why Oshawott should be used. It doesn't have a type advantage over any of Elesa's Pokemon, and considering Ash has much better options to pick from, why use Oshawott?

I could see Oshawott being used if Ash only had 6 Pokemon, but since he has Roggenrola, Palpitoad, Tepig, Swadloon, Snivy, Scraggy and Pikachu, it doesn't make sense at all.

But for all we know, he could use Scraggy, Tranquill and Oshawott for all we know. But perhaps they have something in store for Oshawott. It did have episode 31, and its episode VS Blitzle, where it trained using his shell to block Electric moves, which might be forshadowing.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
We don't need to make Ash look like a dumbass because he already is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.