• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW052 - Nimbasa Gym!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Why do people think Palpitoad has a disadvantage against Emolga??? Water hit's for neutral damage(you should know this people since Pikachu lost to one) and while Supersonic is not know to cause damage in the game, the show has proven know and again that sound based moves(besides sing) cause the pokemon pain...so I don't see the logic here, so what if Mud Shot can't hit...

The one Pokemon I want to be in this gym no matter what is Snivy, she is the only starter that has yet to star in a gym battle

Yes. They were different pokemon.

...Huh didn't know that. But still I don't really count it as a completely different Pokemon from her in game team. Juan was the last technically.

I wonder if they'll make Emolga Elesa's signature Pokemom. Pokemon tends to give some gym leaders a different signature Pokemon than they had in the games. Like Fantina's was Drifblim, Gardenia's was Turtwig, and Lenora's was Herdier

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
...Huh didn't know that. But still I don't really count it as a completely different Pokemon from her in game team. Juan was the last technically.

I wonder if they'll make Emolga Elesa's signature Pokemom. Pokemon tends to give some gym leaders a different signature Pokemon than they had in the games. Like Fantina's was Drifblim, Gardenia's was Turtwig, and Lenora's was Herdier

Roserade was Gardenia's main Pokemon....Turtwig just happened to be her most featured one.

How dumb would it be if Emolga was her main Pokemon. All this talk about Tynamo.... is this speculation or is one really appearing in these episodes? If so I have a high feeling that just like Fantina, Tynamo will evolve into Eelectrik and be her main Pokemon.

I personally could imagine one of Elesa's Emolga being shiny so it can be differentiated from the other one. That's why they made Winona's Swellow shiny, right? So nobody could confuse it with Ash's? Same basic principle.

did they change gardenia's turtwig? i guess not.

Last edited:

claudicado

Celestic Gym Leader
Given that Ash will battle the subway masters after this episode, do you think he will lose to Elesa and do some training with the subway masters and come back later or he just wins at first try?

Haru-kaa

☆Kira☆Kira☆
Summary BW051 :

サトシとポケモントレーナーのベルは、ポケモンジムのジムリーダーに勝つとゲットできる
ジムバッジの通算四個目を狙って、ライモンジムに行く。ライモンジムのジムリーダーは
電気タイプのポケモンを操る売れっ子モデル・カミツレだった。ところがジムの中では
ベルの父親が待ち伏せしていて…

Summary BW052 :

ピカチュウを外してジム戦のメンバーを組んだサトシは、カミツレの「らいでんポケモン」
ゼブライカに、電気ワザの効かない「しんどうポケモン」のガマガルで対抗する。

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Given that Ash will battle the subway masters after this episode, do you think he will lose to Elesa and do some training with the subway masters and come back later or he just wins at first try?
Losing seems like a dumb and overused way to keep Ash in certain area for awhile. I doubt he'll lose here, unless the writers break the pattern of him losing in one official gym battle per season(I don't count the indgo league since Ash didn't have to fight for most of his badges anyway)

Dax

Legend
Pikachu and Palpitoad are in I guess. I'm happy about Palpitoad, the only reserve getting screentime.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
From bluesun

Satoshi and the Pokemon Trainer, Bel, head to Raimon Gym, aiming for a total of four Gym Badges obtained by winning over Gym Leaders in Pokemon Gyms.
The Raimon Gym Gym Leader is the Electric-Type-controlling Favourite Model; Kamitsure. But in the Gym awaits Bel's father...

BW052:
Satoshi, whose Gym battle team Members exclude Pikachu, opposes Kamitsure's "Thunder, Lightning Pokemon", Zebraika, with his "Shocks Pokemon", Gamagaru, who is not affected by Electric Attacks.

Yep, Pikachu doesn't battle and Palpitoad does.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
From bluesun

Satoshi and the Pokemon Trainer, Bel, head to Raimon Gym, aiming for a total of four Gym Badges obtained by winning over Gym Leaders in Pokemon Gyms.
The Raimon Gym Gym Leader is the Electric-Type-controlling Favourite Model; Kamitsure. But in the Gym awaits Bel's father...

BW050:
Satoshi, whose Gym battle team Members exclude Pikachu, opposes Kamitsure's "Thunder, Lightning Pokemon", Zebraika, with his "Shocks Pokemon", Gamagaru, who is not affected by Electric Attacks.

just making sure its exclude not include?

If that's the case I'll edit my spreadsheet.

AwesomeMudkip14

From bluesun

BW050:

Thanks

Really happy that the writers aren't using Pikachu in this gym because of the electric connection but i want to know more about Elesa's team

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
From bluesun

BW050:
Satoshi, whose Gym battle team Members exclude Pikachu
, opposes Kamitsure's "Thunder, Lightning Pokemon", Zebraika, with his "Shocks Pokemon", Gamagaru, who is not affected by Electric Attacks.

Hallelujah — Praise Baby Jesus, (secretly praying someone is not trolling us, and he DOES battle.)

Best wishes really is a break from the mold if Pikachu sits out on an electric gym.

Anyhow this has been set up as the match of destiny, ever since Gamagaru was caught in BW35, I hope Gamagaru beats Zeburaika, and picks up one other win from someone else who loses — (Tsutaaja, Dangoro, or Zuruggu)

Ooh Pikachu's not used in the gym battle, awesome, more opportunities for the reserve pokemon.

Palpitoad was a given but I'm guessing it might be a fall guy after having two wins at the Don Battle. Hopefully Ash's other two pokemon consist of Roggenrola and Snivy (or Oshawott provided that he evolves lol).

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
lol i ran the summaries on a babylon translation thing and its hilarious

Summary BW051 : When Satoshi and Bell of the Pokemon trainer beat leader Jim of the Pokemon gym, I can get For four eyes of the gym badge in total, I go to the rye mon gym. Leader Jim of the rye mon gym It was the popular figure model chamomile which handled Pokemon of the electric type. However, in the gym Father of the bell ambushs you; and ...

Summary BW052 : Satoshi who took off Pikachu, and crossed a member of the game with gym of the chamomile [heredity Pokemon] I am opposed to a zebra cuttlefish in a reed mace gal of [しんどう Pokemon] which doesn't work of the electric skill.

Yeah Pikachu is out. Then i wonder who is in. Palpitoad, Snivy, and Roggenrola make the most sense.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Interesting, with Pikachu sitting this battle out I can now see it instead being saved for the battle with the subway masters.
Hope Palpitoad dose not pull a Torterra and lose to a type disadvantage, to show that Gym Leaders can cover their weaknesses. I would rather see it beat the horse, get to prideful and lose to one of the squirrels, really quickly. Maybe bringing out some of its original character.

Status
Not open for further replies.