• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW054 - Ash VS Champion Alder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It's interesting.

Shooti is going to have major fangirl rage if Adeku-san takes an interest in Ash and his career. Which he did not really with Shooti, as when they met he was too young to even train.

All Shooti did was vow to challenge and beat Adeku.

I can see Ash telling Shooti about meeting the Champ next time they meet, for Rival Battle #4(I hope)

That idea would actually make a better plot of their rivalry. Plus, I see some stadium action going on. Maybe a musical perhaps?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Its in the preview.

Lol, what with not in the preview, I'd almost assume that Ash beats Alder, because Alder isn't serious about the battle. What if Trip gets word of this! :O

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Lol, what with not in the preview, I'd almost assume that Ash beats Alder, because Alder isn't serious about the battle. What if Trip gets word of this! :O

Didn't get what you mean with the first part.

NAH Xd I know you are jkg anyway(hopefully :p)

De HotShot Mon

Smack Down time
Yeah, Gigalith is awesome. However, it's also much, much, much smaller than I expected it to be. I was thinking it would be about the same size as, say, Snorlax.

As for the episode itself, I think it's nice to see the Champion of a region actually have problems and/or interactions with their Pokemon outside of congratulating them after battles. That's not something they did with Cynthia, who basically appeared to be PPIEW (Practically Perfect In Every Way).

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Oh great, Screenhogachu is fighting again. I'm so excited for this episode that it hurts.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oh great, Screenhogachu is fighting again. I'm so excited for this episode that it hurts.

He's better than Screenhogpig and Screenhogwott. :p

But yeah, I'm surprised that Pikachu was actually doing well against Alder's Bouffalant in the preview. I thought that Pikachu wouldn't stand a chance against something that strong, but it looks like we're seeing the return of the old Pikachu. It'll probably only last a few minutes, but it'll be nice to see a competent Pikachu for once.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
He's better than Screenhogpig and Screenhogwott. :p

But yeah, I'm surprised that Pikachu was actually doing well against Alder's Bouffalant in the preview. I thought that Pikachu wouldn't stand a chance against something that strong, but it looks like we're seeing the return of the old Pikachu. It'll probably only last a few minutes, but it'll be nice to see a competent Pikachu for once.

Heck no, what about Screenshyrola?

I really don't think Pikachu is doing well against Bouffalant, I mean Alder isn't the slightest worried about it. Pikachu should have kept Volt Tackle, then maybe I'd see it as a possible threat against the bull.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Bouffalant sure can take hit's well, kinda reminds me of a certain rivals starter pokemon, you know the one who ruined Ash's pokemon chances as much as Infernape...

Not sure what this episode will be about, but I think I'l still watch it cause I don't deem any episode bad till I watch it or I hear reviews

Cobalt_Latios

If all the sports stadium/musical stuff takes place, in the same episode as Adler (which I doubt) that's alot to cram in one episode. It's amsuing seeing Adler and Ash eating together. I assume just by the picture they are going the route of "I was just like you when I was your age." Ash will of course challenge him and get decimated.

Ash is seen dancing with a Gothitelle, Iris is playing against Ash in tennis and pelting him in the face with a tennis ball, and the group, including Bianca are riding on the roller coaster as well. I assume the ferris wheel will come into play somehow as well. I'd like to think this is a separate episode all together, but I suppose we have to wait and see. I'm glad they are visiting the sites though.
Wait... so they're compressing meeting Alder and the Stadiums/Musical into an episode. Good grief. After the amount of spare eps we had between Castelia and Nimbasa (which, IMO, should never have happened. I'm still baffled by this), seeing them put 3 places/events into 1 just seems like their either rushing to get ahead and make up for lost time, or they're just not sure how to handle an Alder centric episode. Could work though, we'll see.

Alder having traits of Ash and Brock, being a bit childish and a ladies' man, really fits him. So far, I'm pretty impressed.
Eh, well, that would certainly be a first. And why does it remind me of another anime character... could be anyone.

Maybe we can get some Elite Four members soon, too?
The writers could troll us hard by throwing in Caitlin. Oh man, the explanations on that one would be hysterical xD. Grimsley would be pretty neat. Shauntal would be the more logical for first though. After all, Lucian was first in Sinnoh.

So, Alder's a player who enjoys fun fun fun, festivals and water proofed hair.
This man is a guido, and he is going to attract moar fangirls than Ingo and Emmet - I CAN FEEL IT IN MY OVARIES.
Well, we'll just have to see then.

*gets ready to check frequented image board*

So Ash actually gets to battle the Champion this time; that's Awesome
Now that I actually thought about it, this is a first. Since the first 2 gens don't actually count, gen 3 was Steven, and he had such a brief appearance it was laughable. Wallace didn't even appear until gen 4. Ash never got to challenge Cynthia, but at least we got to see all the Elite 4 members (a first, I might add). So... Gen V decided to throw us a bone. Why not.

Okay, Ash vs Alder
1. Why couldn't he have a battle versus Cynthia? Hopefully this will come later.
You got me, but I'm not going to worry too much about it. After all, Ash needs to at least win 1 league in order to be able to challenge a Champion in the first place.

2. Trip is going to be so jealous of Ash.
After witnessing Paul's reaction to Ash's remark of having defeated Brandon, I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

3. Alder is a jokester and a ladies man?
I would die laughing if Bouffalant is the chaperon.

Nah. The scans mentioned that this would be the next episode and the scans heavily mentioned and showed Alder and Bouffalant. The episode after might be the musical episode, or the musical bit will be in BW053. Trust me, this is the episode where Ash fights Alder.
So... they are splitting the activities between eps?

Are they seriously going to make Bouffalant his signature over Volcarona? His hair looks like a Volcarona for christs sake!
Cynthia had Garchomp out most of the time, we never got to see her Lucario or Spiritomb, or Milotic (well, we had Wallace's Milotic, but still), so I don't think it matters that much.

To be or not to be, will Alder turn out to be a better Champion than Cynthia in the anime?
We got to see Cynthia in DP 42... roughly. This is going to be BW 53-54 (not sure which). First appearance. We didn't get to know Cynthia until her third/fourth appearance.

Where's Trip? Please don't let Ash's Snivy evolve.
Why not? Don't want Snivy to suffer the same fate as Turtwig? I'm not worried. If anything, I expect Snivy to reach full evolution, followed by Oshawott. Also, it's up to Snivy; if she doesn't want to evolve, fine. But if she does, then that's that.

Also, glad to see they're finally sticking with the game this time. 25 episodes to get to a city that's not even a proper route's length away from a massive city like Castelia is just a dumb move. I don't care what happened between it, they had such great momentum going... then they had to botch it up.

But now we're finally moving on. If all goes well... 56-60 should be Drfitveil Drawbridge/Driftveil City, and maybe the Cold Storage. Hell, maybe we could get the introduction to Triple/Rotation battles at that point.

'CL

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Any information about who's animating this episode? It looks horrible in the preview.

This is awkward, you said horrible instead of awesome.

On the topic of Alder's Pokeballs, maybe they don't lock because he has only 6 or less Pokemon with him and the rest are empty.

Janovy

Banned
I really hope Trip is appears in the Alder episode and that the previews didn't show him appearing on purpose. :S

Cynthia had Garchomp out most of the time, we never got to see her Lucario or Spiritomb, or Milotic (well, we had Wallace's Milotic, but still), so I don't think it matters that much.
All I'm saying Alder should appear with a Volcarona, not a Bouffalant! Volcarona is his signature Pokemon, but the anime writers are writing him with his Bouffalant being his main. Meaning we're going to barely see his other Pokemon just like Cynthia - including his signature!

Status
Not open for further replies.