• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW057 : Scraggy & Gothita

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Smash Preview
- Iris standing up from behind Ash.
- Most of the main group and their Pokemon having shocked faces.
- Scraggy looking angry and Gothita is lying on the ground.
- Koharu talking to Ash.
- Axew being scared.
- Axew trying to pull Scraggy away from Gothia.
- Koharu commanding something.
- Mandibuzz vs. Tepig.
- Tepig uses Tackle?
- Mandibuzz uses Brave Bird.

Bubblewrap

What is the actual relevance of the Mandibuzz in this episode?
Or wait, is it the CoTDs? Sorry, I really haven't been following.

gohan5

Irisboy
What is the actual relevance of the Mandibuzz in this episode?
Or wait, is it the CoTDs? Sorry, I really haven't been following.

Yeah apparently the Mandibuzz looks like it belongs to Koharu and she's using it to battle against Ash's Tepig. I'm guessing the battle is to decide Scraggy's fate or something.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
She has additional Pokemon too. I wouldn't be surprised if she was a league challenger.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
She has additional Pokemon too. I wouldn't be surprised if she was a league challenger.

Not every CotD with more than one pokemon enters the league.
I even doubt Luke will enter the league, he might appear to film it but that's it.

playerking

Where's PlayerKing with the smash preview link?

The person that uploaded them doesn't do it anymore. All those previous videos have been deleted.

Not every CotD with more than one pokemon enters the league.
I even doubt Luke will enter the league, he might appear to film it but that's it.

Well, if Luke wanted to just film battles, he had no reason to enter the Don Battle. He might collect badges, plus that would mean gym battles and more battle footage. It's always good to have a wide variety of battle footage. Maybe he could do a film about his "Journey to compete in the league". Anyway, that's offtopic.

I don't think we'll see Koharu again, but I'm glad she's a pushover because I know some COTD's that are bland, but lately, I'm liking the COTD's.

It'd be funny if there were a few scenes where Gothita was upset and Gothita looks at Koharu as if to tell it that her that she should be upset too. Well, I think it'd be funny.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
*sigh*

What part of "Starters Are Marketable" do you people not understand?

As for the other three, they were pre-release Pokemon, so of course they'd be the most recognizable.

While I agree that the image probably means nothing, I disagree with the reasoning. While most are marketable, it's a bit on the odd side for them all to be so easily connectable to the main cast. I mean, why not have Reuniclus or Gothitelle or Cofagrigus or Zoroark or some other beefy, marketable Pokemon, ones that are just as/more marketable than Haxorus, Excadrill, and Gigalith. The issue I see with it is just that it's way too freaking early to be "revealing" evolutions of that magnitude, and that it's more than likely just coincidence.

Not sure what my point was in discussing that, considering my overall thoughts are the same. Oh well.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Well, if Luke wanted to just film battles, he had no reason to enter the Don Battle. He might collect badges, plus that would mean gym battles and more battle footage. It's always good to have a wide variety of battle footage. Maybe he could do a film about his "Journey to compete in the league". Anyway, that's offtopic.
s if to tell it that her that she should be upset too. Well, I think it'd be funny.

Well the old man told him to enter the Club Battle so he can learn how to film better battles. His goal doesn't really have anything to do with entering the league, but yeah that's off-topic.

Gothita is very unlikable so far.

shaheen

Hi I am new here and i was hoping for a chance at double captures like cilan's stunfisk and Ash's palpitoad.What if Iris gets gothita and Ash gets Garbodor That will be really interesting Plus it will give ash a chance to get deino I really want ash to get deino rather than iris.It really suites him more

playerking

Hi I am new here and i was hoping for a chance at double captures like cilan's stunfisk and Ash's palpitoad.What if Iris gets gothita and Ash gets Garbodor That will be really interesting Plus it will give ash a chance to get deino I really want ash to get deino rather than iris.It really suites him more

Unlike the Palpitoad and Stunfisk captures, this would make less sense since Garbodor is most likely just a random appearing Pokemon that won't serve much importance in the episode.

Why Ash? Iris is the one who wants to be a Dragon Master and giving an episode where Iris bonds with a Deino and then Ash gets it or another one makes little to no sense. And saying it suits him is your opinion, so that's not really much of a reason.

What do you know, the preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOaDKrxivLU&feature=channel_video_title

Last edited:

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
you got evidence for this or is this just a personal opinion?

Also, why do people assume mandibuzz is a pushover, what if it happens to beat Tepig in battle?

The way I see it, Mandibuzz might actually beat Tepig. Tepig has tackle, ember, flame charge and flamethrower. Mandibuzz has good defences so Tepig's best bets are using ember and flamethrower but Mandibuzz could act like Trip's Tranquil when Tepig battled it. Mandibuzz could also use big powerful moves such as bone rush or night slash. I think, judging from the preview, ash and this trainer battle and Ash loses. She then says she will give ash a day left with his pokemon and tells him to pick a pokemon of her's. He says no and leaves but she follows him. He then shows that she should consider her pokemon valuable and then there is a moment where Gothita meets Garbador. Battling ensues where one of Ash's pokemon learns a new move (Please be Tranquil...). Everyone says farewell and the trio head for driftveil.

shaheen

Why Ash? Iris is the one who wants to be a Dragon Master and giving an episode where Iris bonds with a Deino and then Ash gets it or another one makes little to no sense. And saying it suits him is your opinion, so that's not really much of a reason.
Yes it is opinion that deino suites ash better i never pointed it out as a reason and just because iris is shown bonding with deino doesnt necessarily mean she should get it There have been episodes where brock and dawn bonded with pokemon's and ash ended up getting them in the end
One more thing is that it clearly states in iris's flashback of the dragon village that in order for her to become a dragon master she is to train her axew and have it evolve all the way up to a haxorus no one said she has to catch every other dragon type pokemon she come upon .I mean sure she has a genuine love for dragon types but then again she tried to catch all the starter pokemon that ash now has with him
And In the palpitoad episode stunfisk was just one among many pokemon palpitoad called upon to help scare away ash no one even guessed that it would get caught till it was caught
Plus ash either catches,evolves,or his pokemon learns new moves every 10 episodes and so far there have been no indication of a possible evolution and two of ash's pokemon learned new moves in the last 10 episodes so yeah its only logical to expect a capture in the upcoming episodes

I think I'm gonna really like this ep.

I'm not much for Japanese episodes but, I think I'm gonna be seeing this one...

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Tepig is really the battler in this series isn't he? We've seen him battle the hardest and the best. It might be the first one to evolve if this keeps happening.

playerking

Yes it is opinion that deino suites ash better i never pointed it out as a reason and just because iris is shown bonding with deino doesnt necessarily mean she should get it There have been episodes where brock and dawn bonded with pokemon's and ash ended up getting them in the end
One more thing is that it clearly states in iris's flashback of the dragon village that in order for her to become a dragon master she is to train her axew and have it evolve all the way up to a haxorus no one said she has to catch every other dragon type pokemon she come upon .I mean sure she has a genuine love for dragon types but then again she tried to catch all the starter pokemon that ash now has with him
And In the palpitoad episode stunfisk was just one among many pokemon palpitoad called upon to help scare away ash no one even guessed that it would get caught till it was caught
Plus ash either catches,evolves,or his pokemon learns new moves every 10 episodes and so far there have been no indication of a possible evolution and two of ash's pokemon learned new moves in the last 10 episodes so yeah its only logical to expect a capture in the upcoming episodes

1. What the hell, unlike other episodes where character rarely bond with Pokemon that other people get, this is different. It'd be utterly stupid for Ash to get it, seeing how much Iris loves Dragon Pokemon and how much attention she's paying to it, Ash has shown no interactions with it.

2. Yes, she likes other Pokemon and she doesn't need more Dragon Pokemon, but her effort to get it to open up makes it unlikely for anyone like Cilan or Ash to get it, it could stay with it's trainer or it could go with Iris, but it would hardly make any sense for Ash or Cilan to get it.

3. That's not a good reason, yes it was unlikely that Ash would get Palpitoad until Ash said that he liked it and it was even weird for Cilan to get Stunfisk, but they were the main focus points of the later part of the episodes. Garbodor is most likely just a Pokemon that will serve no importance except for being an obstacle for Gothita by the end of the episode.

4. There was a pattern with evolutions and captures of Ash, but that has seised and moves are learnt at random times, no patter there. So that's not a reason for a capture to happen here, especially not by Ash.

Tepig is really the battler in this series isn't he? We've seen him battle the hardest and the best. It might be the first one to evolve if this keeps happening.

Not really, sure Tepig is more pumped when he comes out and he battles a fair bit, but Oshawott comes out and wants to battle even when he's not chose and he does battle more and Oshawott has won more battles, but it might be even if Tepig wins here and I hope it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.