• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW071: Obstacle Breakthrough! Climb The Tower Of The Sky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Stephen is just a harmless character. He reminds me a bit of Morrisson from the Hoenn league for some reason.

Thanks for making exactly the case I was going to for why I find him boring and annoying !

thunderblade12

The new dub season is called Rival Destinies. Hopefully Stephan appearing is the start of an onslaught of appearances from recurring characters.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
The new dub season is called Rival Destinies. Hopefully Stephan appearing is the start of an onslaught of appearances from recurring characters.

What are the odds more of the rivals are participating in this festival/contest/competition?

I miss Cabernet/Langley/Koharu/Luke etc. Bel/Shooti not so much, they pop up every 10-14 episodes.

Hollow Marowak

Ground Trainer
Seems a good a time as any to evolve Swadloon. Im liking that the ending spoilers may happen pretty soon(Pignite in BW69, Unfezant in BW71, Leavanny in BW72, not at all confirmed, but seem possible, if not Pignite in BW69, then most likely shortly after Leavanny). This means that there's room for more party changes, like evolutiona for Oshawott and Boldore, and CAPTURES for Iris and Cilan. I hope Stephen showcases a new Pokemon here, maybe a bird along the lines of Mandibuzz or Braviary.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Some people like characters like that. Not every rival has to be a jerk or comic relief, but laid back instead.

Besides the fact that I'd strongly disagree with you on Morrison not being comic relief, he had almost no development to be a credible rival and ended up being the subject of one of the most painful League battles ever. Stephan doesn't have any development aside from his being a big eater and the name gag.

Too bad it won't be until Icirrus before we can even hope to see Georgia again, and Burgundy might not even come back. They were the only good rivals we've seen so far unless Luke comes back...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I miss Cabernet/Langley/Koharu/Luke etc. Bel/Shooti not so much, they pop up every 10-14 episodes.

I agree. At first I was excited about Iris/Cilan getting rivals after Misty/Brock went their entire runs without having any...but then they just disappeared.

I am sure Burungly will appear again though in an upcoming Cilan ep.

Its funny how BW tries to do something new but then takes a step back in other areas. It sometimes feels like this saga is just being made up as they go along.

thunderblade12

What are the odds more of the rivals are participating in this festival/contest/competition?

I keep forgetting about Koharu. She seemed too special to just be a CotD. A decent character design, revealed to have half of a full party already, and confirmed to be gathering badges.

Then again, I thought Allen and Sho would have been excellent additions to the DP cast... The former was revealed to have been gather badges too.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Some people like characters like that. Not every rival has to be a jerk or comic relief, but laid back instead.

Its also about time there were more heavy-set people in the anime.

Yes, but it doesn't make it interesting. At least give a little insight in his character. He's like Conway, without the creeping about: bland, but a decent competitor.

Besides the fact that I'd strongly disagree with you on Morrison not being comic relief, he had almost no development to be a credible rival and ended up being the subject of one of the most painful League battles ever. Stephan doesn't have any development aside from his being a big eater and the name gag.

Too bad it won't be until Icirrus before we can even hope to see Georgia again, and Burgundy might not even come back. They were the only good rivals we've seen so far unless Luke comes back...

I wouldn't even call that development.. Actually, I strongly disagree with that.

Seeing Georgia at Icirrus would make a ton of sense and would set up well as a test for Iris' showdown against Drayden.

I agree with you that Burgundy and Georgia were the only good rivals (along with Trip, and Bianca, at least the potential they have), but Luke doesn't fit that bill. He's basically a Todd/Snap, with some decent pokemon, which he uses to make movies. He makes movies, and only has pokemon so that he can keep on doing that, he fights sometimes because he needs actionshots, I doubt that's enough reason to travel and collect badges specifically.
- Zorua: The Actress in his movies
- Golett: His stagehand
- Leavanny: Costume assistant
- Larvesta: Sfx and costume assistant

I keep forgetting about Koharu. She seemed too special to just be a CotD. A decent character design, revealed to have half of a full party already, and confirmed to be gathering badges.

Then again, I thought Allen and Sho would have been excellent additions to the DP cast... The former was revealed to have been gather badges too.

I really agree with you. Koharu definitely seems a lot like how we portrayed Kenyan. A character that just seems too good of a CotD, so I think that she might show up later as well. She didn't have a full party yet, but 4 pokemon, all of which though were probably easy to beat considering Ash did beat Mandibuzz and Gothita already. Deerling and Darumaka aren't impressive.. If she appears in the league, it will probably be the audition match vs. Ash, with Snivy vs. Gothitelle (zomg forshadowed!) being the matchup, or Scraggy vs. Gothitelle..

Locormus

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
I wonder who Stephan will be using then? Hopefully not the Zebra as that thing looks Ugly in the Anime. Hopefully Sawk or even a Throh! Just hope its not something generic like a Darmanitan.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
A Zebstrika pushing/on a small boat/canoe? Lol, I hope it is Sawk or preferably, a new Pokemon of his.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
A Zebstrika pushing/on a small boat/canoe? Lol, I hope it is Sawk or preferably, a new Pokemon of his.

Actually maybe a Klang? And he can fix it to the back of his boat/barrel using it as a propeller?

Locormus

Actually maybe a Klang? And he can fix it to the back of his boat/barrel using it as a propeller?

Now that would be hilarious, but I think he would be going for Sawk in this instance.. Still sad that the writers are shunning other options yet again..

Zariful

someone give me some hot cheese and a toothpick

There goes my hopes of swadloony evolving :(
f u writers

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Pikachu.. Pikachu? Talk about insanely boring..

Guess Swadloon is just going to evolve randomly in some episode then.. yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.