• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW071: Obstacle Breakthrough! Climb The Tower Of The Sky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Something tells me Ash, Iris, and Cilan (maybe Stephen) are all gonna make it to the top at the same time and ring the bell...just seems obvious right now

or ash and stephen reach the top at the same time leading to a battle with each other

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Some people have forgotten that "_____ sucks" and certain reactions to such statements qualify as character bashing, it seems ó.ò

dman_dustin

Yes, and where does the majority of this "entertainment value" come from? That's right; from the Pokémon involved in the episode. Seeing partnerships we're exposed to all the time again when a better option could have been taken is not entertaining.

I agree fully.

A lot of people were getting sick of the whole "Say my name, right!" running joke that was happening during the Don Battle tournament.

And then there's the whole using the same DAMN Pokemon over and over and over.

The only beneficial thing that could arise from this episode, is perhaps potentially Stephan's new Pokemon.

However one Pokemon from one rival can not possibly make an episode, because people will be like "Why does Ash have boring Pokemon, while Stephan has an entertaining, funny Pokemon?" So you can't win there.

Honestly though we should know better than to think the writers are creative enough to actually make a decent decision on these type of episode.

For one thing Pikachu is always out, for convenience sake the writers can't be assed to think of other options, so Ash is usually always going to choose Pikachu, because where else would it be. Same with Iris and Axew, though in some instances because of how "inexperienced" Axew is, it wouldn't be smart to rely on said Pokemon until it was capable of itself.

The only excuse for Cilan to use Pansage is because it's small and full bodied. Crustle would likely cause the boat to sink, and Stunfisk, well it's not going to win any triathlons any time soon.

I'm not going to say the episode is going to be bad, since some people seem to enjoy episodes where only these Pokemon are focused.

Speaking from personal experience however, having watched the episodes similar to this one, I can safely say unless the writers throw a curve ball I'm not going to like this one.

I have never been entertained with the following episodes so why the hell would this be any different. The only exception was the first subway episode, but I highly doubt the situations would be comparable.

Episodes I did not like (Using Bulbapedia's numbering):

BW037
BW045
BW052
BW054

And these episodes had the bare minimum Pokemon. Now there is one possible reason why I might like this episode, and that's because Stephan is in it, and that might be enough of an excuse for why the writers chose to be boring with their Pokemon choices.

Rival and focal episodes of certain characters seem to somehow bypass the "boring" factor the episodes would normally have if it was some CoTD.

So while Stephan might make the episode entertaining with his Pokemon, take out Stephan and his interactions, and most likely this episode would be boring as hell.

However we really shouldn't judge yet, as impossible as it might seem at this moment in time, Ash might use one of his other Pokemon, same with Iris and Cilan.

But if they don't, well then the episode isn't looking good from my perspective.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Judging for the summary seems like Ash does get the badge in the previous episode...

Anyway, this episode looks like the standard episode to introduce something game-related. Not putting much hope in this one but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. If it won't be impressive, it may be, at least, enjoyable.

thunderblade12

Seriously though, the new dub season is called Rival Destinies. The end of Sinnoh League Victors featured the Sinnoh League and the Galactic Battles arc ended with the Team Galactic finale. Hopefully we get a 30 episode gap between here and the next gym with tons of appearances from Trip, Burgundy, and Georgia. And maybe Koharu, Luke, and a few Elite 4 members. Oh and Team Plasma. Stephan appearing again gives me hope.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Seriously though, the new dub season is called Rival Destinies. The end of Sinnoh League Victors featured the Sinnoh League and the Galactic Battles arc ended with the Team Galactic finale. Hopefully we get a 30 episode gap between here and the next gym with tons of appearances from Trip, Burgundy, and Georgia. And maybe Koharu, Luke, and a few Elite 4 members. Oh and Team Plasma. Stephan appearing again gives me hope.

I agree. That's why I hope this episode starts a small arc of episodes where Stephan joins the group.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Oh awesome Kenyan is back and we might get yet another pokemon/mons from him.

I hope they can use more then one partner in those competitions with one in each competition obviously.

If had to choose, I would say Krokorok due to being the most recent capture, Swadloon for evolution or Tranquill if it loses in the gym.

I can see Pikachu being the obvious choice or one of the other starters.

I hope Kenyan reveals he is collecting badges.

Lol called it, I knew it would be Pikachu and now it kinda makes some sense since Iris and Dent are using their signature pokemon also.

I would have prefered that this would be kinda like those schools episodes in DP with a chain of competitions with a diferent pokemon in each.

Seeing Herdier helping the girl really made me think Oshawott or Palpitoad would be better there.

Still I guess Pikachu always being out of the ball and Iris and Dent taking part, makes t impossible for Pikachu not to be used.

I think we have to accept the decision that not only Satoshi but Pikachu is also the main character of the show so things like this will always tend to go to Pikachu.

Not happy about it obviously, specially since he has done stuff latelly, in the spiders episode and in the Krokorok.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
-____-, well I wasn't exactly excited about this episode and now I really don't care.....

Also people actually wonder why Dento so good at most stuff?? It's because in situation like these, his pokemon actually do something unlike Pikachu and Kibago. Pansage is swimming causing him to be in the league lol.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
You know I like Pikachu and all, but it's getting really boring when he's the only one Ash ever relies on and stuff...he's his signature I get it, but why not change it up a bit once and a while. I'll probably watch the episode...but I'm not gonna be too excited about it

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Hey Stephan's back, cool.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
At least Oshawott has an interesting personality and has an interesting battle style

Just because the Pokemon don't all have "in your face" personalities, it doesn't mean said personalities are non-existant..

There has been a point in each of Palpitoad's battles where he either laughes or smiled after being attacked, as if to say "come on, seriously what was that?!.." and personally I find that pretty awesome. I would much rather see that every few episodes than "Look at me popping out of my Pokeball to battle something I know I can't beat!".

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
You know I like Pikachu and all, but it's getting really boring when he's the only one Ash ever relies on and stuff...he's his signature I get it, but why not change it up a bit once and a while. I'll probably watch the episode...but I'm not gonna be too excited about it

I would be against him changing things up; I can just imagine the arguments that would arise if he suddenly relied on Scraggy or Palpitoad. Let's face it - Pikachu is and will always be his go-to Pokemon, so it makes a lot of sense for Ash to use him here. I bet the writers didn't even bother to think this through; they just chose Pikachu automatically because he's is so popular and is therefore always on their minds.

Hey Stephan's back, cool.

Someone needs to explain to me why this is a good thing.

Just because the Pokemon don't all have "in your face" personalities, it doesn't mean said personalities are non-existant..

We'll have to agree to disagree.~

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Palpitoad sucks.

Proof?

What the hell Pokemon do you think he was going to use if everyone else was going to use their signature Pokemon? You do know that Pikachu isn't going away right? Pikachu was used a lot in DP and the others. So I wish such hatred wouldn't be only directed at Pikachu. Just ignore it.

Well we didn't know that the others would use their signature Pokemon before we found out that Ash might be using his.

It was so obvious that Pikachu was going to be Ash's partner; if you didn't see it coming, then you have too much faith in the trolls writers. But believe it or not, I'm not upset about this. I actually want to see more of Pikachu and I'm more interested in this episode as a result of this development.

I didn't detect any lies in his post, sis.~

The writers have thrown some curve balls before, sure Pikachu was likely, but so were the other Pokemon(If Pikachu is his partnered Pokemon).

But I detected an incorrect judgment though.

No Oshawott sucks!

What a lie.

Palpitoad is the very definition of a BOSS Powerhouse. lol

Haters gon' hate.

He's not that strong.

At least Oshawott has an interesting personality and has an interesting battle style

How is Oshawott's battling style oh so magnificent and more interesting compared to Palpitoad's?

Lol called it, I knew it would be Pikachu and now it kinda makes some sense since Iris and Dent are using their signature pokemon also.

I would have prefered that this would be kinda like those schools episodes in DP with a chain of competitions with a diferent pokemon in each.

Seeing Herdier helping the girl really made me think Oshawott or Palpitoad would be better there.

Still I guess Pikachu always being out of the ball and Iris and Dent taking part, makes t impossible for Pikachu not to be used.

I think we have to accept the decision that not only Satoshi but Pikachu is also the main character of the show so things like this will always tend to go to Pikachu.

Not happy about it obviously, specially since he has done stuff latelly, in the spiders episode and in the Krokorok.

Again, Pikachu might not be his partnered Pokemon.

Very likely? Yes. But, still, let's just wait and see.

-____-, well I wasn't exactly excited about this episode and now I really don't care.....

Also people actually wonder why Dento so good at most stuff?? It's because in situation like these, his pokemon actually do something unlike Pikachu and Kibago. Pansage is swimming causing him to be in the league lol.

How many other situations like this have happened in Best Wishes?

And Pikachu has taken initiative before. Maybe Pikachu did some paddling before and is sort of tired.

And league? Huh?

There has been a point in each of Palpitoad's battles where he either laughes or smiled after being attacked, as if to say "come on, seriously what was that?!.." and personally I find that pretty awesome. I would much rather see that every few episodes than "Look at me popping out of my Pokeball to battle something I know I can't beat!".

But, I don't think Palpitoad has ever done that and out of all the times that Oshawott has come out of his Pokeball, he has won most of those matches. So he can beat them, and so what if he is cocky, that's his personality. Take it or leave it.

Someone needs to explain to me why this is a good thing.

Stephan=Rival, people like rivals appearing so that they aren't forgotten and so that Ash can possibly face them in a battle and also because the rival might get some development.

That's why people here, especially me, like that he is appearing here. Sure, it doesn't look like a battle will take place, but he'll still be competing against Ash.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
How many other situations like this have happened in Best Wishes?

I mean that Dento's always coming up with strategies and usually always takes charge in these kinds of situations.

And Pikachu has taken initiative before. Maybe Pikachu did some paddling before and is sort of tired.

Ya but the point is he isn't in this situation.

And league? Huh?

Damn it I meant lead -___-

Status
Not open for further replies.