• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW071: Obstacle Breakthrough! Climb The Tower Of The Sky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazed Apple

Dondake~!!
I hope Pikachu is just there like he always is and another pokemon is his partner. I think they might be using other pokemon for different obstacles but that's pretty unlikely.

Wow!! Cilan's a Canoeing Connoisseur?? Who would've guessed. Stephan better be doing something interesting or showcasing a new pokemon of his or I'll be highly disappointed in this episode. I wouldn't mind another Kick-*** Naruto episode instead of this

Venomfang

Perky Goth
I really hope that Verminchu is just hanging out on Ash's shoulder like he always does and another pokemon (besides the starters) does the challange with Ash. Besides, does Ash really need to Bond anymore with Pikachu?

I really hope that Verminchu is just hanging out on Ash's shoulder like he always does and another pokemon (besides the starters) does the challange with Ash. Besides, does Ash really need to Bond anymore with Pikachu?

yes. the bonds we have with others constantly grow and change. the same.could be said for ash and pikachu. but that said I really want another pokemon as ashs partner here. preferably tranquill, swadloon or emperor palpitoad

dman_dustin

Besides, does Ash really need to Bond anymore with Pikachu?

No, Ash has a lifetime to bond with Pikachu. It's very unlikely that Ash will bond as well with any of his other Pokemon, especially since he dumps them at the Professor's lab when he moves onto the next generation.

But of course that's not going to stop the writers from shoving Pikachu down our throats as if it doesn't already get enough.

Haunter ゴースト

But of course that's not going to stop the writers from shoving Pikachu down our throats as if it doesn't already get enough.

Ugh, listen.

Yes each new saga of Pokemon promotes the newer generation of Pokemon, but that doesn't drop down Pikachu's status of being the main Pokemon of the show and the mascot of the franchise.

Therefore he will always (and this is a good thing imo) get as much screentime as the other Pokemon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I'm surprised to see that Pikachu is getting so much hate. Why do people act like he plays a large role in every episode, when most of the time he doesn't really do anything at all? First people complain about Oshawott, the next day they complain about Pikachu. Can't the two most popular Pokemon in the world get a little love every now and then?

dman_dustin

Ugh, listen.

Yes each new saga of Pokemon promotes the newer generation of Pokemon, but that doesn't drop down Pikachu's status of being the main Pokemon of the show and the mascot of the franchise.

Therefore he will always (and this is a good thing imo) get as much screentime as the other Pokemon.

Isn't it already enough that he's in every episode, and more than occasionally gets used for some fairly important event.

I honestly DO NOT CARE if it is the mascot. It will always be on the show, it will always be shoved down our throats.

I'm surprised to see that Pikachu is getting so much hate. Why do people act like he plays a large role in every episode, when most of the time he doesn't really do anything at all? First people complain about Oshawott, the next day they complain about Pikachu. Can't the two most popular Pokemon in the world get a little love every now and then?

You know I really wonder if anyone who agrees with Kira as well as Haunter227 if they have any right to complain about any of Ash's other Pokemon?

Oh no Swadloon sucks, it has no personality, same with every other Pokemon that I believe has no personality. Ash should just release it.

And yet as much as they don't give a crap about the other Pokemon, they fail to realize that Pokemon like Pikachu as well as Oshawott are making these Pokemon suffer.

How can you dislike a Pokemon because it barely shows up, hardly shows a personality when the more popular Pokemon are screwing them over and yet you're okay with it, because those Pokemon are super popular.

Honestly it sounds unfair and narrow minded to me. You're fine with Pikachu and Oshawott, and yet you think you have the right, to chastise his other Pokemon because you believe they're not worth your time and yet the reason they aren't worth your time, is because the super popular Pokemon are more important.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I understand the reason for the Pikachu dislike but Axew and Pansage shouldn't be attacked here. Axew is out a lot but it's never doing anything. As far as Pansage goes, he is not the only one of Cilan's Pokemon that gets attention.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
You know I really wonder if anyone who agrees with Kira as well as Haunter227 if they have any right to complain about any of Ash's other Pokemon?

Oh no Swadloon sucks, it has no personality, same with every other Pokemon that I believe has no personality. Ash should just release it.

And yet as much as they don't give a crap about the other Pokemon, they fail to realize that Pokemon like Pikachu as well as Oshawott are making these Pokemon suffer.

How can you dislike a Pokemon because it barely shows up, hardly shows a personality when the more popular Pokemon are screwing them over and yet you're okay with it, because those Pokemon are super popular.

Honestly it sounds unfair and narrow minded to me. You're fine with Pikachu and Oshawott, and yet you think you have the right, to chastise his other Pokemon because you believe they're not worth your time and yet the reason they aren't worth your time, is because the super popular Pokemon are more important.

I didn't know you felt so strongly about this. And you seem to be under the impression that I don't care about the other Pokemon, which isn't true. All I'm saying is that Pikachu hasn't gotten as much attention in this region as some people believe, and that one episode devoted to Ash and Pikachu working together isn't going to kill anyone. I don't understand why some people take the issue of screentime - or lack thereof - so seriously.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I didn't know you felt so strongly about this. And you seem to be under the impression that I don't care about the other Pokemon, which isn't true. All I'm saying is that Pikachu hasn't gotten as much attention in this region as some people believe, and that one episode devoted to Ash and Pikachu working together isn't going to kill anyone. I don't understand why some people take the issue of screentime - or lack thereof - so seriously.
I though Pikachu's appearance in Elesa's gym battle was the definition of attention, not to mention it got the win again Burgh's Leavanny and was the only Pokemon to have a, wild Pokemon at the time, rival...and it always get's used in the movies...and filler episodes... I don't know, Pikachu always seems to get attention in my eyes

Zariful

Pikachu has been Ash's best friend for 15 years and will be for another 15 years
end of story
Get Over It and enjoy the anime we all know and love
I can't stop u from being upset but complaining won't help us(i complained once but still)

Janovy

Banned
Pikachu had 4 whole regions of bonding, working and teaming up with Ash. -.-

Why not let someone else get some screentime?

Cilan - I'm glad he is using Pansage. Pansage would be the best choice, IMO, for a race type thing.
Iris - Emolga would have been nice, but Axew does need to do something every now and then!
Ash - Pikachu needs bonding, too. But, I would like to see Tranquil/Unfezant here.
Stephan - Don't care much for him, but Sawk would be cool here. A new Pokemon would be good too.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature

Ya see it's all about the parallels. ;)

Dento- uses siggie
Iris- uses siggie
And Ash therefore--

Uses his siggie.

Dunno about Keniyan though...he's the odd man out because he's not "part" of the main cast.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Cilan - I'm glad he is using Pansage. Pansage would be the best choice, IMO, for a race type thing.
Iris - Emolga would have been nice, but Axew does need to do something every now and then!
Ash - Pikachu needs bonding, too. But, I would like to see Tranquil/Unfezant here.
Stephan - Don't care much for him, but Sawk would be cool here. A new Pokemon would be good too.

I wonder if this is just a small part of the tournament, and for each part ash uses a different pokemon. that way they could all use different pokemon

Haunter ゴースト

Isn't it already enough that he's in every episode, and more than occasionally gets used for some fairly important event.

Yes he appears in every episode because he stays out his Pokeball, but realisticly in BW not counting the very minor battles he's had, the only important events he has starred in was against Burgh, Iris and Elesa.

Not much in comparison to the 70+ episodes there are.

I honestly DO NOT CARE if it is the mascot. It will always be on the show, it will always be shoved down our throats.

Ok, glad we cleared that up.

I though Pikachu's appearance in Elesa's gym battle was the definition of attention, not to mention it got the win again Burgh's Leavanny and was the only Pokemon to have a, wild Pokemon at the time, rival...

That one episode is attention seeking?

Against Burgh Swadloon was the star of the battle, Pikachu just happened to finish it off, if Oshawott/Tepig had defeated Leavanny people would have said the exact same thing.

and it always get's used in the movies...and filler episodes... I don't know, Pikachu always seems to get attention in my eyes

Read my first post to Dman_Dustin earlier today.

Pikachu has been Ash's best friend for 15 years and will be for another 15 years
end of story
Get Over It and enjoy the anime we all know and love

Very well said, you sir are a legend.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Personally, I don't mind with Pikachu being chosen as Ash's partner.

I'd find odd if he didn't do it. After all, they have been together since day one and as shown in the past, Pikachu is the friend Ash trusts the most.

Also, being positive, Pikachu being chosen doesn't mean we'll not get to see Ash's other pokemon. They may appear at some point even if it's a cameo or a random appearence like those Oshawott does.

I wonder if this is just a small part of the tournament, and for each part ash uses a different pokemon. that way they could all use different pokemon

That's what I want to. For every part, they get to use a different partner. If that were to happen, it would make this episode 100 times better for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.