• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW071: Obstacle Breakthrough! Climb The Tower Of The Sky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Wait, maybe Pikachu is there, but isn't the partner. Pikachu is almost always on, or near Ash. A Pokemon could be at the back/or pushing it like that Herdier.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Pikachu?

Totally called it.

Aegon

Great. This episode is shaping up to be extremely boring now. I think we've seen enough of Ash and Pikachu, Iris and Axew, and Cilan and Pansage. Those pairs have had enough interactions and appearances in this saga. It'd be far more interesting to see some underused Pokémon take the spotlight with their trainers.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Wow, simply judging an episode based on the Pokémon the group are partnered with. I can't believe people are instantly jumping on it from just that. For all we know this may turn out to be an entertaining/good episode, the Pokémon being used doesn't effect the overall quality of an episode, it's how the plot goes and how much entertainment value it has.

Aegon

Wow, simply judging an episode based on the Pokémon the group are partnered with. I can't believe people are instantly jumping on it from just that. For all we know this may turn out to be an entertaining/good episode, the Pokémon being used doesn't effect the overall quality of an episode, it's how the plot goes and how much entertainment value it has.
Yes, and where does the majority of this "entertainment value" come from? That's right; from the Pokémon involved in the episode. Seeing partnerships we're exposed to all the time again when a better option could have been taken is not entertaining.

RickHoenn

Banned

Great point but as usual some people jump the gun before watching the episode. I mean calling the ep. a borefest without even knowing how it will develop or any pics...

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I think this episode seems funny and light-hearted. I gather that you guys want to see a Pokemon Ash normally doesn't use, or for there to be an evolution...but if the Pokemon will have a standard role in the episode...why rush it?

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Yes, and where does the majority of this "entertainment value" come from? That's right; from the Pokémon involved in the episode. Seeing partnerships we're exposed to all the time again when a better option could have been taken is not entertaining.
That's not the only aspect potential entertainment can stem from, though. There are still human-human interactions (which the Club Battle arc, for instance, handled wonderfully imo) and possibly funny/challenging situations arising from the tasks themselves and how the characters will react to them.

I'm sorry, but I'll have to agree with Raptor_Crow on this one. I understand that those who primarily focus on the featured Pokémon (more precisely, the species) might be a little upset at this point already. Heck, even I would've preferred a Stunfisk/Emolga/*insert anything but Pikachu* combo by miles. But the way some people shut down completely while we're still in our summary-has-just-been-released phase is kinda ridiculous.

I would love to see them expand on Stephan's character a little more, even if it's only that his reactions to the mispronunciations of his name begin to vary a little, or that he gets a new Pokémon whose interactions with its Trainer are shown more in detail.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Wait a minute. This episode all of a sudden makes sense to me.

They must go through different obstacles to reach/climb the Tower of the Sky. Whoever dings the bell first wins? (and makes a wish?) =o I love episodes like these. xDD Kind of reminds me of that race game in the Summer School arc or that race game in OS with Ponyta...

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I should have seen it coming...I really should of. If the writers don't have to...they won't make Ash use anyone but Pikachu

Wow, Cilan must either really want to ring that bell...or he now has a fetish for rowing too ^_^

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
What the hell Pokemon do you think he was going to use if everyone else was going to use their signature Pokemon? You do know that Pikachu isn't going away right? Pikachu was used a lot in DP and the others. So I wish such hatred wouldn't be only directed at Pikachu. Just ignore it.

AwesomeMudkip14

Wait a minute. This episode all of a sudden makes sense to me.

They must go through different obstacles to reach/climb the Tower of the Sky. Whoever dings the bell first wins? (and makes a wish?) =o I love episodes like these. xDD Kind of reminds me of that race game in the Summer School arc or that race game in OS with Ponyta...

If it is that then praying to god that its axew who's wish is to evolve.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It was so obvious that Pikachu was going to be Ash's partner; if you didn't see it coming, then you have too much faith in the trolls writers. But believe it or not, I'm not upset about this. I actually want to see more of Pikachu and I'm more interested in this episode as a result of this development.

You take that back.

I didn't detect any lies in his post, sis.~

Status
Not open for further replies.