• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[BW2 LC] A Newbie's First LC Team

Skarm™

Light It Up
A Newbie's First LC Team

198f.gif
200.gif
619.gif
156.gif
459.gif
063.gif
320.gif

Hey Serebii, it's Skarm, back again with my first Little Cup RMT. I've had great success with this RMT, currently at 1904 on the LC ladder. I think I just had pure luck with this team, and I used the 3 most popular Pokemon in the LC tier, Murkrow, Misdreavus, and Mienfoo. I also incorporated Hail, and Snover is also one of the greatest revenge killers I have seen in LC, without a Scarf. Anyways, on to the teambuilding process:

198f.gif
200.gif
619.gif

First we start with our 3 overused mons in LC. They make an excellent core that can KO so many threats.

198f.gif
200.gif
619.gif
459.gif
063.gif

Next we have a little weather core I made up in the form of Snover and Magic Guard Abra, which can check a variety of mons.

198f.gif
200.gif
619.gif
459.gif
063.gif
320.gif

Wailmer was added because it was an excellent tank and to hold the team together, like glue.

Now, to look at the team a bit closer.

459.gif

Snover (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Snow Warning
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 HP / 104 Atk / 36 Def / 184 SAtk / 148 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Leech Seed

Here we have the star of the team, Snover. This mixed set can really rip teams apart. It packs Blizzard spam, priority, and reliable recovery in the form of Leech Seed AND Giga Drain. I have never NOT gotten a kill with Snover, and that's because he's just that good. He might not be the biggest in LC, but if you use him correctly, he seems like he should be the KING of LC. The EVs are made so he can get lots of power in all his attacks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

198f.gif

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 196 HP / 180 Def / 100 SDef / 32 Spd
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Brave Bird
- Confuse Ray
- Roost

Credits to Electrolyte for this set, Parafusion Murkrow is a great and dominant force in LC. With confusion and paralysis, people with be trolled every day by Murkrow. Roost is to heal up, and Brave Bird is for just ruining Pokemon like Mienfoo. Prankster just adds to this, allowing for a priority Parafusion. The defensive EVs just help in letting it tank hits. Let me just say that there is a reason Murkrow is so used in LC.

200.gif

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 Spd / 80 SDef / 120 Def / 68 HP
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Pain Split

Misdreavus with Eviolite is such a tank for both physical and special hits, and Will-O-Wisp ruins physical mons. Shadow Ball and HP [Psychic] have great coverage and can cover a lot of commonly used mons in LC. Pain Split is not reliable recovery, but it's okay as long as the opponent has a good amount of health. Levitate helps in taking hits from something like Drilbur, and Timid nature lets it outspeed more Pokemon for getting a KO.

619.gif

Mienfoo @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Fake Out

Mienfoo isn't a dominant force in LC for no reason. I usually come in on a mon, fire off a Fake Out, and then either KO them or U-turn away to a better check. If the opponent is faster (Abra specifically), I'll switch to Murkrow or Wailmer, because it's awesome, let me tell you. Stone Edge is for coverage against flying and fire types, and Hi Jump Kick is for awesome damage. U-turn is instant 33% recovery because of Regenerator, and that ability has saved me from losing multiple times.

320.gif

Wailmer @ Eviolite
Trait: Water Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 96 SDef / 64 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Scald
- Roar
- Sleep Talk

Wailmer is an excellent tank that I decided to use. It's ability to tank SO many hits with an out-of-this-world HP stat (in LC) and eviolite amazes me. Rest is instant recovery, and Sleep Talk lets me use moves. The only thing I have to fear is Chinhou, because of Water Absorb. I've crippled many physical attackers with Scald, and roar lets me scout and move threats out of the away. Against the Pokemon Wailmer is used on, it's surprisingly fast, and that's very handy. Without Wailmer, this team would not be where it is right now.

063.gif

Abra @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Abra is a great sweeper in LC, with flawless coverage. Protect has well, protected, me from many Fake Outs. Psychic lets me hit Mienfoo after the Fake Out is protected from. HP [Fighting] hits rock types such as Tirtouga, and Shadow Ball hits Misdreavus, other Abra, Ghastly and stuff. Magic Guard protects me from entry hazards, poison, burn, and so many other things. Focus Sash gives it extra time to sweep, and that's pretty much it for Abra.

Anyways, that's my team. Again, I've peaked at 1904 (and still counting) and had great success with my first LC team. I'd appreciate a rate and maybe a Luvdisc for a guy that finally got his first time on the ladder in his life, and I take criticism well. Thanks for viewing my rather short RMT, and I look forward to seeing your rates!

198f.gif
200.gif
619.gif
459.gif
063.gif
320.gif

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
I don't have much to say since this team is pretty standard synergy-wise.

Since you're running a defensive Misdreavus, I think you should go for the standard Scarfkrow set so you can keep more offensive pressure, have something to kill opposing scarfers, and handle Magnemite better (Heat Wave), since, although you have Mienfoo and Abra, is Abra's sash is gone so is he, and Magnemite can KO Mienfoo from around 75% iirc.

Another suggestion is going with Bulky Attacker Chinchou over Wailmer. Chinchou gives you a solid answer to Magnemite, keeps offensive pressure, and it can make status less annoying. It also has fantastic synergy with Misdreavus. You also get more coverage with him, and he can still tank hits.

Here's the sets:

Murkrow (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 240 Atk / 80 SAtk / 188 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

~Note: Change IV's to 31/31/30/30/31/31 for HP Grass without reducing the Attack stat.
Chinchou (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SAtk / 224 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heal Bell

Skarm™

Light It Up
ParafusionKrow keeps the defensive presence of my team, and without it there'd by no way to deal with certain physical threats and scarfers like Rattata, but I'll give it a whirl. CHinchou seems cool, I'll check it out!

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
ParafusionKrow keeps the defensive presence of my team, and without it there'd by no way to deal with certain physical threats and scarfers like Rattata, but I'll give it a whirl. CHinchou seems cool, I'll check it out!

Rattata and Zigzagoon shouldn't be that hard to take down with Missy and Sash Abra. And you should try HP Fighting on Missy since Shadow Ball hit fighting types hard enough.

Skarm™

Light It Up
Rattata and Zigzagoon shouldn't be that hard to take down with Missy and Sash Abra. And you should try HP Fighting on Missy since Shadow Ball hit fighting types hard enough.

Alright, will do!

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Hehe, this is almost my LC team... I use Smoochum over Wailmer for Scarfed Blizzards, but that's about the only difference. Mine only peaked at 1862, and I haven't used it in a while. I notice you don't have a Scarfer of your own, and every common one shoots for 21 Spe to outrun the entire unboosted tier but there isn't one that can run through this entire team I can think of. You MIGHT want a Scarfer, but I don't see it being a huge problem. Great team Skam!

I also love that weather core by the way, it's a huge part of what made my team work. The other part was basically Smoochum Blizzard spam.

Skarm™

Light It Up
Hehe, this is almost my LC team... I use Smoochum over Wailmer for Scarfed Blizzards, but that's about the only difference. Mine only peaked at 1862, and I haven't used it in a while. I notice you don't have a Scarfer of your own, and every common one shoots for 21 Spe to outrun the entire unboosted tier but there isn't one that can run through this entire team I can think of. You MIGHT want a Scarfer, but I don't see it being a huge problem. Great team Skam!

I also love that weather core by the way, it's a huge part of what made my team work. The other part was basically Smoochum Blizzard spam.
You know what they say, great minds think alike! And scarfers like Rattata and Zigzagoon are all checked by Misdreavus since it's a ghost type and WoW. Abra generally outspeeds some scarfers so yeah it's not much of a problem. ScarfKrow like Sparkbeat said would be nice but I'd lose the ability to troll my way through opponents with little fear

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Did some laddering with this team with some minor changes. Atm I'm at 1906 (#56) on PS under the alt Harvest of Dreams. Changes were Scarf Snover over the current set since I simply can't deal with Snovers low speed without a scarf, getting outsped by Drilbur when you come in after sacking. Sure Ice Shard can ko, but it doesn't OHKO (or maybe not even 2HKO) Evo Drilbur, so I greatly enjoy the extra speed. Next I changed Parafusion Krow to ScarfKrow since its offensive pressure it unmatched in LC, and ParaFusion Krow is 1: Too gimmicky for me. 2: You don't have a set up sweeper to capitalize on the set. I changed Stone Edge on Mienfoo to Payback so I can hit Misdreavus on the switch or after a Shadow Ball for either a KO if she switched in or to put a dent in her, which is quite nice thanks to the fact she has very unreliable recovery. ANd last but not least, I changed Wailmer to Chinchou to give you an Electric type move, which is extremely nice to have since otherwise Starmie and Vullaby will be even more annoying to take down, and a strong Water move that hits Magnemite hard. I used the same set Chinchou that I posted above, and it works wonderfully. Heal Bell is especially nice since now you can allow Mienfoo to take a burn, or someone to take a Toxic if need, and heal it off later (You won't want to switch in Abra and risk them not using a status move). Volt Switch also provides momentum which is extremely useful in this fast pace metagame. Chinchou is also able to take on the powerful fire types of the tier like Larvesta and Ponyta just like Wailmer did for you. That's all for now. I'll be laddering some more tomorrow to see if I can get higher.

Skarm™

Light It Up
Did some laddering with this team with some minor changes. Atm I'm at 1906 (#56) on PS under the alt Harvest of Dreams. Changes were Scarf Snover over the current set since I simply can't deal with Snovers low speed without a scarf, getting outsped by Drilbur when you come in after sacking. Sure Ice Shard can ko, but it doesn't OHKO (or maybe not even 2HKO) Evo Drilbur, so I greatly enjoy the extra speed. Next I changed Parafusion Krow to ScarfKrow since its offensive pressure it unmatched in LC, and ParaFusion Krow is 1: Too gimmicky for me. 2: You don't have a set up sweeper to capitalize on the set. I changed Stone Edge on Mienfoo to Payback so I can hit Misdreavus on the switch or after a Shadow Ball for either a KO if she switched in or to put a dent in her, which is quite nice thanks to the fact she has very unreliable recovery. ANd last but not least, I changed Wailmer to Chinchou to give you an Electric type move, which is extremely nice to have since otherwise Starmie and Vullaby will be even more annoying to take down, and a strong Water move that hits Magnemite hard. I used the same set Chinchou that I posted above, and it works wonderfully. Heal Bell is especially nice since now you can allow Mienfoo to take a burn, or someone to take a Toxic if need, and heal it off later (You won't want to switch in Abra and risk them not using a status move). Volt Switch also provides momentum which is extremely useful in this fast pace metagame. Chinchou is also able to take on the powerful fire types of the tier like Larvesta and Ponyta just like Wailmer did for you. That's all for now. I'll be laddering some more tomorrow to see if I can get higher.
Sounds cool. I might change Snover to Scarf Snover, but I do know that I'm 100% sure that I'm keeping Parafusion Krow. Gimmicks are good sometimes =] And thanks for laddering it for me!