• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[BW2]Magical Rain

rckstr

MAGICAL RAIN

thundurus_attacks_x__by_despoo-d521b72.png

(Credit to Despoo from Deviantart)

So with Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 having just released in Japan a few days ago, I decided to make myself a Rain team with all the new toys available for them, we don't even know how many of these toys will stay with us after the first round of banning so I wanted to take advantage and abuse them as much as I could.This team has been doing pretty well for me using the offensive core of Keldeo, Thundurus-T and Haxorus which can all be game changers on their day.I use Ferrothorn simply to take hits, set up hazards and slow stuff down which is nice for every team.Scizor is a scout and is needed early and mid game and if needed can sweep late game.This team has been fun to use but I see lots of problems such as the lack of a spinner and other rain teams seem to be annoying I hope you can help me out with those.
186f.gif
647.gif
642-therian.gif
612.gif
212.gif
598.gif

TEAM BUILDING

186f.gif

It's a rain team so I started off with Politoed, I decided to go for the 3 Attacks Bulky set.

186f.gif
647.gif

Keldeo was added to abuse rain.

186f.gif
647.gif
642-therian.gif

I added Thundurus because it paired well with Keldeo and kept the offensive theme up.

186f.gif
647.gif
642-therian.gif
612.gif

Haxorus was added to complete the offensive core as it s a very deadly sweeper in the rain with its new move Aqua Tail.

186f.gif
647.gif
642-therian.gif
612.gif
212.gif

Scizor was added to help form a Volt Turn core with Thundurus and keep momentum, the added bonus of cutting fire type damage by 50% is a nice bonus.

186f.gif
647.gif
642-therian.gif
612.gif
212.gif
598.gif

Ferrothorn was added to give the team hazards, thunder wave support and tank hits.

POKEMON INFORMATION

make-it-rain-politoed.png

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SAtk / 24 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

This set is pretty standard, Harsha suggested it ti me when he was tutoring me in round 62 of battling 101 for a different rain team and since them I have not looked back and have been using it on all my rain teams.Hydro Pump is the main move I use cause of its STAB+Rain Boost on a 120 power attack is deadly but the accuracy annoys me every alternate game.Ice Beam and Focus blast are for added coverage to Hit Pokemon like Tyranitar, Ferrothorn and dragons.The EVS are for good bulk but not cutting down on my special attacking power and leftovers help for recovery.

keldeo_by_bestary-d420aym.png

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Keldeo is a pretty good set up Pokemon in the new metagame if you can get rid of Tornadus and Thundurus-T, those are the main checks flying around but scarf Pokemon with supper effective moves or +1 Dragons can annoy Keldeo so I usually dont bring Keldeo out until its completely safe for me.Calm Mind is staple of the set to set up , Hydro Pump(assuming it hits) dents pretty much everything in Rain, Secret Sword is used as great secondary STAB and hits stuff like Ferrothorn and Tyranitar, Hidden Power ghost is just so that I dont get walled by Jellicent and also helps me kill Latias, Latios and Starmie that are big threats to Keldeo.Life Orb and EVS are standard for an offensive sweeper, have been thinking of using Lum Berry to make set up more easy.Credit goes to Makaveli for this set.

642_thundurus_sacred_beast_forme_a_by_aschefield101-d4zyumm.png

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus-T in the rain has got to be the best Choice Scarf user in the game in my opinion, its STAB Thunder alone helps to run through teams late game assuming opponents Thundurus T and Ground types are dead which is not hard with Hidden Power Ice and water attacks in my team.Thunder is to fry stuff, Volt Switch maintains momentum and scouts.Superpower gets a clean OHKO on Tyranitar and 2hkos incoming Blissey and finally Hidden Power Ice is for dragons, ground typs and mainly other birds.0 HP evs let me switch into Stealth Rock 5 times which is nice.

pokemon__shiny_haxorus_by_kidel-d317jus.png

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Rain Haxorus has proven to be one of my favorite set up sweepers in the current metagame because its very easy to set up on stuff like Ferrothorn, Blisseys, Chanseys and Lum Berry make sit even more easy.Its simple after the Dragon Dance, Outrage dents or KOs everything, Earthquake gives me added coverage while Aqua Tail is to nab clean OHKOs on Scizor and Gliscor under the rain.This guy has been the MVP in most of my games and if theres one Pokemon I dont plan to replace its Haxorus.

scizorsmog.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Do I really need to go through this.. OK click here for the description http://oi47.*******.com/54d4pd.jpg . Other than that it scouts with U-Turn, Traps with Pursuit, Kills with Super Power.Your typical Scizor.

scaled.php

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Meet Ferrothorn.Oh wait I think you already have because pretty much every rain team in the new metagame has one to set up hazards and for a good reason this thing has some very good defenses to take advantage of with a good Steel and Grass typing which works even better in the rain with Fire weakness reduced.Stealth rock is essential, Protect helps me scout choiced pokemon.Thunder Wave helps slow stuff down and hax stuff which helps every team and Gyro Ball is for stuff like Terrakion etc that think they can set up on me.

IF YOU WANT TO STEAL IT

PHP:
Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SAtk / 24 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Last edited:

Ampharos_Dude

Go go MR Rangers!
Nice team you got there :3

But on the topic, if you want a spinner, you should just give up scouting scarfed pokemon with thorny and give it Rapid Spin instead of Protect?

PokeSonic

The Pluvius
@amphy,ferrothorn doesnt get rapid spin >.> a shame really.
Pretty awesome team RS,owned me yesterday xP
but looking at how offensive this team looks,do you think you REALLY need a spinner?this team is obviously HO,almost,and i dont think many HO teams need a spinner,idk though,anyway pretty epic team and keep improving!

Soperman

The One and Only
The only thing I can see that may need changing is maybe HP Ice over Ghost on Keldeo, as Tornadus and Thunderus are major threats in this new metagame, as are Latios, Haxorus, and Dnite, which have always been threats.

rckstr

@amphy,ferrothorn doesnt get rapid spin >.> a shame really.
Pretty awesome team RS,owned me yesterday xP
but looking at how offensive this team looks,do you think you REALLY need a spinner?this team is obviously HO,almost,and i dont think many HO teams need a spinner,idk though,anyway pretty epic team and keep improving!

Yeah but its just that Ferrothorn find lots of time to get spikes up on stuff like my oen Ferrothorn, THundurus locked into a move etc. And those spikesreally stop me from switching even If really need to.

gr8 team...i love this...importing code as we speak....couple things, i'm not into scarfing thund-t, i havnt had much success with it, but i guess u know how to use it better than i do...i would replace keldeo with stamie for spinning...its faster than keldeo, u would get Boosted STAB hydro pump/surf also and bolt beam in thunder and ice beam, it also adds a fighting resist to ur team, as thund cant take much hits (even resisted)...if ur adamant about keldeo on ur team replace hp ghost for ice...u have thund for jellicent anyways

Starmie @ leftovers
252 sp atk 252 spd 4 hp
Natural cure
timid

Rapid spin
hydro pump
thunder
ice beam

rckstr

gr8 team...i love this...importing code as we speak....couple things, i'm not into scarfing thund-t, i havnt had much success with it, but i guess u know how to use it better than i do...i would replace keldeo with stamie for spinning...its faster than keldeo, u would get Boosted STAB hydro pump/surf also and bolt beam in thunder and ice beam, it also adds a fighting resist to ur team, as thund cant take much hits (even resisted)...if ur adamant about keldeo on ur team replace hp ghost for ice...u have thund for jellicent anyways

Starmie @ leftovers
252 sp atk 252 spd 4 hp
Natural cure
timid

Rapid spin
hydro pump
thunder
ice beam

THanks alby, everybody is suggesting Starmie over Keldeo so Imma try it

personally id use leech seed over protect and power whip over gyro on ferro as t-wave weakens gyro ball and you have no source of healing it

Shinluxray348

The name is Luxray
I don't know if anyone caught this but i would give thundurus focus blast>superpower since your sp atk is higher than your atk. just a thought

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I don't know if anyone caught this but i would give thundurus focus blast>superpower since your sp atk is higher than your atk. just a thought

Then it'll be walled by Blissey, and have an awful accuracy move in focus miss. Keep SuperPower