• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[BW2 OU] Waterlogged

Skarm™

Light It Up
skarmrmtbanner_zpsed2654c5.png

Welcome to Waterlogged, a BW2 OU RMT. I'm not such a great battler, but this has been my most successful team I ever made since I started playing competitively in July. The first team I ever made was a rain team, and then I realized how crappy I was at battling and blamed it on the rain, later realizing that it was just me. 2 months later since I started revamping the team, it has worked extremely well, on my standards at least, reaching a sky-high (for me) 1750 on PS. Usually I peak around 1550, but this team has gotten my much further in the metagame. Around when I get to 1750, I lose and get back to 1700, so I'm pretty much stuck there. Anyways, enough talk.

Team-Building Process
186.gif

So I start off with Politoed because this a rain team obviously.

186.gif
641-therian.png

Next comes Tornadus-T, my awesome sweeper that earns me most of my wins. The set I use may not be approved by some people, but it definitely works wonders for me.

186.gif
641-therian.png
134.gif

Here comes my favorite wall and status inflicter/ absorber, Vaporeon. This was part of my original rain team, but I totally revamped it into a full-blown beast.

186.gif
641-therian.png
134.gif
205.gif

I needed something to lay hazards down so Vaporeon's Roar can irritate opponents like crazy. Forretress came to mind because it's 4x Fire weakness is halved, making it all the more important in rain.

186.gif
641-therian.png
134.gif
205.gif
373.gif

I needed a revenge killer to come in and also clean up late-game as well as punch holes for other Pokemon to sweep, and Salamence fills all those roles with it's Scarf Moxie set.

186.gif
641-therian.png
134.gif
205.gif
373.gif
466.gif

Electivire is my last Pokemon. It's completely underrated, yet so powerful. How could anyone miss the power in this beast? The coverage of it's physical set! Blessed with an ability that enables it to sweep with the snap of your fingers! Let me tell you, this thing is pretty boss.

In-Depth Approch

politoedd.png

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Modeest Nature
252 HP | 252 SpA | 4 Spe
Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | HP Grass | Perish Song

Politoed's main role is to set up rain and nothing else for the most part. But this set takes advantage of the fact that some people think it to be useless except for rain. I come in, they think I might just switch out, and they try to attack, but I just stay in and kill 'em or Perish Song the set up and Substitute abusers. This proves that Politoed does more than one might think.

tornadust.png

Tornadus-T @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regnerator
Timid Nature
4 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spe
Hurricane | Focus Miss | Sleep Talk | U-Turn

Some people will look at this and say, "U nub y u us TT wit specs nub?" But I look at them and say, "Do you want to be the next person in line to get utterly devastated by the sheer power of this thing?" This thing can kick some serious ***. A Specs boosted Hurricane hits like a truck, so you don't want to come across one of these bad boys. It needs it's support, but overall it's quite the boss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vaporeon2.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Bold Nature
252 HP | 220 Def | 32 SpD
Scald | Rest | Toxic | Roar

This Vaporeon has caused many of the rage quits I've called by trolling with Hydration. Status absorber, Vaporeon is here. Status inflicter, Vaporeon is here. Physical wall, Vaporeon is here. Special wall, Vaporeon is here. You get the point I'm sure, Vaporeon is one of the best rain walls ever in the existence of Pokemon so far.

forretressf.png

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature
252 HP | 168 Def | 88 SpD
Toxic Spikes | Spikes | Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin

You may be asking, why the hell doesn't this have any moves like Volt Switch and Gyro Ball? That's a very good question. Well, Vaporeon and Forretress work very well with each other, as Forretress sets up hazards, then Vaporeon stalls and wears out the enemy team with Roar, leaving it open for sweepers like Salamence to demolish the opposing team.

salamenceu.png

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
Outrage | Dragon Claw | Earthquake | Hydro Pump

Salamence is my late-game sweeper, specializing in getting more and more powerful with each Moxie boost it gets from the victims that fall to it's Outrages. You might be wondering why I run Hydro Pump over Fire Blast. Well it's pretty simple why. Fire Blast won't do **** with rain, and Hydro Pump in rain nails steels like Heatran that try to wall it with air Balloon pretty hard as well. Anyways, not much else to say.

electivires.png

Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
Jolly Nature
48 HP | 236 Atk | 224 Spe
Wild Charge | Ice Punch | Earthquake | Cross Chop

13 out of 17 types for super-effective damage. DAMN that's some nice stuff. But without the speed to back it up, it's not worth crap in OU. Or is it? With Motor Drive, it stands a chance, and with a rain team attracting electric attacks from 4 Pokemon, chances are, it'll get a boost sooner or later. Then it can proceed to utterly destroy the opponent with it's great coverage.

So uh, that's my rain team that has won me so much pride (at my level of battling). Please feel free to leave some rates, and gimme some Luvdiscs (I hope I deserve them). Thanks for reading!​

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I think that Hasty is more convenient with the usage of Hydro Pump on Salamence , since you don't really want to weaken it.

I don't see anything else wrong at all , great Team.

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
On my Salamanca I go adamant and I use the exact same set as you except with DD > Dragon Claw and Roost > Hydro. Also, I go LO over scarf for mo real reason but I think it works better. I can't really see anything else wrong withy the team so good job :)

Hope I helped

JustCallMeKing

The biggest problem with this team is basically that it has one Pokemon that it can safely switch into an Electric type attack... which is bad if you're running a Rain team. I'd suggest putting Gastrodon somewhere, maybe over Vaporeon, and just run a Specially Defensive or a mixed Defense set (it's on Smogon). Gastrodon also covers weaknesses to Rock that Salamence and Tornadus-t will hate like hell.
Either than that, this team seems fine.
The only other thing I would suggest is maybe a cleric, but eh.

Skarm™

Light It Up
I just switched HP Ice on TT to Sleep Talk for those brelooms and I've been told I should test Thundurus-T over electivire. I should post test results later :)

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
I second Gastrodon, and although I personally prefer Mixed Tornadus Specs seems perfectly sound.

I typically use Ferrothorn over Forretress but I can see the need for a spinner on this team.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Only 1 pokemon taking electric hits isn't enough. Said Gastrodon will be great to take those hits as well.
Mence Naive > Jolly to keep powerful Hydro Pumps
Forretress Volt Switch > a hazard to escape from Magnezone
Looks like a good team :3

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Seems like a solid team, however, I would run Adamant or Lonely on Mence, for more power, but comes down to preference.

And as above, Gastrodon would work well here.

Zachmac

Why not use Adamant on Electivire? Without or without the boost, I can't find anything really common the Jolly nature would allow you to outspeed. I may be wrong, but is there anything the Jolly nature allows you to outrun?

JustCallMeKing

Why not use Adamant on Electivire? Without or without the boost, I can't find anything really common the Jolly nature would allow you to outspeed. I may be wrong, but is there anything the Jolly nature allows you to outrun?

Well, there are Pokemon out there that aren't really behind his speed, so if they run max and he doesn't, he is most likely going to be outsped most of the time.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
skarmrmtbanner_zpsed2654c5.png

Welcome to Waterlogged, a BW2 OU RMT. I'm not such a great battler, but this has been my most successful team I ever made since I started playing competitively in July. The first team I ever made was a rain team, and then I realized how crappy I was at battling and blamed it on the rain, later realizing that it was just me. 2 months later since I started revamping the team, it has worked extremely well, on my standards at least, reaching a sky-high (for me) 1750 on PS. Usually I peak around 1550, but this team has gotten my much further in the metagame. Around when I get to 1750, I lose and get back to 1700, so I'm pretty much stuck there. Anyways, enough talk.

Team-Building Process
186.gif

So I start off with Politoed because this a rain team obviously.

186.gif
641-therian.png

Next comes Tornadus-T, my awesome sweeper that earns me most of my wins. The set I use may not be approved by some people, but it definitely works wonders for me.

186.gif
641-therian.png
134.gif

Here comes my favorite wall and status inflicter/ absorber, Vaporeon. This was part of my original rain team, but I totally revamped it into a full-blown beast.

186.gif
641-therian.png
134.gif
205.gif

I needed something to lay hazards down so Vaporeon's Roar can irritate opponents like crazy. Forretress came to mind because it's 4x Fire weakness is halved, making it all the more important in rain.

186.gif
641-therian.png
134.gif
205.gif
373.gif

I needed a revenge killer to come in and also clean up late-game as well as punch holes for other Pokemon to sweep, and Salamence fills all those roles with it's Scarf Moxie set.

186.gif
641-therian.png
134.gif
205.gif
373.gif
466.gif

Electivire is my last Pokemon. It's completely underrated, yet so powerful. How could anyone miss the power in this beast? The coverage of it's physical set! Blessed with an ability that enables it to sweep with the snap of your fingers! Let me tell you, this thing is pretty boss.

In-Depth Approch

politoedd.png

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Modeest Nature
252 HP | 252 SpA | 4 Spe Out of curiosity, what does 4 spd Ev's let you outspeed?
Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | HP Grass | Perish Song

Politoed's main role is to set up rain and nothing else for the most part. But this set takes advantage of the fact that some people think it to be useless except for rain. I come in, they think I might just switch out, and they try to attack, but I just stay in and kill 'em or Perish Song the set up and Substitute abusers. This proves that Politoed does more than one might think.

tornadust.png

Tornadus-T @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regnerator
Timid Nature Why not hasty or naive?
4 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spe
Hurricane | Focus Miss | Sleep Talk | U-Turn

Some people will look at this and say, "U nub y u us TT wit specs nub?" But I look at them and say, "Do you want to be the next person in line to get utterly devastated by the sheer power of this thing?" This thing can kick some serious ***. A Specs boosted Hurricane hits like a truck, so you don't want to come across one of these bad boys. It needs it's support, but overall it's quite the boss.

Please explain why you use sleep talk as well, is he your breloom counter or something?

vaporeon2.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Bold Nature
252 HP | 220 Def | 32 SpD
Scald | Rest | Toxic | Roar

This Vaporeon has caused many of the rage quits I've called by trolling with Hydration. Status absorber, Vaporeon is here. Status inflicter, Vaporeon is here. Physical wall, Vaporeon is here. Special wall, Vaporeon is here. You get the point I'm sure, Vaporeon is one of the best rain walls ever in the existence of Pokemon so far.

forretressf.png

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature Doesn't relaxed lower speed? Without gyro ball isn't that little extra bit of speed kinda useful to you?
252 HP | 168 Def | 88 SpD
Toxic Spikes | Spikes | Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin

You may be asking, why the hell doesn't this have any moves like Volt Switch and Gyro Ball? That's a very good question. Well, Vaporeon and Forretress work very well with each other, as Forretress sets up hazards, then Vaporeon stalls and wears out the enemy team with Roar, leaving it open for sweepers like Salamence to demolish the opposing team.

salamenceu.png

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature Once again, why not hasty or naive?
4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
Outrage | Dragon Claw | Earthquake | Hydro Pump

Salamence is my late-game sweeper, specializing in getting more and more powerful with each Moxie boost it gets from the victims that fall to it's Outrages. You might be wondering why I run Hydro Pump over Fire Blast. Well it's pretty simple why. Fire Blast won't do **** with rain, and Hydro Pump in rain nails steels like Heatran that try to wall it with air Balloon pretty hard as well. Anyways, not much else to say.

Have you considered brick break for some coverage over steels since you won't get the boost from moxie on hydro pump?

electivires.png

Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
Jolly Nature
48 HP | 236 Atk | 224 Spe
Wild Charge | Ice Punch | Earthquake | Cross Chop

13 out of 17 types for super-effective damage. DAMN that's some nice stuff. But without the speed to back it up, it's not worth crap in OU. Or is it? With Motor Drive, it stands a chance, and with a rain team attracting electric attacks from 4 Pokemon, chances are, it'll get a boost sooner or later. Then it can proceed to utterly destroy the opponent with it's great coverage.

So uh, that's my rain team that has won me so much pride (at my level of battling). Please feel free to leave some rates, and gimme some Luvdiscs (I hope I deserve them). Thanks for reading!​

Threats to your team;

Just the electric typing in general, it hits 5/6 members of your team for at least neutral damage and 1/2 of it for SE damage. If they get an early ko on view then they can just spam whatever electric attack they are packing.

Rock type mons also hit your entire team for SE damage, I see terrakion being a possible huge threat to your team.

Lastly I believe Ferrothorn will be a nuisance as well, so if you would care to explain how you deal with them that would help me help you

Edit; Comments, rather unusually, are underlined

Atrocious

Hi leader of the clan I'm in lol. Anyways first thing I see is Forretress, with the prevalence of water attacks, let alone rain teams in General, Forry will at best throw up what, 2 layers at max? Toxic Spikes doesn't really work well in this metagame anymore with just so many things resisting it, spinning it away, absorbing them, etc so I'd take away Toxic Spikes for Volt Switch or Gyro Ball and switch natures accordingly. I really don't think Electivire has the raw power to function as your lone setup sweeper as it's very situational that it will setup in the first place. If it doesn't get that boost, it doesn't really fair well with it's well very average speed in OU. I'd swap out Vire with a sweeper that can use the rain to its advantage while perhaps keeping a Electric resist, hmmm, first thing that comes to mind is Thundurus. I would say CM Keldeo but then basically Scarf Thundurus runs through this team like a knife through hot butter. Like someone has suggested before, Gastrodon > Vappy works nicely unless you direly need a phazer. Mence and Tornadus will cause numerous switches themselves so I really don't see a need for one if you're really only trying to shuffle for hazard damage. Not sure what to really put over Evire as your setup sweeper as there really is a numerous amount of options like QD Volcorana, CM Keldeo, etc. basically up to preference.

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
Sleep talk on TT...? Hurricane should destroy Breloom, and you definitely outspeed it, no doubt about that. Maybe Superpower over Sleep Talk. I like the Salamence set though :D

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
TT should outspeed breloom, no doubt. ^The above poster is right. Hurricane should destroy Breloom and TT should outspeed it too. Oh and on Forretress go Volt-Switch > one of the hazards preferably spikes.

Skarm™

Light It Up
Sleep talk is simple. What if I'm in another Pokemon and they switch to Breloom? I switch to TT they think I'm dead and I sleep talk after they spore me. Trust me it works gastrodon currently being tested