1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

BW2 Team 0/1

Discussion in '5th Gen In-Game RMT' started by Xadhoom, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Xadhoom

Xadhoom Xerbian Mutant

If I can win duels with a modernized version of Yami Yugi's Deck, I can definitely make a competitive version of Red's team.

Pikachu @Zap Plate
    Quirky, Static
    Dunno about the exact values, but most of it's EVAs are placed in speed.
    -Charge Beam
    -Discharge
    -Charm
    -Light Screen

Odd moveset, I know, but it helps Pikachu actually take a hit.

Venusaur @Big Root
    Bold, Overgrow
    Again, not sure, but mostly placed in SP.ATK/DEF.
    -Giga Drain
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Leech Seed
    -Frenzy Plant

I know Frenzy Plant is situational, but it is also just that; situational; In some situations, the extra damage inflicted can really come in handy, and if used while Overgrow is active, it doesn't matter what I use.

Charizard @Life Orb
    Relaxed, Blaze
    -Sunny Day
    -Flamethrower
    -Solarbeam
    -Blast Burn

If it's alright, I'll like to keep the ultimate moves if possible. The rest of the moveset and the items, is subject to change.

Blastoise @Leftovers
    Relaxed, Torrent
    -Scald
    -Toxic
    -Dragon Tail
    -Hydro Cannon

Yeah, this is by far the worst moveset of the bunch.

Snorlax @Leftovers
    Hardy, Thick Fat
    -Body Slam
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    -Rest

Lapras @Shell Bell
    Docile, Water Absorb
    -Body Slam
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt

I know it's far from good enough for competitive play, but it's mainly used in-game stuff, like the Battle Subway and World Tournament.

Well, whattaya think?

Sorry if anything looks weird, I haven't posted RMT threads before.

Bonus points if you get what 0/1 refers to.

2. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

Well... I'll be up front; if you're going to do the Battle Subway and PWT, the Pokemon you use have to be held to a slightly higher standard than the rest of the in-game battles. The Pokemon they use in the Subway/PWT are EV trained, and I believe they do have decent natures there as well. Generally speaking you want to consider the Subway and PWT as semi-competitive; the AI may be dumb (especially with its reluctance to switch), but their Pokemon aren't the same cannon fodder that you see for the rest of the in-game stuff.

Aaaaaaanyway. Onto the team! Suggested changes will be in bold.

So yeah, that's my recommendations. And yes, it's blatantly obvious that I don't like Hyper Beam-like moves. Oh well...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  3. Xadhoom

Xadhoom Xerbian Mutant

I noticed.

4. Aurath8

Aurath8 Well-Known Member

Pikachu @ Light Ball
    Naive
    200 Spa / 252 Spd / 56 Atk
    -Thunderbolt
    -Brick Break
    -Grass Knot / Signal Beam
    -Hidden Power [Ice]

35 / 30 / 40. That's Pikachu's defensive base stats. Pikachu will survive an attack when Grumpigs fly. Even Nasty Plot is a big risk to take with such horrid defences. Anyway, I've gone for a mixed set here as Pikachu has no special fighting moves and Brick break really helps against Rock and Steel types who are either paired with Ground or bulky enough to take a T-bolt.
    HP [Ice] for boltbeam yay. Grass Knot and Signal Beam is a question as to whether you hate Ground/Rock types or Grass types more.

Sleep powder over Leech Seed on Venusaur. Because Sleep is an awesome status. Earthquake over Frenzy Plant as well because I also think the 'ultimate' moves are the spawn of the devil(alongside Poison Jab). They are some of the most noncompetitive moves in the game. The only niche i have ever found for Hyper Beam variants is on Porygon-Z. With 2 Nasty Plots, Life Orb, Adaptability, Modest nature and Hyper Beam it can KO Blissey in one hit. It's an achievement few special attackers ever reach and is really the only viable use for them.

I'm against Sunny Day as you have 2 water types and a Grass type who don't really appreciate the sunlight, and without Solar Power (and Chlorophyll for Venusaur) even Charizard isn't maximizing his potential. I'd go with Xahdoom's set of Focus Miss | Flamethrower | Air Slash | Roost while holding a Life Orb, if only because I think 3 attacks + recovery is hamazing in terms of sheer versatility.

Curse > Rest. I speak from experience when I say that a single Curse is enough to make Snorlax into a staggeringly good mixed tank. Provided you avoid status and can get off a second Curse, you will be invincible to all but critical hit Close Combats.