• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW34: Rival Battle! Banipucchi, Dokkora participate in battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

Having used a Vanillite I can say with certainty that it isn't weak

I foresee Ash having trouble with Icy Wind, and I would not be surprised if Icy Wind's speed lowering properties were used to give a speed boost to the other, far slower members of Trip's team.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Trip getting Vanillite is one of the best decisions the show has ever made and I love them all the time forever

Vanilli-line is wonderful on multiple levels and seeing more is also wonderful

You're acting like we're going to see Trip constantly using it. Reminds me of when people thought Brock's Sudowoodo or Paul's Gliscor were going to get a lot of screentime.

R_N

You're acting like we're going to see Trip constantly using it. Reminds me of when people thought Brock's Sudowoodo or Paul's Gliscor were going to get a lot of screentime.

No, I'm fully aware it will probably not get a lot of screen-time (what with all of Trip's other members, and potential future members)

That doesn't make it any less wonderful.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
No, I'm fully aware it will probably not get a lot of screen-time (what with all of Trip's other members, and potential future members)

That doesn't make it any less wonderful.

For two or so episodes? At this rate Trip is bound to get many more pokemon.

I feel like the writers are desperately trying to make Trip interesting, so they're giving him a variety of pokemon. Doesn't help matters that he's still not making anywhere near the impact Paul did back in DP.

Trip actually reminds me of how Zoey/Kenny were received when DP began with lukewarm receptions because previous characters were better.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I for one hope it is a two on two or a three on three:

Pokabu vs ice cream( Pokabu hopefully learns new move or not but definitely wins and gets withdrawn)
Mijumaru vs Timburr( Mijumaru gets owned :()
Hatooboo vs Timburr( Hatooboo learns a new move and kills it( hopefully))
Pokabu vs Jellyfish or Servine( Pokabu gets killed)
Hatooboo vs One of the above two ( Hatooboo gets in a hit but gets owned too)

At least this way Ash doesn't totally get murdered but he still looses until the league(unfortunately :().

R_N

For two or so episodes? At this rate Trip is bound to get many more pokemon.

Yes?
I fail to see the problem here.
I like Vanillite. I like that Trip is using one. I like the thought of seeing potentially seeing it once or twice down the line, perhaps as even a Vanilliuxe even if it won't be used with major frequency.

Stage On

Aura guardian
Man you guys have short memories. Ash did beat Paul a couple of times during the league. They weren't full on 6 on 6 battles nor where they curbstomps but a win is a win none the less. Their rivalry was far from one sided.

Assuming that Trip is automatically going to stomp Ash is silly. Heck even if Ash loses it could still be by a close enough margin that Trip won't be as dismmisive of him in the future.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Man you guys have short memories. Ash did beat Paul a couple of times during the league. They weren't full on 6 on 6 battles nor where they curbstomps but a win is a win none the less. Their rivalry was far from one sided.

Huh? Ash never beat Paul once in a battle. They have tied twice and Paul got 3 wins. And Ash never beat Paul a couple of times during the league... thats impossible.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I for one hope it is a two on two or a three on three:

Pokabu vs ice cream( Pokabu hopefully learns new move or not but definitely wins and gets withdrawn)
Mijumaru vs Timburr( Mijumaru gets owned :()
Hatooboo vs Timburr( Hatooboo learns a new move and kills it( hopefully))
Pokabu vs Jellyfish or Servine( Pokabu gets killed)
Hatooboo vs One of the above two ( Hatooboo gets in a hit but gets owned too)

At least this way Ash doesn't totally get murdered but he still looses until the league(unfortunately :().

Even though Trip said that he prefers a 6 on 6 and especially now that Ash can have a 6 on 6. I think it could be a 6 on 6 that carries throughout the the episode and it finishes at the start of episode 35, with Trip winning.

Huh? Ash never beat Paul once in a battle. They have tied twice and Paul got 3 wins. And Ash never beat Paul a couple of times during the league... thats impossible.

If you count the Pokeringer, Ash has beaten Paul and another time in the league.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yes?
I fail to see the problem here.
I like Vanillite. I like that Trip is using one. I like the thought of seeing potentially seeing it once or twice down the line, perhaps as even a Vanilliuxe even if it won't be used with major frequency.

I guess less is more? Remember Paul changed almost his entire team when he battled Ash in the league.

But I guess we're used to this now, same reason certain old characters aren't seen in the anime anymore, right?

R_N

I guess less is more? Remember Paul changed almost his entire team when he battled Ash in the league.

Why does me being excited for a Pokemon bug you so much?
I want to see Vanillite. Being on a main character means it will probably show up once or twice more at least, if only evolved.
Will it be used in the league? Probably not, Trip will no doubt have a grand variety of Pokemon to choose from and will pick and choose his best and that probably won't include Vanilluxe for one reason or another.
Would it be nice if it became one of his main Pokemon? Sure! It probably will not happen, but oh well.

Ooo I wonder if Timburr will see more screentime overall, I wouldn't mind seeing Conkeldurr and if Lampent sticks around it would make a neat physical foil (?) to it.
Can't wait to see it fling around the plank and stuff.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Even though Trip said that he prefers a 6 on 6 and especially now that Ash can have a 6 on 6. I think it could be a 6 on 6 that carries throughout the the episode and it finishes at the start of episode 35, with Trip winning.

If you count the Pokeringer, Ash has beaten Paul and another time in the league.

Lol Ash is not gonna use Zuruggu in a battle anytime soon. Unless Zuruggu got benched a six on six is not gonna happen.

playerking

Lol Ash is not gonna use Zuruggu in a battle anytime soon. Unless Zuruggu got benched a six on six is not gonna happen.

Scraggy needs more training, then just battling Axew, maybe Scraggy could battle Vanillite.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Scraggy needs more training, then just battling Axew, maybe Scraggy could battle Vanillite.

You know what actually I'm fine with Zuruggu being used just cuz I hate the wanna be gangster and would love to see it get owned in battle. God do we really need another reason for Shooti to talk crap about Ash??

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!

True, but ash didn't really defeat paul...he just fought past paul's honchkrow and threw a ring on the thingy

lol wouldn't headbutting a vanillite put a dent in its head

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Lol. Anyway, I really want to see Trip in action once again. I know for sure that he's going to be annoying like he's been in previous episodes, but I guess I'm attracted to his...trollfulness. It's a love-hate sort of thing. But yeah, I'm glad that he's going to appear with some new Pokemon. I'm not particularly happy with the Pokemon he'll have with him, but it could be worse. Here's to Ash getting his arse handed to him. Again.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
So do we know that Trip is using Timburr and Vannilite? I am hoping for Timburr but not Vannilite, it just doesn't seem like a pokemon for him. If it does go to him then I hope it gets replaced. So many better suited pokemon than Vanillite for Trip. E.g, Bisharp, Escavalier, Golurk etc.

Sabonea_Masukippa

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_bw/trailer/images/110512_01.jpg

Thumbs up for ice cream!!

5月12日放送
「ライバルバトル!バニプッチ、ドッコラー参戦!!」
シューティーとの3度目のバトル!
相性で有利なはずのポカブにまさかの事態が!!

May 12th Broadcast
Rival Battle! Vanillite, Timburr Join the Battle!!
Ash's 3rd battle with Trip!
Ash's trusty, at-an-advantage Tepig finds itself in an unbelievable of situation!!

Last edited:

playerking

Greeeaaat, still doesn't look good with Trip now that I actually see it, hopefully Tepig still beats it in a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.