• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW34: Rival Battle! Banipucchi, Dokkora participate in battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
If Scraggy isn't in the battle and Oshawott is, I think Tranquill or Oshawott should get a win, then the other two, Oshawott/Tranquill should get a loss.

So the participants should be

Scraggy/Oshawott

Tranquill

and Tepig.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well if Mijumaru does get used I think it will lose purely due to the fact that next episode is talking about ash training his weaknesses. I really want Pokabu or Hatooboo to get a good win here cuz of what happened in the last battle.

adyniz

Bulbapædist
Summary on the official site:
旅の途中、シューティーに出会ったサトシは、バトルを申しこむ!
シューティーはこの挑戦を受け、3対3のバトルをすることに! サトシが最初に出したのはツタージャ! 一方、シューティーはツタージャの進化形、ジャノビーを送り出す!
三度目のライバルバトル、勝つのは、いったいどっちだ!?

Translation: During their journey to Raimon City, Satoshi encounters Shooty and challanges for a 3-3 battle. Satoshi calls Tsutarja up first, however on the other side, Shooty sends out Janovy; the evolved form of Tsutarja.
The third rival battle, who will be the winner?

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
シューティーはこの挑戦を受け、3対3のバトルをすることに! サトシが最初に出したのはツタージャ! 一方、シューティーはツタージャの進化形、ジャノビーを送り出す!

Translation: During their journey to Raimon City, Satoshi encounters Shooty and challanges for a 3-3 battle. Satoshi calls Tsutarja up first, however on the other side, Shooty sends out Janovy; the evolved form of Tsutarja.

trip is going to lose why send a male servine vs a female snivy with attract

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
trip is going to lose why send a male servine vs a female snivy with attract

He probably found a way to counter it, and wants to make ammends for his Servines previous loss though if it loses to Snivy again i'm gonna laugh my butt off.

If this summery is true then we know Trip's three, Servine, Timburr and the ice cream cone.

Ash is using Snivy, Tepig due to an earlier summery and...who knows.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Well Snivy is gonna get raped lol Shooti is not gonna fall for the same Attract trick two times in a row. He probably taught his Servine Attract as a counter.
Hopefully Hatooboo kills Servine afterwards, then loses to ice cream. Pokabu beats the ice cream then ties with Timburr(what?? that would be unexpected lol).

Aegon

He probably found a way to counter it, and wants to make ammends for his Servines previous loss though if it loses to Snivy again i'm gonna laugh my butt off.

If this summery is true then we know Trip's three, Servine, Timburr and the ice cream cone.

Oshawott? Considering all the training it's been getting, I hope so. It'd be a waste otherwise. A 3 VS 3 battle? I think Ash will win, Trip needs a dent in that seemingly-impenetrable shield of his. :|

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Well Snivy is gonna get raped lol Shooti is not gonna fall for the same Attract trick two times in a row. He probably taught his Servine Attract as a counter.
Hopefully Hatooboo kills Servine afterwards, then loses to ice cream. Pokabu beats the ice cream then ties with Timburr(what?? that would be unexpected lol).

Lol watch Shooti come back with his Janovy and it knows Attract *shot* NO. To change things he gives it a Destiny Knot and introduces held items :p Now that I think about it, there was Piplup with the Everstone...but that doesn't help it in battle exactly =/

EDIT: Wow....I did not read your whole message XDDD I'm so sorry!! it's the same thing anyways haha

dman_dustin

I knew this was going to happen.

So what now you people who said that Snivy wouldn't evolve because it beat its evolved form? (Puts a whole wrench in that theory doesn't it) Outside of Pikachu (who doesn't count for obvious reasons), we've never had a Pokemon battle their evolved form more than once, with one win and one loss.

The problem is, if you were going to argue that Snivy wasn't going to evolve because it beat its evolved form. These situations would be reversed, with Snivy loosing in BW010 and Winning here. Rather than the opposite.

Yes I realize this all depends on the outcome of the battle, and like Almighty Zard, if Snivy wins, I too will laugh. But let's be realistic here, chances are either Ash recalls Snivy, or she loses. And if she loses, well so much for saying she won't evolve just because she beat her evolved form.

And in the end I was right. Just because you beat your evolved form once (a conditional yet legitimate win of course), does not mean you somehow reach beyond the pinnacle of one's strength that makes you unable to evolve because you are superior.

This episode I'm sure will PROVE that Snivy is no more superior than Servine than any other non evolving Pokemon who beat their evolved form.

Feel free to disagree with my post, and go ahead and use Pikachu as an example. But just one thing; Pikachu refused to evolve, Snivy hasn't refused AT all.

Edit: If Ash does use Oshawott (because of 35's summary implies it, then again it doesn't have to be in the battle to train) then Ash would be using only his starter Pokemon.

Last edited:

fukamaru

I think it will be Oshawott because of training.
So Tepig vs Vanillite isn't first round of battle?
My new prediction:
Snivy vs Servine - Servine easily wins with Trip's new strategy; Servine recalled
Tepig vs Vanillite - Tepig got freeze and loses\hits Vanillite by using flame charge (like Pikachu vs Froslass)
Tepig vs Timburr - Timburr wins
Oshawott vs Timburr - Draw

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

So what now you people who said that Snivy wouldn't evolve because it beat its evolved form? (Puts a whole wrench in that theory doesn't it) Outside of Pikachu (who doesn't count for obvious reasons), we've never had a Pokemon battle their evolved form more than once, with one win and one loss.

The problem is, if you were going to argue that Snivy wasn't going to evolve because it beat its evolved form. These situations would be reversed, with Snivy loosing in BW010 and Winning here. Rather than the opposite.

Yes I realize this all depends on the outcome of the battle, and like Almighty Zard, if Snivy wins, I too will laugh. But let's be realistic here, chances are either Ash recalls Snivy, or she loses. And if she loses, well so much for saying she won't evolve just because she beat her evolved form.

And in the end I was right. Just because you beat your evolved form once (a conditional yet legitimate win of course), does not mean you somehow reach beyond the pinnacle of one's strength that makes you unable to evolve because you are superior.

This episode I'm sure will PROVE that Snivy is no more superior than Servine than any other non evolving Pokemon who beat their evolved form.

Feel free to disagree with my post, and go ahead and use Pikachu as an example. But just one thing; Pikachu refused to evolve, Snivy hasn't refused AT all.

^and should she win using Attact again (which would be even funnier.) then your opinion does not change am I right dman?

dman_dustin

^and should she win using Attact again (which would be even funnier.) then your opinion does not change am I right dman?

Only because it proves to me that Snivy couldn't win any other way. I seriously hope we run into a female Servine soon, just so we can clear this thing once and for all, if Snivy were to beat a female one, I would have conceit. I would still think its stupid for a Pokemon not to evolve just because it beat its evolved form, but at least I wouldn't argue it any further, I'd just roll my eyes and move on.

But I will admit one thing: I find it odd that if Snivy WERE to evolve, why are the writers constantly matching them up. I sure as hell don't want a Serperior vs whatever in the league (well except maybe if Ash's Snivy wins here, thus, would lose in the league).

-------

I do wonder though how Servine is going to avoid attract I mean Frillish only dodged it because it was fast (or mobile, but would Servine be able to dodge it? I suppose its possible that Servine has a move to counter attract though.

pokefandt

Oh god not this argument again...

Look guys it doesn't even seem like Snivy will even be used in the battle.

Grey Wind

Yeah, about that...

thunderblade12

Edit: If Ash does use Oshawott (because of 35's summary implies it, then again it doesn't have to be in the battle to train) then Ash would be using only his starter Pokemon.

Of course it's true that Pikachu, Piplup, Bulbasaur would all become stronger from evolving too though. I think Snivy will lose here but won't evolve anyway. Instead it'll develop a rivalry with it and defeat it as a Serperior in the League. That's an alternative route that works just as well.

It would be cool to see Ash with all three of his starters evolved though.

シューティーはこの挑戦を受け、3対3のバトルをすることに! サトシが最初に出したのはツタージャ! 一 方、シューティーはツタージャの進化形、ジャノビーを送り出す!

It was on the current page so I don't know how you missed this...

Torpoleon

Based on what I have read, here is what we know for Ash VS Trip:
1. It is a 3 on 3 battle.
2. Ash's Snivy VS Trip's Servine is first, outcome unknown.
3. Ash's Tepig VS Trip's Vanillite is at some point in the battle, outcome unknown.
4. Ash's Third Pokémon is unknown while Trip will likely use Timburr.
5. The overall winner of the battle is unknown.

So:
Snivy VS Servine (Servine wins)
Tepig VS Servine (Tepig wins)
Tepig VS Vanillite (Vanillite wins)
Tranquill VS Vanillite (Tranquill wins)
Tranquill VS Timburr (Tranquill wins)
OR
Snivy VS Servine (Servine wins and is either recalled still in battle)
Tepig VS Servine (If Servine is still in battle, it either loses or is recalled)
Tepig VS Vanillite (Vanillite wins)
Tranquill VS Vanillite (Tranquill wins)
Tranquill VS Timburr (Timburr wins)

The thing is though that I see Servine beating Snivy, but I can't see Tepig beating Servine and I see Tranquill taking out Vanillite (if Tepig doesn't which does seem likely) and either losing to Timburr or taking it out and losing to Servine.

I totally agree with you on that. And I must point out that if Snivy loses here then this scenario would be a total opposite of Meowth in Boots scenario. Meowth lost first to Persian then defeated one afterwards and here Snivy would lose to Servine after defeating it for the first time.

I am not saying that they are building a prolonged rivalry in here. Actually I think that they are trying to build a rivalry between Servine and Pikachu but wtv.

What I want to see in this battle is Ash losing with a better ratio. I don't want something like a 5-2 in here.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
ok i see

Snivy vs Servine (Snivy recalled)
snivy trys attract but servine counters it
Tepig vs Servine (Tepig)
tepig might learn a 4th attack
Tepig vs vanillite (vanillite)
long battle Vanillite counter fire type attacks
Snivy vs Vanillite (draw)
vanillite use ice shard and snivy leaf blade
Tranquill vs Timburr (tranquill)
timburr use it wood plank to stop traquills attacks Tranquill use air cutter to blow it away then use sky attack

ash is happy with he's win trip leaves with out saying anything

Status
Not open for further replies.