• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW34: Rival Battle! Banipucchi, Dokkora participate in battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

Summary on the official site:
旅の途中、シューティーに出会ったサトシは、バトルを申しこむ!
シューティーはこの挑戦を受け、3対3のバトルをすることに! サトシが最初に出したのはツタージャ! 一方、シューティーはツタージャの進化形、ジャノビーを送り出す!
三度目のライバルバトル、勝つのは、いったいどっちだ!?

Translation: During their journey to Raimon City, Satoshi encounters Shooty and challanges for a 3-3 battle. Satoshi calls Tsutarja up first, however on the other side, Shooty sends out Janovy; the evolved form of Tsutarja.
The third rival battle, who will be the winner?

Thanks for the summary.

I kind of wish Snivy wasn't being used, or Servine for that matter. But with this new info I'd say my new prediction is as followed:

Ash vs Trip 3 vs 3
Snivy vs Servine-Servine wins.
Tepig vs Servine-Tie.
Tranquill vs Timburr-Tranquill wins.
Tranquill vs Vanillite-Vanillite wins.

kickachu

Momentai!
But the summary doesn't say anything about Palpitoad

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Thanks for the summary.

I kind of wish Snivy wasn't being used, or Servine for that matter. But with this new info I'd say my new prediction is as followed:

Ash vs Trip 3 vs 3
Snivy vs Servine-Servine wins.
Tepig vs Servine-Tie.
Tranquill vs Timburr-Tranquill wins.
Tranquill vs Vanillite-Vanillite wins.

It cannot be a tie since Tepig also battles Vanillite.

But Snivy VS Servine again.... oh boy, I hope they emphasis about Snivy not evolving here.;D

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
Ah that summary. Why don't the writers just paint a huge sign that says "SNIVY WILL LOSE THIS MATCH" instead?

Let me predict how this episode will turn out.

-Ash challenges Trip to a battle because he's a freaking masochist.
-Snivy battles Servine. Ash tries the Attract trick again, not taking into account that Trip probably has a counter for this, and defeats Snivy, pretty much rendering Snivy's gimmick that seperates her from Ash's other grass types useless.
-Ash sends in Tepig hoping that the trianing he put into it will pay off, but forgetting that Trip is a Jerksue character, while Trip swaps for Timburr.
-Timburr proceeds to shove his big long wood up Tepig's... face.
-Ash sends in Oshawott, but Trip swaps for Vanillite.
-Vanillite freezes Oshawott and wins the battle.
-Trip berates Ash and leaves.
-Ash sighs in defeat as his friends dance around him chanting "more training more training more training" like a duo of natives.
-Trip's fanbase swoons over him like he's the god of all things Pokemon.

Torpoleon

Ah that summary. Why don't the writers just paint a huge sign that says "SNIVY WILL LOSE THIS MATCH" instead?

-Snivy battles Servine. Ash tries the Attract trick again, not taking into account that Trip probably has a counter for this, and defeats Snivy, pretty much rendering Snivy's gimmick that seperates her from Ash's other grass types useless.
-Ash sends in Tepig hoping that the trianing he put into it will pay off, but forgetting that Trip is a Jerksue character, while Trip swaps for Timburr.
-Ash sighs in defeat as his friends dance around him chanting "more training more training more training" like a duo of natives.
We know that Tepig battles a Pokémon it has a type advantage against, so if your prediction had him battle Servine, your prediction could still be possible.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!

While I don't like seeing Ash as a complete loser, I can see this happening. I just don't have any faith in the writers to make the Ash-Trip rivalry a fair one. We hardly see Ash train his Pokemon this saga while Trip can train a battle-ready team of 6 in what should be an impossibly short time. Any battle between the two involves Trip serving Ash an embarising defeat. I'd be really shocked if Ash pulls a win.

As for Snivy, Trip is portayed as booksmart, so if he is sending out Servine on purpose then he'll definatly have a plan to stop attract (possibly Protect like every other Pokemon in the anime these days). This can good, as it shows that everyone, including Snivy, needs to train more if they want to win the Unova League. Have we even seen Ash once train Snivy?

With Oshawott's training a few episodes ago, I hope it beats one of Trip's Pokemon if it is used. Trip thought Oshawott was a pathetic Pokemon, so he'd be in for a surprise if it beats one of his Pokemon.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
I suppose in Ash's defense, just because we don't see him training doesn't mean he's not. The writers would just rather tell us stories of other things rather then showing us Ash, Iris and Cilan beating the crud out of each other's Pokemon episode after episode. We should probably just assume they're training off screen.

It's just Trip's a Jerksue, and will always win over Ash until the league, where Ash will be graced by the all-powerful Deus ex Machina goddess who will bless him with a random contrivance that will help him win... and then leave right after when Mr. I-Only-Exist-To-Beat-Ash-In-The-League shows up.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
you know I really don't care if snivy does lose but hopefully Tepig and whoever else battles can manage a win and draw respectively, don't care who gets what.

Torpoleon

Maybe Trip has taught his Servine Attract as well and beats Ash to the punch.

Or maybe Leaf Storm and Contrary
I could kind of see Trip having his Servine with Attract as a way to counter Snivy.

I'm guessing it's been confirmed that Timburr is Trip's? I already know that Vanillite & Servine are Trip's.

Dax

Legend
He should use someone other than the starters. This will turn out to be Kanto/Johto again with no one other than the starters having any battle relevancy. =l

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
So Snivy and Tepig are in the battle, as much as Tranquill needs some wins, I think Oshawott should be here, then we'd have all 3 starters facing Trip and personally, that would be a sight to see. *Sighs* If only it were a Triple Battle and Ash used his starters.

Graham Aker

It couldn't be more obvious that Snivy was going to lose, same with Ash really. Because one-sided rivalries are so easy to write.

Boring rivalry is boring.

playerking

It couldn't be more obvious that Snivy was going to lose, same with Ash really. Because one-sided rivalries are so easy to write.

As much as I think Ash will lose, I think Snivy should be the one two win a battle, or maybe Tranquill or Oshawott, either one is fine. Tepig? Nah.

Remmie

True. But it's kind of weird that Ash, who is skillfull in battling, always lose to a newbie like Trip. Very...........weird.

thunderblade12

I wish they would have just taken a note from the games and given Ash a rival around 14 years old. They could have topped Paul by having this new trainer have traveled through more regions than Ash. And when the 6th generation came along, this rival could have been the one to tell him about it.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
True. But it's kind of weird that Ash, who is skillfull in battling, always lose to a newbie like Trip. Very...........weird.

Yea it was more tolerable with Paul since both were almost equal in experience but this is just plain wrong. I am scared of this rival battle, Snivy, Tepig.... I only hope Ash thinks correctly and sends Tranquil, screw Pikachu, Oshawott can just shut it, & Scraggy might get pwned if its used, so hopefully Tranquil gets used here, they must have brought it back for this sole reason.

dman_dustin

Yea it was more tolerable with Paul since both were almost equal in experience but this is just plain wrong. I am scared of this rival battle, Snivy, Tepig.... I only hope Ash thinks correctly and sends Tranquil, screw Pikachu, Oshawott can just shut it, & Scraggy might get pwned if its used, so hopefully Tranquil gets used here, they must have brought it back for this sole reason.

But wouldn't it be more painfully obvious he uses Oshawott. I mean I'm not denying that it's possible Ash sends out Oshawott in BW035 just because he can and trains it for Aqua Jet.

BUT, it would be easier to swallow if Oshawott was the reason Ash lost against Trip because of Aqua Jet (otherwise Ash could've actually won, I'm hoping that it was THAT close). So anyway because of that loss, Ash decides to kick in high gear to get Oshawott mastering aqua jet.

playerking

But wouldn't it be more painfully obvious he uses Oshawott. I mean I'm not denying that it's possible Ash sends out Oshawott in BW035 just because he can and trains it for Aqua Jet.

BUT, it would be easier to swallow if Oshawott was the reason Ash lost against Trip because of Aqua Jet (otherwise Ash could've actually won, I'm hoping that it was THAT close). So anyway because of that loss, Ash decides to kick in high gear to get Oshawott mastering aqua jet.

I have to agree, Oshawott gets training again in episode 35, so I think it will be in the battle and it will lose, but it wont be a pathetic loss.

Salamandre

I am scared of this rival battle, Snivy, Tepig.... I only hope Ash thinks correctly and sends Tranquil, screw Pikachu, Oshawott can just shut it, & Scraggy might get pwned if its used, so hopefully Tranquil gets used here, they must have brought it back for this sole reason.

Well trips main pokemon is servine and we can't rely on tepig to take out that thing so tranquils definately a good choice based on that. But what i am really hoping for is that it fights a rufflet, since there always a episode dedicated to a flying type battle(pokemon ringer, that ballon stunt from jhoto) it be good to start a rivalry right now. I actually want most of ash's pokemon to have some rivalry with trip Oshawott->servine snivy->frillish vanillite->pikachu

edit-(And the 2 priemere pokemon in this episode are a ice and fighting type so that can also mean tranquils gonna be in it)

edit 2- This would be my ideal scenerio

Vanillite v.s pikachu- Close but vanillite wins
Rufflet/tranquil v.s tranquil- draw
vanillite v.s oshawott- Oshawott wins
timbur v.s oshawott-Oshawott could have won but smashes into a tree

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.