• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW34: Rival Battle! Banipucchi, Dokkora participate in battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does palpitoad fit in to all this.:635:

Trip will try to catch Palpitoad at the start of the episode. He will have a major appearence in the next episode. Where Ash will catch it, Stunfisk and Foongus

Dax

Legend
Then go watch a show that's not predictable(Even though generally, most shows are predictable, even more so then Pokemon) . Pokemon isn't meant to be built on unpredictability. It's meant to entertain little kids.

That's not a valid excuse. Unpredictability will entertain every audience more than knowing always what's going to happen. Kids aren't dumb.

What's the point in following Trip and Ash if this is a rehash of Paul and Gary? There's nothing interesting about spending more than 10 years watching Ash lose his rival battles to then emerge victorious at the end. Shows are meant to excite people and leave them wondering about what's going to happen next. That's never going to happen with Ash and Trip because so far you know he's always going to lose, same way he lost to Paul and Gary.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Hmm I'm starting to think this will be like Ash and Paul's first battle. 3 vs 3 but its three different rounds, who ever gets 2 wins out of 3 is the victor.

So just like Paul,

Round 1: Paul's Starly > Ash's Starly
Round 2: Ash's Aipom > Paul's Chimchar
Round 3: Ash's Pikachu = Paul's Elekid [Tie]

It will be,

Round 1: Trip's Servine > Ash's Snivy
Round 2: Ash's Tepig > Trip's Vanillite
Round 3: Ash's Oshawott = Trip's Timburr [Tie]

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Looks like Tepig is struggling against Avalanche, which I believe might be the Stone Edge like attack (not quite how I imagined it, personally thought it might look more... powerful, maybe more Avalanchey?). Would be a good move to use considering its double damaging effect, wonder if the animation will change to reflect its power? Its other moves could be Icicle Spear and Icy Wind (not much in the way of Type diversity).

As for Timburr, looks like it might have used a stat increasing move, possibly Bulk Up (matches Ursarings) or Focus Energy, then possibly Dynamic Punch with the glowing red fist? A confused Oshawott would be fun.

Servine looks to be using Cut again.

gliscor&yanmega

That's not a valid excuse. Unpredictability will entertain every audience more than knowing always what's going to happen. Kids aren't dumb.

What's the point in following Trip and Ash if this is a rehash of Paul and Gary? There's nothing interesting about spending more than 10 years watching Ash lose his rival battles to then emerge victorious at the end. Shows are meant to excite people and leave them wondering about what's going to happen next. That's never going to happen with Ash and Trip because so far you know he's always going to lose, same way he lost to Paul and Gary.

Predictability overall is different for everyone. Some people can predict a certain event happening, others can't. Personally for me, every show I've watch normally is predictable. But that doesn't matter at all to me since I still enjoy it.

Pokemon has new people coming in and watching it all the time, so there will most likely be a fair amount of unpredictability for some people at less.

There's no way the writers can easily make the show unpredictable for everyone though.

Whatever way you look at it, either accept what they give you or just stop watching if you have no interesting in the lack of unpredictability.

There's more important things then unpredictability for some people.

Salamandre

^alright pokemon in general is fairly more predictable than other shows but what we have with trip is redundency. Back in dp the whole scenerio with paul felt genuine becuase we could predict maybe outcomes and not be completely certian with one. That what makes fights exciting having to guess what will happen. With trip the battles are hinting to be like those with paul. Which makes us feel more certian that some occurences will likely happen(ash loses all rival matches except the last) thus ruining the suspense. So what alot of people want is a win or draw to prove to us that this won't be like a pual v.s ash clone.

XXD17

Draco rex
Looks like Tepig is struggling against Avalanche, which I believe might be the Stone Edge like attack (not quite how I imagined it, personally thought it might look more... powerful, maybe more Avalanchey?). Would be a good move to use considering its double damaging effect, wonder if the animation will change to reflect its power? Its other moves could be Icicle Spear and Icy Wind (not much in the way of Type diversity).

As for Timburr, looks like it might have used a stat increasing move, possibly Bulk Up (matches Ursarings) or Focus Energy, then possibly Dynamic Punch with the glowing red fist? A confused Oshawott would be fun.

Servine looks to be using Cut again.

I thought vanillite was using ice shard...and timburr could be using dynamic punch, focus punch or drain punch...

gliscor&yanmega

^alright pokemon in general is fairly more predictable than other shows but what we have with trip is redundency. Back in dp the whole scenerio with paul felt genuine becuase we could predict maybe outcomes and not be completely certian with one. That what makes fights exciting having to guess what will happen. With trip the battles are hinting to be like those with paul. Which makes us feel more certian that some occurences will likely happen(ash loses all rival matches except the last) thus ruining the suspense. So what alot of people want is a win or draw to prove to us that this won't be like a pual v.s ash clone.

I see no problem with any of that.

In fact, I think what they are doing is better this way. This gives Ash his obstacle to overcome, which leads to better development in my eyes.

Graham Aker

I see no problem with any of that.

In fact, I think what they are doing is better this way. This gives Ash his obstacle to overcome, which leads to better development in my eyes.

So you'd be fine if the next 5 generations of Pokemon had Ash constantly losing to his main rival until the league? I'm sorry, but I don't know how you find that entertaining. It's rather redundant. Wouldn't you rather see something unexpected like the main rival being the underdog, and beating Ash in the end? I mean at least it would mix it up a little.

Dax

Legend
There's no way the writers can easily make the show unpredictable for everyone though.

But they can try to make twists and create new plots that will ultimately set BW apart from the other series. That's their job, they are writers. Use your imagination and create something new. So far this feels more like laziness than effort to create something exciting for the audience.

Whatever way you look at it, either accept what they give you or just stop watching if you have no interesting in the lack of unpredictability.

Ain't that a solution for everything?

Wasted development. They throw it away so Ash can start as a fresh trainer every saga.

And hey, I'm not questioning your enjoyment. I think it's great if you enjoy it. Just exchanging opinions.:)

gliscor&yanmega

So you'd be fine if the next 5 generations of Pokemon had Ash constantly losing to his main rival until the league? I'm sorry, but I don't know how you find that entertaining. It's rather redundant. Wouldn't you rather see something unexpected like the main rival being the underdog, and beating Ash in the end? I mean at least it would mix it up a little.

Because I enjoy Ash starting out "weak" and end up beating his rival in the end.

Main characters mainly are the ones who face an obstacle and overcome it at the end. I like that, no matter how many times it happens again and again.

But they can try to make twists and create new plots that will ultimately set BW apart from the other series. That's their job, they are writers. Use your imagination and create something new. So far this feels more like laziness than effort to create something exciting for the audience.

Ain't that a solution for everything?

Wasted development. They throw it away so Ash can start as a fresh trainer every saga.

And hey, I'm not questioning your enjoyment. I think it's great if you enjoy it. Just exchanging opinions.:)

I don't see what kind of possible twist they could do to make it more exciting. Personally, even rivalries don't interest me at all, and Ash being the one on top doesn't interest me either. I don't see any kind of real challenge for Ash to overcome. Can't see anything else they can really do other then Ash be the one who's below his opponent and wins in the end.

I rather get "wasted development" over no development at all.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Because I enjoy Ash starting out "weak" and end up beating his rival in the end.

Main characters mainly are the ones who face an obstacle and overcome it at the end. I like that, no matter how many times it happens again and again.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't want main rivalries in this show to be handled like Yu-gi-oh for instance...where the main character always wins (through BS means might I add).

But I would like to see Ash and his main rival go back, and forth. That way when the league came around his record wouldn't be 0-3 against his rival. Just beating them once, doesn't give the impression that he's truly overcome or surpass them...at least IMO. I'm sure that's the impression the anime is trying to give off as well to little kids. But it's still not very believable given the prior three or so battles.

Last edited:

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer

While that may be a common thing in any story telling, I've gotta agree that it's not really entertaining given how we all know that Ash is a skilled trainer. I mean it's one thing when they're showing that there's always someone better like how it had been for most of Ash's rivalry with Paul, but with this case of how Trip is a new trainer, it's really rediculous.

RandomOne

Randomization
I actually think that it's going to be a tie or something. After 2 loses, they won't give us the victory for Ash, so tie might be in the middle of this.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Wow, Trip just threw a pokeball at Ash's head, what a jerk.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
I thought vanillite was using ice shard...and timburr could be using dynamic punch, focus punch or drain punch...
I agree; my first thought was it was Ice Shard. I wasn't paying much attention to Timburrs attacks so I'll wait to guess what they are for the time being.
Can someone post the preview plz?? :)

Look at the most recent page before this one, someone posted it there.

So pretty much everyones guess of Oshawott being Ash's last choice was correct. And it facing Timburr, though I guess there wasn't much room for speculation.

My new battle speculation:

Snivy vs Servine (Servine) Trip has a way to counteract Attract when Ash tries to use it again and Servine gets revenge, though not without taking a lot of damage.
Tepig vs Servine (Tepig) Tepig takes down the weakened Servine relatively easily.
Tepig vs Vanillite (Tepig) Tepig gets frozen and takes a decent amount of damage but eventually thaws and KOs with Flame Charge.
Tepig vs Timburr (Timburr) Easy win with Rock Throw
Oshawott vs Timburr (Timburr) I'm not sure about the exact circumstances, but I'm sure Osha won't be winning here. Non-perfected Aqua Jet,training in the next episode and a one-sided rivalry seem to wipe out that possibility.

So we have no indicators of what this hidden power (or whatever it is) of Oshawott's is?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I guess I'm the only one that thinks that they won't overlap pokemon, and just do three rounds and who ever wins 2 out of 3 is the winner.

Graham Aker

I guess I'm the only one that thinks that they won't overlap pokemon, and just do three rounds and who ever wins 2 out of 3 is the winner.

No, I'm also thinking the battle is gonna be setup similarly to the Ash/Reggie one. Of course this time though, Ash is obviously gonna lose.

I guess Oshawott will finally master Aqua Jet in the next episode. Of course, that couldn't have happened before the battle. They need to have Aqua jet screw up so Ash and Oshawott look like idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.