• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2-07 Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine! [THIS WEEK: SPECIAL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Someone would need to progress to the next round though, so how would that even work?

not really, when draws happen in tournaments generally someone gets a "bye" to the next round due to the fact they ain't got no one to face.

It just seems the best option at this point because let's face it, I don't see anything good coming out of either girl winning.

DMerle

Guess who's back
not really, when draws happen in tournaments generally someone gets a "bye" to the next round due to the fact they ain't got no one to face.

It just seems the best option at this point because let's face it, I don't see anything good coming out of either girl winning.

That would be stupid, someone just gets randomly kicked out?

gliscor&yanmega

Hm, with a coin?

I can't see that happening. While it would give a fair chance, it just wouldn't feel right to me. I always imagined if a draw would ever happen in a tournament it would simply result in another battle, of course that tie breaker could end in a tie itself, although then you add the fact this is fiction and such a case just wouldn't happen. Although I can't see a draw, I feel the writers try to avoid them at all costs.

Graham Aker

it's how tournaments work, if two people fight to a draw then their both out.

Why should Dawn be axed? She actually deserves to move on considering, y'know...she has an obedient Pokemon? But, with how the writers have thrown characters under the bus to show off how amazing Iris or her Pokemon are before, I wouldn't be surprised if Dawn lost here.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I can't see that happening. While it would give a fair chance, it just wouldn't feel right to me. I always imagined if a draw would ever happen in a tournament it would simply result in another battle, of course that tie breaker could end in a tie itself, although then you add the fact this is fiction and such a case just wouldn't happen. Although I can't see a draw, I feel the writers try to avoid them at all costs.

I was sarcastic, don't take my response seriously. XD
Anyway, I highly doubt that this fight will end in a draw. Even if there was a tie breaker, what would happen if even the other Pokémon fights end in a draw? A complete mess.

One girl has to win to avoid problems. Who? No idea.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Why should Dawn be axed? She actually deserves to move on considering, y'know...she has an obedient Pokemon? But, with how the writers have thrown characters under the bus to show off how amazing Iris or her Pokemon are before, I wouldn't be surprised if Dawn lost here.

If Iris wins, we get a potential repeat of what happened when Dawn beat May by a point in the wallace cup, and people outside her little fanbase will no doubt be critizing the capture of Dragonite even more unless someone can take it down.

If Dawn wins, the the Iris fanbase will be in an uproar, and she becomes a potential beatstick for Trip in an attempt to make him look like a credible threat which I don't want to see happen--

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
there's always riots, people who hate Dawn but love Iris will be mad that she lost to Dawn regardless of the circumstances and then we get the usual death banter I see around here--;

This is one of those fights that shouldn't happen, because no matter what we all lose.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Iris losing to Dawn is best for her and Dragonite's character development.

Rohanator

Stiiiiiilll think people should wait and see the 1st tourney episode before assuming that Dragonite is disobedient there too. Anyway Dawn winning and then facing Ash and Oshawott with Piplup seems like the most likely scenario. But I guess Krokorok evolving against Dragonite and winning with Outrage would make sense too if Iris wins again.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Stiiiiiilll think people should wait and see the 1st tourney episode before assuming that Dragonite is disobedient there too. Anyway Dawn winning and then facing Ash and Oshawott with Piplup seems like the most likely scenario. But I guess Krokorok evolving against Dragonite and winning with Outrage would make sense too if Iris wins again.
Why would we have to wait... the summary said that is the exact reason why Iris is even in this round in the first place

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac

It would be great if both Pokemon faint,their trainers are given Max Revives and continue the match until one's Pokemon win.

I can see Iris winning over Dawn in this battle, since she has a very powerful pokemon namely Dragonite on her side.

I can see Iris winning over Dawn in this battle, since she has a very powerful pokemon namely Dragonite on her side.

Excuse me, are you implying Mamoswine is weak? Mamoswine is a perfect Pokemon to lay down a dramatic blow on Dragonite's arrogant head(IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.