• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2-07 Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine! [THIS WEEK: SPECIAL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanator

What are you talking about? It's likely this match is 1 on 1, just like the first match against Georgia

What I mean is, Iris could very well do just as well in the tournament even if she didn't have a Dragonite. Everyone makes it seem that she's getting a cheap ticket to the 2nd and maybe even 3rd rounds(if she beats Dawn) by getting a Dragonite just before the tournament. But seriously, if Dragonite can beat Beartic and Mamoswine, Excadrill most likely could too, more easily even.

EDIT: If she WINS the whole tourney only using Dragonite, then I'll agree. But even then, since when has it been wrong to capture Pokemon that are strong from the get go? At least we are spared from waiting for a freaking Dratini to evolve + all of the speculation about whether it would even evolve or not.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Laziness isn't really a problem, everyone is lazy, everyone procrastinates.

That's great and all, but that still doesn't excuse the writers from completely ignoring it. They had enough sense to make it cost in her the movie, but completely swept it under the rug when it came to battling Stephan. Ultimately, he was thrown under the bus to glorify Iris.

With Langley, even though the Dragonite is disobedient...instead of it actually costing her the match, she's being allowed to move on in the tournament anyway. Once again shafting another recurring character for Iris' sake, that being her main rival at that.

If anything, I find Axew's Giga Impact the biggest BS so far.

But it's not like they handled Scraggy any differently so I can't really be mad.

As was learning Outrage, because ultimately it contributed to Iris winning a tournament she had no business winning in the first place. The move came out of nowhere, and had no prior buildup whatsoever. Winning the overall tournament meant nothing for her supposed goal, and was just done to glorify her. Now if you can give me any other reason why they had Iris win the Don Battle I'm all ears.

Scraggy learning HJK, was done outside of a tournament setting and through Scrafty. Focus Blast was indeed learned in a tournament setting, but Ash didn't go on to actually win the Donamite now did he? Focus blast wasn't treated as the be all, end all move. Most of the time Focus Blast was used it missed horribly, and the one time it did hit was established as luck. But, it's good that you can admit Giga Impact was BS, given the first time it was seen used..it hurt an Champions Pokemon.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
What I mean is, Iris could very well do just as well in the tournament even if she didn't have a Dragonite. Everyone makes it seem that she's getting a cheap ticket to the 2nd and maybe even 3rd rounds(if she beats Dawn) by getting a Dragonite just before the tournament. But seriously, if Dragonite can beat Beartic and Mamoswine, Excadrill most likely could too, more easily even.

EDIT: If she WINS the whole tourney only using Dragonite, then I'll agree. But even then, since when has it been wrong to capture Pokemon that are strong from the get go? At least we are spared from waiting for a freaking Dratini to evolve + all of the speculation about whether it would even evolve or not.
Oh, I thought that might of been what you meant, but I'm too cautious lately :/

Anyway, we know that Excadrill is not invincible (that's Crustle) and we know of only one battle Emolga was shown to be somewhat good in (given the advantage and overused move) and that was against Sawk, which has grown stronger since then...Emolga on the other hand, kinda just rots in her Pokeball

Oh, I thought that might of been what you meant, but I'm too cautious lately :/

Anyway, we know that Excadrill is not invincible (that's Crustle) and we know of only one battle Emolga was shown to be somewhat good in (given the advantage and overused move) and that was against Sawk, which has grown stronger since then...Emolga on the other hand, kinda just rots in her Pokeball

Emolga also beat Swadloon 5 seconds before he evolved.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Why are you so bias, just because you don't like Dawn doesn't mean she won't win... I mean Mamoswine has the obvious type advantage and Dragonite doesn't want to listen to Iris when it get's into it's Battle fury, which cause even the like of Charizard to lose back then
But Charizard's refusal to listen caused it to not battle, while Dragonite seems just as good at battling either way.

It's not that we're correcting you. It's that we find the fact of not withdrawing Fraxure a "excuse" to keep Axew as it is. I know quite well that animating another thing is quite hard. But wait... have you ever noticed that excluding battles or rapid actions characters are hardly drawn moving? They limit to the minimum movement, moving only the mouths most of the time. So... if many images are statics, recycled sequences (Attract, Drill Run and Quick Attack are proof of that) and loops, why can't they add Fraxure too? Hm...

Because having a big pokemon like Fraxure out in EVERY episode is not something that is possible. There's a reason why we've only had small pokemon walk outside, because they are easier to animate and it doesn't require drawing a huge pokemon walking next to Iris in EVERY episode.

Another reason is that Axew is a mascot for BW and Fraxure just isn't as marketable. Dragonite was given to Iris because it's powerful, it doesn't require being outside in every episode, and it's marketable unlike Fraxure.

I think Iris said she wanted Axew to evolve to a Haxorus, but that's probably just her way of saying she wants Axew to be stronger. Not that it's her immediate goal. And like HGH said, Axew is there for marketability purposes.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
People keep analyzing and disecting a kinds show where many things don't matter.It just has to be entertaining for kids.If I were seven,I would be peeing my pants in excitement...I would prob love the BW series.So,you should trim a big chunk of your rational side when dealing with this kind of show.

I was upset,I speculated a lot but I moved on...it ain't worth it.This show will never be like many of us want it to be.So,yeah...cheap things like Iris catching a Dragonite and Axew not evolving are alowed...in about two years,Iris will most likely be history and...you know the deal.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
That's great and all, but that still doesn't excuse the writers from completely ignoring it. They had enough sense to make it cost in her the movie, but completely swept it under the rug when it came to battling Stephan. Ultimately, he was thrown under the bus to glorify Iris.
For comedy purposes =/= actual tournament.

Laziness doesn't get solved by character development.

With Langley, even though the Dragonite is disobedient...instead of it actually costing her the match, she's being allowed to move on in the tournament anyway. Once again shafting another recurring character for Iris' sake, that being her main rival at that.
Iris is moving on, but she didn't win the battle - Dragonite did.

And like I said, Iris won't be happy about that win.

As was learning Outrage, because ultimately it contributed to Iris winning a tournament she had no business winning in the first place. The move came out of nowhere, and had no prior buildup whatsoever. Winning the overall tournament meant nothing for her supposed goal, and was just done to glorify her. Now if you can give me any other reason why they had Iris win the Don Battle I'm all ears.

Scraggy learning HJK, was done outside of a tournament setting and through Scrafty. Focus Blast was indeed learned in a tournament setting, but Ash didn't go on to actually win the Donamite now did he? Focus blast wasn't treated as the be all, end all move. Most of the time Focus Blast was used it missed horribly, and the one time it did hit was established as luck. But, it's good that you can admit Giga Impact was BS, given the first time it was seen used..it hurt an Champions Pokemon.
None of that changes the fact that Scraggy's development was sped up just as Axew's.

The only reason is Axew is being attacked is because of the win his Outrage brought to Iris in the Don Battle tournament.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Because having a big pokemon like Fraxure out in EVERY episode is not something that is possible. There's a reason why we've only had small pokemon walk outside, because they are easier to animate and it doesn't require drawing a huge pokemon walking next to Iris in EVERY episode.

Another reason is that Axew is a mascot for BW and Fraxure just isn't as marketable. Dragonite was given to Iris because it's powerful, it doesn't require being outside in every episode, and it's marketable unlike Fraxure.

I doubt Axew was marketable in the first place. It became so mainly thanks to the anime. I think Zorua would have had much more impact compared to Axew, since it appeared sooner. Why didn't you make a Dark Master, writers?

Anyway, I must partially agree with you. Fraxure is complicated to draw and in conseguence animate (I tested that personally) and Haxorus is even worse. But I wonder... if they had made sure that Axew was a "Pokéballed" mon, he would have had better chances of evolving?

But we're going off-topic. We'd better return discussing about the match.

so what other matchups are people hoping to see here? wouldn't mind trip vs the trainer with golett with trip using lampent. and maybe cilans stunfisk vs zebstrika.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So, Iris got another pokemon that doesn't obey her?

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about the battle's outcome. Iris may win as the writers' way to stabilish her as the new leading girl or Dawn may win so they can show Iris still has a long way to go.

thunderblade12

Just wondering, can Dawn defeat any character without people raging? Just for shits and giggles, I hope she's the first character to defeat an Elite 4 member or something ridiculous like that.

gliscor&yanmega

so what other matchups are people hoping to see here? wouldn't mind trip vs the trainer with golett with trip using lampent. and maybe cilans stunfisk vs zebstrika.

Would help knowing what rounds would be covered here. With more nobodies in the tournament the rounds could be faster. This could be round three for the entire episode, maybe with one battle from round 2. Regardless the match ups I'm predicting/wanting for rounds 2 and 3 are:

Round 2(Top 8)-1 vs 1
Ash vs Nobody
Boldore vs Cinccino-Boldore wins.

Iris vs Dawn
Dragonite vs Mamoswine-Mamoswine wins.

Cilan vs Burgundy
Stunfisk vs Darmanitan-Stunfisk wins.

Trip vs Nobody
Serperior vs Sawsbuck-Serperior wins.

Round 3(Top 4)-1 vs 1
Ash vs Dawn
Oshawott vs Piplup-Oshawott wins.

Trip vs Cilan
Conkeldurr vs Crustle-Conkeldurr wins.

I could care less what Pokemon the nobody Trip faces uses, although I would like Ash to battle the new debuts in this tournament so Cinccino and Reuniclus I'd like him to battle in round 1 and 2(Don't care which is for which round).

Squirtle_007

Just wondering, can Dawn defeat any character without people raging? Just for shits and giggles, I hope she's the first character to defeat an Elite 4 member or something ridiculous like that.

Well ... IIRC, people wanted to kill Iris a couple of weeks ago for being the first main character facing a champion (Cynthia, in this case).

People whine about everything these days.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Iris has another pokemon who disobeys her? How many times can the writers recycle the same plot in one saga? Anyway, I'm hoping that Iris cleans Dawn's clock.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

It's not DP, so I wouldn't mind any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.