• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2-07 Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine! [THIS WEEK: SPECIAL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
Someone needs to put this up with giant red letters:

IRIS VS DAWN IS NOT FINALS!

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
It makes me sick how people complain over this episode over on Bulbagarden.

If the anime depresses them SOOOO much, why do they even BOTHER with it? They might as well play more video games with that time....*face palm* Or read a book. This is pretty stupid.

But yeah I hope Dawn win's.

And Dragonite learn's. XD

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
And, yay for Charizard cloning. XD I'll always love Charizard the most, though...afterall, he made Ash. LIVE UP TO HIS NAME!!! lol...*smirk?**...*shrug*

*Laughs* Charizard cloning is right my dear. We have both Mamoswine and Dragonite. Two pokemon that has/had issues face each other. This would be so awesome if both Pokemon went of a rampage and started attacking each other without regard. That would be the best thing to see all month.

LadyTriox

*Laughs* Charizard cloning is right my dear. We have both Mamoswine and Dragonite. Two pokemon that has/had issues face each other. This would be so awesome if both Pokemon went of a rampage and started attacking each other without regard. That would be the best thing to see all month.
FINALLY, a POST about this episode thats actually POSITIVE. *ahem*

It'd be smoking hallerious. :D

Its amazing how both Iris and Dawn had Charizards......and also Pikachus (Emolga and Pachirissu).

Yeah I had to point it out boo hoo hoo life isn't perfect stop being soo childish.

>_<;

*eye roll's at you?*

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

That would be the scariest thing we would see! A dragon and a mammoth rampaging! Run for your life! *runs away*

G50

No longer posting
seriously? dragonite again? why not excadrill. excadrill vs mammoswine would of been great hopefully dawn wins this

Maybe Iris becomes overconfident and reliant on Dragonite to carry her through the tournament.

I also find it weird that only 16 participants are allowed. The League tournaments regularly have more than 100 participants, and those require Trainers to obtain eight badges first. Here there are absolutely no entry barriers and it's called the World tournament, yet only a measly 16 people may enter. I'm trying not to pass judgment, really, but it kinda decreases the hype. 16 participants =/= World. At least rename the blasted thing if you can't be bothered to write and animated more than 8 battles at the most o.o
As for the battle... Eh, I was hoping for the previous battle to end in Georgia's favor, but this result is all right too. Interested to see how Iris will cope with Dragonite's behavior, though I'm not thrilled about the implications behind its repeated use. Please let the Trainers use more than one Pokémon in the tournament x_x

Several of the Pokemon listed for the tournament (if that's why they were listed) are ones that are known to be owned by the rivals. (although it doesn't say who specifically owns them)

If they are in the tournament, there is the possibility that there is no requirement that everyone can only use the same Pokemon for each round.

LadyTriox

That would be the scariest thing we would see! A dragon and a mammoth rampaging! Run for your life! *runs away*
To think Dawn and Iris are like the 2 most adorable things to travel with Ash that wasn't his Pikachu....Cute little girls=Always the owners of the scariest beasts 8D

Girl Power 8D

And yes people I think Iris and Dawn are adorable X3;

Grey Wind

I'm hollering at the people who seem so surprised by this turn of events. Anyway, I really like Iris and Dawn, so I don't know who to root for. My gut tells me that Iris will win because she has more to prove, but Dawn seems to be a fan favorite.
I think it's extremely likely that Dawn will win. I don't see them bringing her back for this tournament just to have her lose in (what is likely) the second round. Plus, I think that they're definitely going to have a proper battle between her and Ash, so the tournament would be a perfect place for it.

Plus the fact that Dragonite seemingly has problems makes it less likely that she'll win two battles with it.

I can see Trip/Iris in the finals a lot easier than Ash/Trip.
... Really? Why would Iris make it to the finals against Trip? He's Ash's rival, having the two of them in the final wouldn't make any sense. Having Trip and Ash in the finals is the most logical outcome right now, considering the league is coming up and the prize is a battle against Alder. Iris has no place there at all.

(and no, they're not trying to glorify Iris, that's not a reason :s)

Please let the Trainers use more than one Pokémon in the tournament x_x
Well I doubt that they'd be nice enough to give a whole tournament to Leavanny, so I think it's safe to say that trainers can use more than one Pokemon. :p

I think it's nice that they're pitting Iris' currently disobedient Pokemon (Dragonite) against Dawn's previously disobedient Pokemon (Mamoswine). Hopefully Dawn will give her a few pointers or something.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
I think it's extremely likely that Dawn will win. I don't see them bringing her back for this tournament just to have her lose in (what is likely) the second round. Plus, I think that they're definitely going to have a proper battle between her and Ash, so the tournament would be a perfect place for it.
Plus the fact that Dragonite seemingly has problems makes it less likely that she'll win two battles with it.
... Really? Why would Iris make it to the finals against Trip? He's Ash's rival, having the two of them in the final wouldn't make any sense. Having Trip and Ash in the finals is the most logical outcome right now, considering the league is coming up and the prize is a battle against Alder. Iris has no place there at all.
(and no, they're not trying to glorify Iris, that's not a reason :s)
Well I doubt that they'd be nice enough to give a whole tournament to Leavanny, so I think it's safe to say that trainers can use more than one Pokemon. :p
I think it's nice that they're pitting Iris' currently disobedient Pokemon (Dragonite) against Dawn's previously disobedient Pokemon (Mamoswine). Hopefully Dawn will give her a few pointers or something.

If Dawn does give Iris some advice after the previous battle, maybe Dragonite does listen to Iris all of a sudden in the middle of the battle.

I wonder if iris is using dragonite again because she is forced to. maybe its a 1 pokemon only thing

I think this whole arc will be about making Iris the next Unova Champion.

- she obtains an extremely powerful Dragonite
- beats Georgia's ice type for the first round
- beats Dawn's ice type for the 2nd round
- defeats Ash for the semi-final?
- then Trip for the final?
- this enables Iris to challenge the current Champion
- and possibly wins?!
- due to certain issues Alder has to retire soon and chooses Iris as his Champion-apprentice, and is also trained by Drayden whom she also beats

Then the league is a separate issue. The winner of the League could face either Alder or Iris, depending on how fast Iris develops a full team. Either way, once Ash leaves Unova and Iris makes her cameo she will already be Unova's champion.

G50

No longer posting
I wonder if iris is using dragonite again because she is forced to. maybe its a 1 pokemon only thing

I think it's more likely that she uses it because she's relying on it to get through the tournament.

Unless the other revealed pokemon are not in the tournament, or are COTD's Pokemon, I don't think it's only one Pokemon used.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
So, it seems that the predicted Dawn vs. Iris match will take place after all. It makes sense, since we had a May vs. Dawn match last saga. I'm going to guess that Dawn wins and helps put Dragonite in its place for its first developmental step.

maxate7

Isn't there a video that shows Mamoswine vs. Pignite? Maybe Dawn does win and battles Ash or battles Ash prior to her battle with Iris

Janovy

Banned
Isn't there a video that shows Mamoswine vs. Pignite? Maybe Dawn does win and battles Ash or battles Ash prior to her battle with Iris
The Mamoswine VS Pignite happens in the Cilan detective episode.

At this point it wouldn't surpise me. The anime already treats Iris like a special snowflake anyway.

I don't think she is that special to the writers as we have seen in BW. But they have to make Iris a champion soon for game promotional purposes. The game developers apparently wanted Iris to be Champion for diversity reasons, so the anime has to follow through so people who are interested can buy the games.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So I'm guessing Iris vs Dawn takes place in the second round.

I want Dawn to win, but considering Dawn beat May last series, I wouldn't be surprised if Iris beat Dawn here. I wouldn't want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.