• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2-07 Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine! [THIS WEEK: SPECIAL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I get that the battles can go either way, since thats how 90% of every single battle known to this day can go but I see Iris losing, for the reasons I stated.

True Iris could lose this Tournament battle or she could win it, but we will just have to wait for more info to come out for this episode, to see who will win this Tournament battle.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Remember the first Don battle tournament, when we found out that Cilan and Trip will battle and EVERYONE assumed TRip will take him down hard and than we got a slap into the face and Cilan pulled of a win!

I think this will be a win for Iris as well! Disappointed already! :(

thunderblade12

Don't worry, if this is anything like the last tournament we'll know who wins before the first episode of the tournament even airs... All of the episode titles should have been released by then

Oh god, this is like May vs Dawn all over again. If Dawn ends up winning I don't know what I'll do

be happy because its the best outcome?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Iris should lose because it's Dawn's cameo and it makes no sense at all for Dawn to lose in the 2nd round and if Dawn probably already hasn't battled someone important yet. Besides Iris already won a tournament, she should lose early in this 1.

iris should lose because dragonite doesn't listen to her strategies. that way dawn can get her win against an important character and then lose to ash in the semi finals

Graham Aker

I still think Iris will win. If Ash vs Trip would be the final that would imply Dawn would have to go against Ash or Trip. Dawn is already having her practice battle with Ash, and they've always been portrayed as partners rather than serious competitors. As, for Trip...I just can't really see it happening either. With Iris he initially expressed an interest in battling her, so I could see the writers falling back on that as an excuse for Iris to advance past Dawn. Iris already advanced when she shouldn't have already with Langley, so what's stopping her from doing the same thing here?

I have a much easier time seeing Iris vs Trip in the finals rather than Ash vs Trip. The writers have no qualms about throwing characters under the bus for Iris' sake, even the main one. So really, I'm not surprised by the writers giving Iris a Dragonite right before a big tournament to justify her going far. That's the only reason it seemed to have been done in the first place.

Last edited:
yea ash and dawn are having a practice battle but they are obviously setting up for a piplup oshawott battle somewhere down the line. what better place then the tournament

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Going by this logic, May should've won the Wallace cup.
That was different though, they battled in the finals and this is only the 2nd round.
And Dawn needed that win anyways, Iris doesn't need to win, she already won 1 tournament, why does she even need to win another 1?

Lunanight

Going by this logic, May should've won the Wallace cup.

This. People think Dawn will go really far because it's her cameo, but Dawn beat May during the latter's cameo, and even then she didn't even knock Glaceon out. I'm sure Iris won't win that easily, but Mamoswine doesn't exactly have any feats which we care about.

I'm sure whoever wins this will lose in the round afterwards to whoever is still in that round.

Though I think Iris will win because, lets be honest here, coordinators are usually not as good at non-contest battles as they would be in contests (The only definite exception being Nando IMO, and that's because he is challenges gyms too). How often did Dawn actually knock out her opponent's pokemon in a contest battle? Usually the time ran out and she'd win on points, and that ain't exactly showing she is a strong trainer, it just shows that she can have her pokemon last five minutes. There is no time limit here so...

BTW, when is Burgundy going to defeat someone on-screen since she did lose every battles she was in? Though to be fair, her opponent's (Cilan, Ash, Iris and now Trip) ain't pushovers, but still...the girl needs a win, preferably over Cilan's Crustle...preferably without Crustle getting any wins in said battle. I just hope she puts up a fight against Trip and not being Serperior dominating the entire battle.

Last edited:

deoxys4ever

pokeshipper
there having trip defeat ash so ash can beat him in the unova league thats my guess of whats going too happen.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Don't worry, if this is anything like the last tournament we'll know who wins before the first episode of the tournament even airs... All of the episode titles should have been released by then

Speaking of which, aside from Newtype and Pokémon Fan Magazine, which other magazines spill out the titles?

Yeah probably, but I'd like to see Ash defeat Trip once before the league, like he defeated Paul with Staraptor.

he usually defeats his main rival once before the league, just not in a battle. he beat Gary in that race thing where he rode ponyta and beat Paul in the pokeringer. I'm expecting something similar with trip. a win in some sort of competition just not a battle

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Speaking of which, aside from Newtype and Pokémon Fan Magazine, which other magazines spill out the titles?

Pokemon Fan doesn't reveal titles, just upcoming events. Upcoming titles can be found in all kinds of TV guide magazines.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Comparing this tournament to the Wallace Cup really isn't fair and doesn't make that much sense.

The Wallace Cup was a chance to bring back May and showcase Wallace, a character who never appeared in AG, and also to show contests on a much larger scale than we'd seen before outdside of a Grand Festival. May was also the perfect choice to showcase Glaceon, who wound up being Dawn and Piplup's final opponent. Most importantly the cup was the apex of a long-running arc in which Dawn had twice failed to make it through the appeal round, even after trading for Aipom/Ambipom who seemed like a secret weapon at that time. That arc was designed to bring Dawn back out of her losing streak by giving her the most significant win they could; they didn't want her to defeat Zoey so early, so they brought back May to be her opponent and idol. People whinge because Dawn was a newbie but she was using her strong starter pokemon against a newly evolved pokemon who had only been born in the middle of the previous arc and was hardly May's strongest. A four-episode arc to bring back May just so she could steamroll everyone and win a ribbon we would NEVER see the benefit of because we'd never see her Johto Grand Festival... that would be fun but pointless. Giving the win to Dawn was absolutely right, and the Wallace Cup was a perfect culmination for a pretty dark period in Dawn's character arc (by this show's standards at least) in which she was very depressed and had considered quitting altogether. May was hardly useless, after all she made it to the final and knocked Zoey out of the competition. Unfortunately, everyone turned this well thought-out arc into a competition for who was the writers' favourite and tried to use May's experience as the sole excuse for her winning even though that doesn't hold up at all in this case. Piplup won the battle and Dawn finally gained back her self-esteem as well as winning a long-awaited second ribbon. That's all there is to it.

This World Tournament, and obviously we don't know everything to expect just yet, isn't the same deal. The prize is apparently a chance to battle Alder. That's a big deal for anybody but it's not a crucial stepping stone like a badge or a ribbon is, taking you a percentage closer to the regional competition. After this arc, we won't have a tangible item which makes the winner any more qualified. No matter who wins, Ash still goes to the Unova League. That's not a problem, because there should be character development aplenty and some really cool battles. It doesn't immediately affect the progression of the template-based story arc, so the important thing in this battle will be which character logically should win. Two crucial things to consider;

1. Dawn has returned for a reason. May came back partly to showcase a bunch of evolutions on her team and to update us on her progress, and in the Wallace Cup she defeated Zoey which a talented coordinator needed to do. Most importantly she was the worthy opponent Dawn had to defeat in order to believe in herself again. Dawn was chosen to come back at this specific point for a reason. It might purely be "hey, let's bring that popular character back after more than a year away" but they could have chosen somebody else. She's the most logical choice for Cynthia to bring along though- they kinda saved the world together that one time.
2. This Iris arc in this tournament revolves around her specific relationship with a single pokemon. We know she'll defeat Georgia, her rival, using Dragonite. This is a huge step for her. However, Dragonite will then have to battle Mamoswine, Dawn's most battle-orientated pokemon and one of few which can physically rival a behemoth like Dragonite, not to mention having a type advantage and having been trained extensively from being a disobedient pokemon in the past.

It is clear that Dawn was brought back primarily to be a worthy opponent for Iris in this major character development arc (as May was to Dawn before, and there's no shame in that) and which of the two wins will vary based on a few factors; whichever of them wins this round will subsequently be in the Top 4 for the Junior Cup. This makes it possible that one of them will go on to battle Ash or Trip, both of whom are guaranteed a place in the final as far as I can tell, or possibly Cilan or Burgundy. And if either of them battles Ash or Trip, I think it unlikely that they would win because as much as Iris is being developed in this Dragonite plot I can't see her eclipsing Ash in a tournament like this or being the one who gets an official battle against Alder. Like, can you imagine if Brock had battled Palmer instead of Ash? I fully expect the final of this tournament to be between Ash and Trip, so one of the two will knock the winner of this battle out in the next round. I can see Iris battling and losing to Trip or Ash, while Dawn will probably battle against Ash if she wins.

I could be entirely wrong.

But the stuff I said earlier about comparing this to the Wallace Cup, that stuff's legit. No bollocks there.

SuperSonic

The writers sure know how to keep throwing curveballs out at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.