• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2-07 Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine! [THIS WEEK: SPECIAL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remmie

Going by this logic, May should've won the Wallace cup.

Well she used her Glaceon which evolved not too long ago and it was against Piplup. Piplup had the advantage since they had water next to them, otherwise he would have fall asleep to that Secret Power attack.

Rohanator

Giving Iris a strong Pokemon right before a tournament and having her advance at least one round with it might seem a little cheap, but think of it this way: What would she use against Beartic if Dragonite wasn't around, most likely Excadrill who has a type advantage and would just get an easier win, theoretically speaking. I doubt this Dragonite is much stronger than Excadrill who she has trained for a very long time. So she could do just as well without D-nite imo.

Judgement

Well she used her Glaceon which evolved not too long ago and it was against Piplup. Piplup had the advantage since they had water next to them, otherwise he would have fall asleep to that Secret Power attack.

If you looked at the post I quoted it said "Iris should lose because it's Dawn's cameo" which is pretty much the same as saying "Dawn should lose because it's May's cameo".

Janovy

Banned
It is so sad seeing people who are too close-minded to see the beyond the 'OMG IRIS GETS A PSEUDO-LEGENDARY' crap. Because if they would, they would realize that Iris is using Dragonite twice. Why? She wants to help him, she wants to help herself, she wants to learn and grow into becoming a Dragon Master. Look guys, Iris is actively doing something for both herself, her Pokémon and her goal, she's actively developing while doing her best to establish a connection with Dragonite. She knows that Dragonite has some problems, but she isn't giving up.

She's working on her problems instead of sitting around and waiting for them to magically get solved by themselves.

And I don't see anyone in here appreciating that.

It's just sad that people are so close-minded.

dman_dustin

I still think Iris will win. If Ash vs Trip would be the final that would imply Dawn would have to go against Ash or Trip. Dawn is already having her practice battle with Ash, and they've always been portrayed as partners rather than serious competitors. As, for Trip...I just can't really see it happening either. With Iris he initially expressed an interest in battling her, so I could see the writers falling back on that as an excuse for Iris to advance past Dawn. Iris already advanced when she shouldn't have already with Langley, so what's stopping her from doing the same thing here?

I have a much easier time seeing Iris vs Trip in the finals rather than Ash vs Trip. The writers have no qualms about throwing characters under the bus for Iris' sake, even the main one. So really, I'm not surprised by the writers giving Iris a Dragonite right before a big tournament to justify her going far. That's the only reason it seemed to have been done in the first place.

Look at past examples of tournaments with the beginning titles.

In the Club Battle tournament the first two focused on Ash well the 2nd title did, as it turned out the Finals were catered around to Ash.

In the Clubsplosion NONE of the first three titles focused on the people who went to the finals.

Since Iris is being focused on these beginning titles, odds are, she's not going to be in the finals (though there is that chance since Ash did go to the finals in the Club Battle) but she's definitely not going to win the tournament (as neither did Ash or Bianca).

This of course the "pattern" continues, this could be the first tournament where the titles are relevant to the overall focus of the tournament.

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii
It is so sad seeing people who are too close-minded to see the beyond the 'OMG IRIS GETS A PSEUDO-LEGENDARY' crap. Because if they would, they would realize that Iris is using Dragonite twice. Why? She wants to help him, she wants to help herself, she wants to learn and grow into becoming a Dragon Master. Look guys, Iris is actively doing something for both herself, her Pokémon and her goal, she's actively developing while doing her best to establish a connection with Dragonite. She knows that Dragonite has some problems, but she isn't giving up.

She's working on her problems instead of sitting around and waiting for them to magically get solved by themselves.

Well she could have done all of that with Axew and if she would have actually took time out to focus, train and develop Axew, she would have Fraxure right now on its way to being Haxorus.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
The thing is, that can also be easily corrupted into "They are showcasing Dragonite because it has two different sets of merchandise coming in October", depending on how things will turn out, rather than how things should turn out.

Janovy

Banned
Well she could have done all of that with Axew and if she would have actually took time out to focus, train and develop Axew, she would have Fraxure right now on its way to being Haxorus.
Except Iwane (animator) has already expressed the difficulty of animating Fraxure so Axew will most likely not evolve until the end of BW.

Axew is growing stronger either way, without evolving.

dman_dustin

Which is all fine and dandy, but if Dragonite's issues get resolved too quickly then there would've been no reason for it to have problems in the first place. Like Emolga's lazy attitude.

If Iris does lose against Dawn then you're 100% right, then Iris can continue to focus on Dragonite to overcome its issues. Which is why losing is beneficial to Iris's character. Unlike winning a tournament with a disobedient Pokemon which is very detrimental to her development.

But....we all know how Iris's Pokemon problems are handled......

Except Iwane (animator) has already expressed the difficulty of animating Fraxure so Axew will most likely not evolve until the end of BW.

Axew is growing stronger either way, without evolving.

Somehow an evolved Pokemon which looks nearly identical to its pre-evolved form with the strongest difference merely being the colors, is somehow makes it how harder to animate?

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Which is all fine and dandy, but if Dragonite's issues gets resolved too quickly then there would've been no reason for it to have problems. Like Emolga's lazy attitude.
Laziness isn't really a problem, everyone is lazy, everyone procrastinates.

If Iris does lose against Dawn then you're 100% right, then Iris can continue to focus on Dragonite to overcome its issues.
I believe that, since Iris is getting two titles focused on her, that she will lose the second battle, just like happened with Georgia in the last tournament. She was featured in two titles but lost the second battle.

But....we all know how Iris's Pokemon problems are handled......
And how are they handled? Excadrill's "problem" only really took one episode since it wasn't like Charizard problem. Emonga doesn't really have a problem, she's just lazy and that's a characteristic, not a problem. And Axew learned Dragon Rage legitimately, he trained and trained.

If anything, I find Axew's Giga Impact the biggest BS so far.

But it's not like they handled Scraggy any differently so I can't really be mad.

Somehow an evolved Pokemon which looks nearly identical to its pre-evolved form with the strongest difference merely being the colors, is somehow makes it how harder to animate?
Axew is a mascot.

If they evolved him, they'd have to keep him animating outside of Iris's hair since a Fraxure is obviously much heavier than Axew so she can't keep him inside. Thus, he'd be forced to walk around the whole time, which, would cost money to draw and animate, I guess.

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue

Actually Fraxure's fangs are hard to draw in all his global while moving and all that.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
If they evolved him, they'd have to keep him animating outside of Iris's hair since a Fraxure is obviously much heavier than Axew so she can't keep him inside. Thus, he'd be forced to walk around the whole time, which, would cost money to draw and animate, I guess.

What? It already costs them money to keep Oshawott and Piplup out all the time including Pikachu, so why would it be a problem just for them to draw a Fraxure? That shouldn't be an excuse for it not to evolve.

An00bis

Wicked Witch

Somehow I don't feel that Iris just so happening to catch the Pokemon that carries her through the first round of the Tournament the episode before the Tournament begins is any different.

In fact, it seems the very definition.

If they evolved him, they'd have to keep him animating outside of Iris's hair since a Fraxure is obviously much heavier than Axew so she can't keep him inside.

... except that characters have carried around much larger Pokemon. Ash carried a 150 pound Larvitar in his arms with absolutely no problem and Max carried 230 pound Munchlax around. Fraxure's only 80 pounds: just 40 pounds heavier then Axew.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
... except that characters have carried around much larger Pokemon. Ash carried a 150 pound Larvitar in his arms with absolutely no problem and Max carried 230 pound Munchlax around. Fraxure's only 80 pounds: just 40 pounds heavier then Axew.

Just? JUST?! Oh I only have 80 pound on MY HAIR... No big deal. Please... I know that anime logical may be unbelievable sometimes but not THAT unbelievable to put Iris in such pain.

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I would find kinda weird seeing a Pokémon as big as Fraxure riding on Iris' hair... hey, I should draw that!

*takes out a blank page and starts scribbling on it*

Eheheh... oh, and funny note: hair as a whole can support the weight of two elephants. I can't say the same thing for human muscles...

Janovy

Banned
You know, you guys don't have to correct ME. I was just letting you know what Iwane said. If you want to complain, go on his blog and annoy him with your crappy comments because they're of no use to me.

Here's what it said:

He mentioned that Axew evolving isn't ruled out, but it's not happening anytime soon because the animators would lose the easiness of animating Axew tucked into Iris' hair. The alternative would be either have Fraxure constantly around (which is more difficult to animate) or stuff him in a Poke-Ball (which would be bizarre behavior for Iris since she's never used a Poke-Ball for Axew before and doing so just because it evolved would be a little off.)

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
You know, you guys don't have to correct ME. I was just letting you know what Iwane said. If you want to complain, go on his blog and annoy him with your crappy comments because they're of no use to me.

It's not that we're correcting you. It's that we find the fact of not withdrawing Fraxure a "excuse" to keep Axew as it is. I know quite well that animating another thing is quite hard. But wait... have you ever noticed that excluding battles or rapid actions characters are hardly drawn moving? They limit to the minimum movement, moving only the mouths most of the time. So... if many images are statics, recycled sequences (Attract, Drill Run and Quick Attack are proof of that) and loops, why can't they add Fraxure too? Hm...

Rohanator

Somehow I don't feel that Iris just so happening to catch the Pokemon that carries her through the first round of the Tournament the episode before the Tournament begins is any different.

In fact, it seems the very definition.

I wouldn't say it carries her through the match, she could very well win with Excadrill or maybe even Emolga.

Status
Not open for further replies.