• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2-07 Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine! [THIS WEEK: SPECIAL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn it that Dragonite must be Arceus in disguise!! xD I can remember the last time hyperbeam was used....and I don't think Hurricane will be used in the anime since they don't used move that represent natural disasters!!

that's just earthquake moves because of the earthquakes in Japan. they don't have hurricanes (i think) so would have no reason not to use it anymore and it was used not that long ago . and hyper bean was last used by homikas garbodor

G50

No longer posting
I think Iris winning here is a bit too much for this tournament. :(

Dawn really should have won imo

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
So that wasn't venoshock?

Fissure and Magnitude also have been banned from the anime!!

Thanks for clearing by doubts!! You guys rock!! :3

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So that wasn't venoshock?

Fissure and Magnitude also have been banned from the anime!!

Thanks for clearing by doubts!! You guys rock!! :3

The green blast was Venoshock. The red beam that collided with Hydro Pump was Hyperbeam...

Judgement

Iris killing everything with an overpowered Dragonite is good writing? Really?
No it's pretty darn bad, but if it's for the sake of having Iris beat Dawn I'm OK with it. From a meta perspective, having Dawn beat 2 other heroines would be even more horrible. Therefore I'm content if Iris wins, no matter what ******** excuse they pull.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
No it's pretty darn bad, but if it's for the sake of having Iris beat Dawn I'm OK with it. From a meta perspective, having Dawn beat 2 other heroines would be even more horrible. Therefore I'm content if Iris wins, no matter what ******** excuse they pull.

I really wouldn't see it like that. Mamoswine should have been able to beat Dragonite, I don't care if it means Dawn beat another heroine. Iris should have been taken down a peg and now it makes you wonder why they even brought Dawn back for this tournament in the first place.

Judgement

Iris should have been taken down a peg and now it makes you wonder why they even brought Dawn back for this tournament in the first place.
For the same reason they brought back Cynthia; fanservice. What else? It's either that or to become a stepping stone for the current heroine.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
For the same reason they brought back Cynthia; fanservice. What else? It's either that or to become a stepping stone for the current heroine.

The difference is May's inclusion made far more sense and we got to see her beat Zoey, a character Dawn never beat. Not to mention she made it into the finals.

Dawn loses in only the second round, against an overpowered Dragonite. Uh...yeah.

The difference is May's inclusion made far more sense and we got to see her beat Zoey, a character Dawn never beat. Not to mention she made it into the finals.

Dawn loses in only the second round, against an overpowered Dragonite. Uh...yeah.

I don't see what the issue is. Dragonite is strong, therefore Dawn losing makes sense. And your question about why Dawn came back....well the answer is PIPLUP.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I really wouldn't see it like that. Mamoswine should have been able to beat Dragonite, I don't care if it means Dawn beat another heroine. Iris should have been taken down a peg and now it makes you wonder why they even brought Dawn back for this tournament in the first place.

What effect exactly did Misty have on the plot when she returned in Hoenn? They don't always bring characters back so they can do something major for the plot; sometimes they just come back so that we can actually see old characters again. Most people aren't worried about the fact that Dawn loses in the second round, just that we actually get to see her again like with Misty and May.

I don't even have the mental capacity to argue about Dragonite now, I just posted a huge rant in the other thread.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
What effect exactly did Misty have on the plot when she returned in Hoenn? They don't always bring characters back so they can do something major for the plot; sometimes they just come back so that we can actually see old characters again. Most people aren't worried about the fact that Dawn loses in the second round, just that we actually get to see her again like with Misty and May.

I don't even have the mental capacity to argue about Dragonite now, I just posted a huge rant in the other thread.

She released Togetic.

Once I learned that Iris gets a Dragonite I thought it was obvious she was going to win this tournament. It feels like the writers had to rush in the Dragonite to have something to build the filler around irrespective of other factors. Personally I think this is how Iris bows out of the cast, because of something that happens in the Junior Cup, and makes it more likely Cilan will be the one who follows Ash in whatever arc comes after Unova.

thunderblade12

I give up on Iris. They've handled her development poorly and it can't be fixed. And no, I'm not annoyed that she beat Dawn, In fact I'm more annoyed that she beat Georgia. Her ONLY rival. Dragonite being obedient enough to win her yet another battle is just the final straw for me.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I give up on Iris. They've handled her development poorly and it can't be fixed. And no, I'm not annoyed that she beat Dawn, In fact I'm more annoyed that she beat Georgia. Her ONLY rival. Dragonite being obedient enough to win her yet another battle is just the final straw for me.

Same. Iris was my second favorite female lead but now, yeah I give up as well. I don't care what happens to her any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.