• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2-09: Junior Cup Encounter and Farewell! [FIRST POST UPDATED 8/28!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
From 2chan:

9/6「別れと出会いのジュニアカップ!」
ポケモンワールドトーナメントジュニアカップで優勝したシューティーは、
念願のイッシュ地方チャンピオン・アデクと戦う権利を得た。アデクが繰り
出すバッフロンに対し、シューティーはジャローダで挑む。自分の強さを
アデクに証明するため、バッフロンを研究し尽くして万全の態勢で仕掛ける
シューティー。対するアデクは、チャンピオンとしてシューティーのすべてを
受け止める。
冨岡淳広 浅田裕二 川田武範 岩根雅明

BW093: 別れと出会いのジュニアカップ!
Translation: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!
Airing on: September 6, 2012

Episode staff:
Screenplay: 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard: 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Assistant director: 川田武範 (Takenori Kawada)

Animation director: 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
"The Junior Cup, Site of Partings and Encounters!"

"Shootie, the winner of the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup, has been granted his long-desired right to battle Isshu Region Champion Adeku. Adeku sends out Buffron, and Shootie answers with Jalorda. Wanting to prove his strength to Adeku, Shootie has throughly prepared himself by studying up on Buffron in advance. As a true champion, however, Adeku takes everything Shootie dishes out."

Links to summary scans(in case of any debate of legitimacy) : BWS207, BWS208, BWS209

Edit(20th August 2012): Recent summary: Here.
Translation: The winner of the Junior Cup challenges Champion Alder! Also, Ash and Dawn have their first battle...!

Edit 2: New Scans(28th August 2012):
Summary.
Scan for September episodes.

Edit 3: Better verison of scan for September episodes.

New summaries:
1) Trip VS Alder, an unexpected outcome!
Trip, the winner of the Junior Cup, battles Champion Alder's Bouffalant with his Serperior. Trip has fully studied Bouffalant's Ability and weaknesses, but...

2) Trip, the winner of the Junior Cup, is in flawless condition when he challenges Alder, the Champion of the Unova region, to a battle to prove his strength. Meanwhile, Ash challenges Dawn to a battle between Pikachu and Quilava, who both know each other very well (or Ash and Dawn do? Or both?).

3) Dawn sets off towards a new land of adventures!

4) Trip challenges Alder [shortened]. An unexpected result is awaiting...

Edit 4:

I hear my presence has been requested.
Summary and voice cast

Edit 5: TVTokyo trailer.

Last edited:
interesting. so trip definitely beats ash. nice to get confirmation on what we all knew. could the farewell be dawn?

Haunter ゴースト

Ugh, I know this is good development for when Ash finally defeats Trip at the league, but i'm too annoyed by this. I'd have much preferred them both to draw in the tournament final and had a tag team battle against Alder where they still both lost.

Ash is a great trainer but the writers make him so weak, most of his wins are with the help of an evolution or new move and I can't tolerate it anymore. It happens every saga but this saga has definetly portrayed him as his weakest point. This isn't all because of his Trip rivalry either, it's been with him losing to plenty of trainers in BW.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ugh, I know this is good development for when Ash finally defeats Trip at the league, but i'm too annoyed by this. I'd have much preferred them both to draw in the tournament final and had a tag team battle against Alder where they still both lost.

Ash is a great trainer but the writers make him so weak, most of his wins are with the help of an evolution or new move and I can't tolerate it anymore. It happens every saga but this saga has definetly portrayed him as his weakest point. This isn't all because of his Trip rivalry either, it's been with him losing to plenty of trainers in BW.

Even good trainers lose sometimes. Please do not prejudge things when we lack information.

FierceIris

Dragon Master
Woah, could this actually mean that Dawn will leave in this episode? That'd be surprising.

''Meetings''? New rival? *HintHintNudgeNudge*

Haunter ゴースト

Here's the info:

BW093: 別れと出会いのジュニアカップ!
Translation: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!
Airing on: September 6, 2012

Episode staff:
Screenplay: 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard: 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Assistant director: 川田武範 (Takenori Kawada)
Animation director: 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)

Even good trainers lose sometimes. Please do not prejudge things when we lack information.

Yeah I know that, but 'sometimes' isn't the case here unfortunately. It happens throughout all of the sagas until the very end, and the very end only ever lasts for 10/20 episodes before the regional reboot of Ash's strength and mentality.

Ash is my favourite character and a brilliant protagonist, I just wish he was given a tonne of reasonable wins to level out the mass of times he loses.

ok I put the summary into Google translate to get a rough idea and got the usual nonsense but it does seem to be bouffolant vs serperior

G50

No longer posting
Serperior vs Bouffalant...

It just had to be that same Pokemon of Alder's... :(

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Wow, I can't belive Trip wins the battle. Finally happy ending begins.....

Serperior vs Bouffalant...

It just had to be that same Pokemon of Alder's... :(

and that's a problem how? we have yet to see the thing in a proper battle

G50

No longer posting
and that's a problem how? we have yet to see the thing in a proper battle

Bouffalant has been in a number of episodes, it would've been nice to have a different Pokemon this time.

Bouffalant has been in a number of episodes, it would've been nice to have a different Pokemon this time.

but we haven't seen Alders in a proper match yet. I for one an glad to see it again

Haunter ゴースト

Another thing that annoys me is how Ash hasn't won any of these tournaments. I highly doubt he's gonna win the league and i'd be surprised if we get another Club Battle Tournament.

He should have won the first Club Battle Tournament. There was no major threat in that tournament, and Iris didn't gain anything special developmentwise from winning besides Axew learning Outrage which it never used again. Ash should have won there and him losing now wouldn't seem bad at all.

FierceIris

Dragon Master
I'm glad Trip wins this tournament, he needs the victory more than Ash, especially since he's caught up in this whole drama with Alder, wheras Ash isn't. It'll be nice to see them battle again.

If this episode will only consist of the contination of Ash and Trip's Final Battle + the battle between Alder and Trip there'll surely be quite a lot of time left, which could mean that the gang are actually taking farewell to Dawn. It'd make sense to me, although I'm just throwing out random speculations.

I'm wondering who we encounter and if Dawn leaves this episode...

Oshawott and Piplup are still in a rivalry.

We're boned next reunion.

do we know bouffolants ability? id Love for it to have sap supper

G50

No longer posting

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Really building up hate!
Hate for Trip beating Ash again.
and Hate if Dawn leaves without doing anything great and not resolving Piplup-Oshawott story! :(

Trip beating Ash here is the usual but I just hope he doesn't use Pikachu!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
do we know bouffolants ability? id Love for it to have sap supper

I support this glorious idea with all of my brain cells. That would be the best trolling for Trip and a great way to show him not depend on power alone too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.