• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how everyone automatically assumes its Trips serperior. It's not like its the only one in the world

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Trip! I want a rematch! Even though I just got serverly battered ealrier with basicly the second most effective pokemon I have against your serperior! NO need to worry, I've got this like a beast!"

I sense a loss, or serve hax on static and iron tail.
Static+electro ball. xD

100% legit conversation just watch!

True, but it's still a strange coincidence that this too has Dragon Tail.

it most likely is Trips its just everyone was talking like it was the only possibility. If it is Trips then I wonder if it is league and he gets an early knockout

shelldude400

it most likely is Trips its just everyone was talking like it was the only possibility. If it is Trips then I wonder if it is league and he gets an early knockout

Maybe Ash quickly defeats some CotD's like the tournaments.. and then starts off a vs. Trip episode?
It might be one of the half-ways as three of Ash's pokemon need revenge on the snake :p

So this is the start of the league in some way?

Darn, I was hoping maybe for the league to hold off until January/February, now it seems likely that's when the league will end.

And really writers, Serperior vs Pikachu? Do you not realize that Trip and Ash have OTHER POKEMON?

What other Pokemon?

I would have loved to see Ash use Muk against Serperior. That would have been better than overused Pikachu.

dman_dustin

What other Pokemon?

I don't know maybe Conkeldurr getting a win. Or maybe Ash uses Palpitoad, or Oshawott (since it hasn't had a win since Clay, although Palpitoad needs a win more)

I got to say if this isn't part of the league and it is some Don George hosted 4 episode tournament, then Ash losing the first round, and Trip somehow making it to the finals and wins again? Now that's just not right.

I really hope this is a full battle two parter, that Ash barely loses (well Trip can still have two Pokemon left), and then we'll have four more random episodes until the league.

gohan5

Irisboy
So this is the start of the league in some way?

Darn, I was hoping maybe for the league to hold off until January/February, now it seems likely that's when the league will end.

And really writers, Serperior vs Pikachu? Do you not realize that Trip and Ash have OTHER POKEMON?

This isn't necessarily the league, we don't know yet. It's odd that he'd face Trip so early anyway. Could very well be the freaking Lake Acuity type battle some people have been griping about for the longest.

dman_dustin

This isn't necessarily the league, we don't know yet. It's odd that he'd face Trip so early anyway. Could very well be the freaking Lake Acuity type battle some people have been griping about for the longest.

I didn't mean that this was the beginning of the league and this battle was official and if Ash loses he's no longer in the league, but a big non evolution variation of the episode where Ash's Cyndaquil evolved. Only involved Ash battling against Trip before the league. Perhaps some indication that Trip and Ash won't battle because Ash has his plate full already.

gohan5

Irisboy
I didn't mean that this was the beginning of the league and this battle was official and if Ash loses he's no longer in the league, but a big non evolution variation of the episode where Ash's Cyndaquil evolved. Only involved Ash battling against Trip before the league. Perhaps some indication that Trip and Ash won't battle because Ash has his plate full already.

But I don't see what that has to do with the league, Cyndaquil evolved fighting Team Rocket before the league. There wasn't a rival battle right before the league with Cyndaquil included. In any event we can't tell what's happening other than Pikachu vs Serperior.

dman_dustin

But I don't see what that has to do with the league, Cyndaquil evolved fighting Team Rocket before the league. There wasn't a rival battle right before the league with Cyndaquil included. In any event we can't tell what's happening other than Pikachu vs Serperior.

The Unova League is taking place in Higaki City.

What I'm saying is this episode is involved in training and battling in Higaki City, like how Cyndaquil evolved in the area where the Sinnoh League took place.

Thus the following episode actually began the league.

I never said that Cyndaquill was in a battle prior to the league, I didn't mean to imply the situations were similar but the setting of said events are similar.

[Cyndaquil evolved in the place where the Sinnoh League took place prior to the actual league began.

Pikachu is battling Serperior in Higaki City PRIOR to the league beginning.]

gohan5

Irisboy
The Unova League is taking place in Higaki City.

What I'm saying is this episode is involved in training and battling in Higaki City, like how Cyndaquil evolved in the area where the Sinnoh League took place.

Thus the following episode actually began the league.

I never said that Cyndaquill was in a battle prior to the league, I didn't mean to imply the situations were similar but the setting of said events are similar.

[Cyndaquil evolved in the place where the Sinnoh League took place prior to the actual league began.

Pikachu is battling Serperior in Higaki City PRIOR to the league beginning.]

Now that is more clear and makes a lot more sense than before, however I still have doubts that this is like a kickoff of sorts for the league. Why would they have any reason to fight right before it? There's just too much left unknown to make a judgment like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.