• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
I didn't say they couldn't be used, i just want his reserves to be used also, plus ash has far to many pokemon to neglect now.

In all seriously, most of Ash's reserves had three battles max so they really need the league to shine. The starters and Scraggy tend to take alot of screentime from them. They are good enough to have the league to themselves. Yes they have been taken down by overpowered Pokemon but they are strong enough to get him far. In fact, everybody except Pikachu needs it....

I didn't say they couldn't be used, i just want his reserves to be used also, plus ash has far to many pokemon to neglect now.

Oh, like all the Pokemon we have in the PC boxes, don't be hypercritical

Janovy

Banned
I can't see Ash beating Trip now since Serperior has been established as too much of a threat. Pikachu's electric moves can't do much damage either so I don't see how Pikachu can win. On the other hand, I can't see Serperior losing either since having Ash's "main rival" dropping in the first round after his Serperior literally ONE-HIT-KO-ed every single Pokémon in Junior Cup since that would be far from believable.

I believe this is just a warm up fight or something.

Trip has started to change a little by the end of Junior Cup, he seemed nicer, so I don't see why he'd refuse a battle against Ash.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
About the League and earlier episodes, important to note:
-The League isn't happening in three months real time, it's happening in five months real time. Although you have to remember that 3/4 weeks we don't have episodes of Pokemon. The League was anounced three months in 21st June, and is happening in 22th November at the earliest. The information that we know is that it's happening soon after the Virgil episode (a rival), and is happening before the Pokemon fan magazine release, and is in December.
-The rivals are Trip, Bianca, Stephan, Kotetsu and Virgil. It's almost obvious that Burgundy and Georgia isn't going to participate before.
-We know that the league is in Higaki City. I think that Drayden see to Ash where is the league.
-Because we alrady have 2 months to it, we don't have the number of participants, the rounds, the type of battles and the match-up. We Know that during the League episodes happened.
-The Eevee trainer, unlike Kotetsu, appears to bethat type of Trainer that Ash can lost. I think that the rivals are defeated by Ash, or themselves.

Edit: The Trip vs Ash is confirmed to happen. This isn't likely to be in the first round or something, the battle with happen at tthe final round and I almost sure that will a full battle.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I can't see Ash beating Trip now since Serperior has been established as too much of a threat. Pikachu's electric moves can't do much damage either so I don't see how Pikachu can win. On the other hand, I can't see Serperior losing either since having Ash's "main rival" dropping in the first round after his Serperior literally ONE-HIT-KO-ed every single Pokémon in Junior Cup since that would be far from believable.

Actually given the fact that serperior's speed is the problem, Pikachu's probably the best option to fight it due to static, not to mention Fire pokemon are supposed to resist grass moves, that didn't happen so I could care less about resistances.

Trip has started to change a little by the end of Junior Cup, he seemed nicer, so I don't see why he'd refuse a battle against Ash.

Why would Ash challenge him right when the league's about to start? Does that make sense at all? No it does not.

Janovy

Banned
Why would Ash challenge him right when the league's about to start? Does that make sense at all? No it does not.
Hey, let's have a warm-up fight before the League?

Makes sense to me.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
In all seriously, most of Ash's reserves had three battles max so they really need the league to shine. The starters and Scraggy tend to take alot of screentime from them. They are good enough to have the league to themselves. Yes they have been taken down by overpowered Pokemon but they are strong enough to get him far. In fact, everybody except Pikachu needs it....

Yeahh cool, just ask that to torterra, muk, totodile, bayleaf, glalie and kingler who desperatly needs redemption.

And need i remind you of gible.

Oh, like all the Pokemon we have in the PC boxes, don't be hypercritical

OMG! i don't care seriously, half of ash's unova team is a disgrace, i mean have you seen ash's unova team? half of them are pc rotters and the rest are unevolved babys, why would you want to bring that to the league?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Hey, let's have a warm-up fight before the League?

Makes sense to me.

Not to me cause they ain't on friendly enough terms to do that.

If Pikachu can't beat Serperior, then no one else Ash has right now can either, he'd have to call his reserves to beat it and trip's other pokemon, do you want that?

Janovy

Banned
If Pikachu can't beat Serperior, then no one else Ash has right now can either, he'd have to call his reserves to beat it and likely maim trip's other pokemon, do you want that?
Imo, not one of Ash's Unova Pokémon can beat Serperior unless they weaken him.

Other than that, I see no way for Pikachu to beat Serperior. :/

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Imo, not one of Ash's Unova Pokémon can beat Serperior unless they weaken him.

Other than that, I see no way for Pikachu to beat Serperior. :/

That's why if ash were smart, he would bring back infernape and school Serperior... seriously it's that simple

That's why if ash were smart, he would bring back infernape and school Serperior... seriously it's that simple

Again two things

1. Why Infernape? Now I truly understand this whole Fire?Fighting issue, they gotten overrated.

2. Why the Unova Team hate? Throughout this saga, they battled alot. Sure they lost at times, but they can't one shot people. Unless yoy want that?

Shraeder

It's Lit
Hopefully that battle between Serperior is in a later match...I'm guessing Pikachu might not take it out..

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Again two things

1. Why Infernape? Now I truly understand this whole Fire?Fighting issue, they gotten overrated.

2. Why the Unova Team hate? Throughout this saga, they battled alot. Sure they lost at times, but they can't one shot people. Unless yoy want that?

I like ash's unova team, i just don't believe they are ready for the league, and infernape could wipe serperior out easily, i don't think any of ash's unova pokemon could possibly do that.

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
I think Ash's team will start as underdogs and develop from there on. I'm not hoping he brings back any old Pokemon for the league maybe against the E4 after the league, because it's time for his Unova babies to shine.

Janovy

Banned
I can see ways, but hey to each his own i'm done debating the matter.
Oh right, I just remembered, Static.

Well, tbh, that IS the only viable option as this point.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!

If Satoshi did that, I would lose a bit of respect for him. Shooti is his Isshu, he shouldn't be calling in the reserves when things get tough against his main rival of all things. He has nine Pokemon with a lot of potential to be very good contenders, Waruvial might not be able to win, nor Charbu but that doesn't change the fact that it would be ******** for Satoshi to call in his Goukazaru to handle it.

I think if this is the first round of the league, Satoshi's gonna lose. First rounds tend to be 3 on 3, plus Jalorda's speed is ridiculous, unless Static activates I can't see him pulling through. I could also see Satoshi and Shooti's battle being interrupted by Team Plasma or something. I wouldn't mind, it would be something new. Otherwise, I can't see the writers eliminating Shooti so early from the tournament.

I like ash's unova team, i just don't believe they are ready for the league, and infernape could wipe serperior out easily, i don't think any of ash's unova pokemon could possibly do that.

So you want Infernape to one hit KO Trip's starter? Now any respect is now negative.

Janovy

Banned
Yeah, it would be only fair if Ash brought his most powerful Pokémon from Sinnoh to take on Trip's only Unova team.

A team of a beginner trainer. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.