• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
If Satoshi did that, I would lose a bit of respect for him. Shooti is his Isshu, he shouldn't be calling in the reserves when things get tough against his main rival of all things. He has nine Pokemon with a lot of potential to be very good contenders, Waruvial might not be able to win, nor Charbu but that doesn't change the fact that it would be ******** for Satoshi to call in his Goukazaru to handle it.

I think if this is the first round of the league, Satoshi's gonna lose. First rounds tend to be 3 on 3, plus Jalorda's speed is ridiculous, unless Static activates I can't see him pulling through. I could also see Satoshi and Shooti's battle being interrupted by Team Plasma or something. I wouldn't mind, it would be something new. Otherwise, I can't see the writers eliminating Shooti so early from the tournament.

Except for hoenn ash has always used his reserves, so why should that change? i mean nobody complained in sinnoh when ash used his reserves plus even in hoenn he started using his reserves when the battle frontier started, so that means ash always uses his reserves, so honestly why should he stop now? ash's team now isn't even a fraction of his sinnoh team and he still used his reserves back then so by that logic he will use them even more now.

So you want Infernape to one hit KO Trip's starter? Now any respect is now negative.

He 1 hit k0'd paul's aggron, and ninjask, and i didn't see any complaining around here when that happened.

Last edited:

rocky505

Wait if the Unova League starts in November then that means we could possibly see a filler saga like OI or BF.

Janovy

Banned
He 1 hit k0'd paul's aggron, and ninjask, and i didn't see any complaining around here when that happened.
Except Paul was an experienced trainer like Ash who has traveled through many region and had many different Pokémon.

Trip, on the other hand, is a beginner. It would be unfair from Ash to use his Sinnoh Pokémon against his Unova team (only team).

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
Except for hoenn, ash has used his reserves in every league and why should that change, i mean nobody complained in sinnoh when ash used his reserves plus even in hoenn he started using his reserves when the battle frontier started, so that means ash always uses his reserves, so honestly why should he stop now, ash's team now isn't even a fraction of his sinnoh team and he still used his reserves back then so by that logic he will use them even more now.
He has more Pokemon in hand now than he had in previous leagues. Doesn't need to call old buddies to help.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Except Paul was an experienced trainer like Ash who has traveled through many region and had many different Pokémon.

Trip, on the other hand, is a beginner. It would be unfair from Ash to use his Sinnoh Pokémon against his Unova team (only team).

But ash doesn't have any pokemon on him that could take on surperior, except for maybe pikachu, so why not use the reserves, god! does no one remember sinnoh?

Janovy

Banned
But ash doesn't have any pokemon on him that could take on surperior, except for maybe pikachu, so why not use the reserves, god! does no one remember sinnoh?
Pikachu has Static, as others have suggested.

rocky505

He has 3 Pokemon with an advantage over Serperior. Leavanny, Unfezant and Pignite.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
He has more Pokemon in hand now than he had in previous leagues. Doesn't need to call old buddies to help.

Ash isn't going to last long with 9 pokemon, and ash had 7 pokemon in sinnoh, that's only 2 less, so that logic fails.

Pikachu has Static, as others have suggested.

Let ash battle trip with his unova pokemon, but let ash battle others with his reserves, plus infernape has to defeat a legendary, sceptile did it, charizard did it, it's infernape's turn.

IcySealeo

I feel happy because the league is coming soon but on the other hand it's pretty lame that we didn't get to see most of Ash's rivals Pokemon. Since the beginning of the saga, I thought we're gonna see atleast four Pokemon of each rival. We saw two Pokemon of Stephan, three of Bianca, Six of Trip (Although most of them we're seen after their debut).

Janovy

Banned
Let ash battle trip with his unova pokemon, but let ash battle others with his reserves, plus infernape has to defeat a legendary, sceptile did it, charizard did it, it's infernape's turn.

That is pretty much the only scenario in which I'd accept old Pokémon being at the league.

Like Sinnoh, Sinnoh team VS Paul and old team + Sinnoh team against other trainers.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
He has 3 Pokemon with an advantage over Serperior. Leavanny, Unfezant and Pignite.

Pignite got wasted in it's last battle and tbh, i don't know what to think of those other pokemon, they have only been used 3 or 4 times, but somehow are fully evolved...

gliscor&yanmega

So the league is starting soon. No Burgundy or Georgia, oh well. But Stephan is there, I figure he'd be in the league, Trip and Bianca obviously were. So Ash has 5 rivals this time in the league, wonder if he'll battle them all, I hope he does, but I would also like the rivals to battle each other.

Can't wait.

Bisharp

To hell with all these boring rivals, random filler characters having Eevelutions etc. All i want is Takuto to reappear, or atleast his distant relative that also catches Legendaries on daily basis appear.

To hell with all these boring rivals, random filler characters having Eevelutions etc. All i want is Takuto to reappear, or atleast his distant relative that also catches Legendaries on daily basis appear.

Tobias is retconned.out of the series, by the way. There was.no mention of him when Unova started.

And the rivals are not boring.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
with 10 Pokemon.

lol forgot about boldore, still 3 the difference isn't much at all.

That is pretty much the only scenario in which I'd accept old Pokémon being at the league.

Like Sinnoh, Sinnoh team VS Paul and old team + Sinnoh team against other trainers.

all i want to see is infernape, totodile and gible and bayleaf... ohh and torterra, but it would be nice to see ash battling with stephan or bianca with only his reserves :)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Do we have any translation to what it says for Serperior vs. Pikachu? I know it doesn't mention Trip but I would like to see what it says.

Haunter ゴースト

OMG GAH, SO MANY EPISODES TO TAKE IN AT ONE TIME!!!

-----

On a serious note, I actually mean it. There is so much information I don't know where to begin, it sounds like the League is 1v1's....

Status
Not open for further replies.