• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

The point is that the move doesn't even really work if you don't have the huge hands to make it look semi decent.

Moves can be used in different ways, you don't need huge hands for the move. Plus, Emboar has big hands anyways.

RickHoenn

Banned
Nope, he stayed and watched on TV

Why are you always telling lies? -_- He went to the Indigo League and brought Muk with him, he watched along with Delia his battle against Janet and his final battle against Richie, he was in for 4 episodes. Brock, Misty, Oak, Delia and Ash stayed at a league house and they watched the closing ceremony.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Moves can be used in different ways, you don't need huge hands for the move. Plus, Emboar has big hands anyways.

Um not really lol.

Why are you always telling lies? -_- He went to the Indigo League and brought Muk with him, he watched along with Delia his battle against Janet and his final battle against Richie, he was in for 4 episodes. Brock, Misty, Oak, Delia and Ash stayed at a league house and they watched the closing ceremony.

I knew I remembered that!!! I distinctly remembered Oak being there when Muk was battling.

RickHoenn

Banned
Wow can't believe the league is finally starting next week after 2 years. Times goes by so fast OMG! :eek: I can't wait for this episode, everything looks exciting. :D

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yes really, they may not be Hariyama big, but that makes no difference.

[IMG139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/24/Bianca_Emboar_Arm_Thrust.png[/IMG139]

But they don't even really do the open palm trusting that we know they usually do.

RickHoenn

Banned
I knew I remembered that!!! I distinctly remembered Oak being there when Muk was battling.

Yeah! Oak and Delia at least watched live Ash won a league battle.

It is strange Oak arrived after his grandson lost, he didn't even bother to come before Gary's match. xD

Lee-san

Limbo Messiah
Hmm, Satoshi vs Shooti in the first round..unless this is some sort of preliminary group stage, that'd mean Shooti will lose in the very first round. Pretty surprising.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Hmm, Satoshi vs Shooti in the first round..unless this is some sort of preliminary group stage, that'd mean Shooti will lose in the very first round. Pretty surprising.

Its an elimination round, Shooti is losing in the first round of the preliminaries.

dman_dustin

Well at least in terms of animation, the league looks good, I still don't like the league not solely focusing on Ash. It's not like we're going to get 15 episodes of the league, so why screw over Ash's Pokémon for characters we (sorry I meant I) don't give a crap about.

Ash's Pokémon in the league >>>>>>>>>>>>>Anything else.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Well at least in terms of animation, the league looks good, I still don't like the league not solely focusing on Ash. It's not like we're going to get 15 episodes of the league, so why screw over Ash's Pokémon for characters we (sorry I meant I) don't give a crap about.

They are showing the rivals winning thats it, good thing you corrected yourself saying I :D.

The Axew episode(if thats what youre refering to) just seems to be a break episode in the middle of the battling and I believe it happens because the preliminary rounds ended and they are probably getting some time off.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Well then they say FU to what is supposed to be the most important battle of the league, things do tend to take a turn for the worst -_-.

gliscor&yanmega

But they don't even really do the open palm trusting that we know they usually do.

They do, Emboar simply doesn't have huge palms like Hariyama, but again, it doesn't matter. In the end, the move isn't useless, it was used once and it was blocked by pillars which blocked Hammer Arm and Flamethrower.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
They do, Emboar simply doesn't have huge palms like Hariyama, but again, it doesn't matter. In the end, the move isn't useless, it was used once and it was blocked by pillars which blocked Hammer Arm and Flamethrower.

But there are much better moves for Emboar to learn lol, he doesn't need it especially when he already has the stronger alternative.

Preview looks good and i guess Trip's present for losing early is some new battle scene poses. I hope the animators start creating new battle poses for all the characters instead of relying on stock animation. I was very pleased when they created a new one for Iris during her battle with Drayden. More please<3:D

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

But there are much better moves for Emboar to learn lol, he doesn't need it especially when he already has the stronger alternative.

That has never mattered in the show, most characters have a bunch of moves that could be replaced with other moves. Hammer Arm isn't much of an alternative either, Arm Thrust is more faster and hits more, Hammer Arm is slower and just hits once but harder, they can be used in different situations.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That has never mattered in the show, most characters have a bunch of moves that could be replaced with other moves. Hammer Arm isn't much of an alternative either, Arm Thrust is more faster and hits more, Hammer Arm is slower and just hits once but harder, they can be used in different situations.

Arm Thrust hits more but it's weak and it tires Emboar out.

Arm Thrust hits twice but it hits harder.

RickHoenn

Banned

But in the Hoenn League we saw Tyson's and Morrison's battles, in the Sinnoh League we saw Barry vs. Paul and that was a whole episode.

and well there are people that give a crap about Bianca, Kotetsu, Stephan or Virgil. I, for example, care for the the first three I mention.

You complain only because this is Unova as noted in all of your previous posts, don't be so transparent.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Preview looks good and i guess Trip's present for losing early is some new battle scene poses. I hope the writers start creating new battle poses for all the characters instead of relying on stock animation. I was very pleased when they created a new one for Iris during her battle with Drayden. More please<3:D

The writers don't animate anything.

Well if we aren't going to see the characters again maybe the animators do more poses or they migth think the opposite and say since they are going away I'm not going to care to make a new pose for said character(being lazy as usual).

gliscor&yanmega

Arm Thrust hits more but it's weak and it tires Emboar out.

Arm Thrust hits twice but it hits harder.

Emboar used Arm Thrust once and didn't show signs of fatigue, it did after it used Hammer Arm and Flamethrower though. Also, Arm Thrust isn't necessarily weak, game wise it has a low base power, which means nothing in the Anime.

Again, it doesn't matter though, most characters have similar enough moves on their Pokemon, the Anime makes it work.

Arm Thrust simply isn't useless like you were saying it was. So there is no need to facepalm at a fictional character who doesn't get to decide anything anyways considering she's not real and has no will to do whatever she wants, she's forced to do whatever the writers want. Not like there is any reason to facepalm at the writers either for this one situation that happens all the time anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.