• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2-23: Ash Vs Kotetsu! Secret Weapon Hydreigon!! [FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Kotestu better take Ash's place in the anime once he beats him. Best Wishes has been terrible.

Ohai CyberCube- *looks at your username* MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE! D:
@Red fjsowsahpwephph DOES NOT COMPUTE NO NO NO NO JUST NO I WOULD RATHER SHOOT MYSELF IN THE FOOT. ...But I guess him as a main character would be interesting. ._.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I've discussed the consequences (Good or bad) of a main character change enough... I don't need to do it again. >_>...

@mal fair enough...But what else do you expect? They'd have to hype this league up more then Paul in order to please the "development in ability to battle."...which they decided on not doing from the very beginning. Theres no tension normally.

I think N's arc is gonna be the climax of best wishes because it just seems more like it. :/

Navin

MALDREAD
Ash vs. Kotetsu would have been more suitable in Johto or even Hoenn. It could show that Ash has clear battle prowess, but he still needs to work on it and needs to develop a stronger and more balanced team. But after Hoenn and Sinnoh, this seems so out of place.

If they wanted this match to happen, the writers should have had it be the finals or something.

Ash vs. Kotetsu would have been more suitable in Johto or even Hoenn. It could show that Ash has clear battle prowess, but he still needs to work on it and needs to develop a stronger and more balanced team. But after Hoenn and Sinnoh, this seems so out of place.

If they wanted this match to happen, the writers should have had it be the finals or something.
Excactly, Best Wishes has been inferior to DP in every way, I miss the days of DP.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Impossiburu! Cyber is the only one who has access to a Makuhita avatar so who else could it be? 08

@Cyber- This league has been awesome! Axew getting lost was the best episode this series has ever had!

Please, boss makes good use of Makuhita.

I won't lie, I actually thought the Axew episode was OK, it just needed more IMO.

LizardonX

Banned
Please tell me you are kidding. You have gotta be kidding. The best episodes this season were either Tempest or the Subway episodes.

I don't know. I for one thought Piplup up and away was one of the top 10 episodes in DP so I understand if someone may have esoteric preferences for the anime.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
the axew episode wouldn't have been that bad if ash got to fight virgil. lol.

I like the breaks inbetween stuff...but that was just a terrible time to place it for the viewers. XD

Shraeder

It's Lit
But it's so much better than Best Wishes!

But it's not Best Wishes. Best Wishes is more comparable to Johto or Kanto since the Pokemon are treated so horribly. Though it does make sense why BW sucks, it's most likely because they want to make Ash an "underdog" again, and don't want him to seem like a legend in gen 6.

DracoMaster121

Strategy Trainer
But it's not Best Wishes. Best Wishes is more comparable to Johto or Kanto since the Pokemon are treated so horribly. Though it does make sense why BW sucks, it's most likely because they want to make Ash an "underdog" again, and don't want him to seem like a legend in gen 6.

I totally agree, it seems like throughout Generation 1 - 4 Ash progressed as a trainer and became better as time went on.
When Generation 5 began it seemed like he had just started out on his journey again with a somewhat new and unexperienced Pikachu.
So it would make sense that Ash gets to Top 8 in Generation 5 then by Generation 6 he may be in the Top 4 or even the champion.
Then if there is a Generation 7 and 8 he will most likely be Top 4 then Top 2 or even winning the league.

His past league challenges have gone like this:

Kanto: Top 16
Orange Islands: Winner
Johto: Top 8
Hoenn: Top 8
Sinnoh: Top 4

Future (possibly, previous league position halved):

Unova: Top 8
May be a new area similar to the Orange Islands where he wins the league
???: Top 4
???: Top 4
???: Top 2/Winning

Isn't Riolu only confirmed to take down Snivy so far?

it is seen facing Unfezant though so chances are good it defeats that as well

knux-the-killer

Ash's mistake is his choice of party. Excuse me but two base starters? Lame. Kotetsu has a samurott, what the hell was Ash thinking to bring oshawott and snivy to a crucial battle? Hein???? Whatever if it's anime's usual promotion to anti-evolution to not, even Kotetsu was smart enough to fully evolve almost all his party (it will become fully evolved since riolu will evolve) and Ash chose a bunch of babies for cuteness basis? Excuse me, but if Ash would win this, it's nothing but armor plot. You guys ARE sure you want Ash to win with this? Seriously?
Looks at me Ash is not even taking the league seriously to not even use his stored pokemons which are like a thousands of times stronger. He would beat Kotetsu easily if he chose Sceptile, Infernape, Snorlax or whatever of any of his stronger and evolved pokés. But nooooooooo...

You guys forgive me, but that defeat will be deserved. Ash won't get to nowhere by thinking for sticking his party in their weakest forms just because the anime constantly thinks evolved forms are unworthy of a personality and bonds. I thought they got over that silly stereotype with DP thanks to Infernape's character development but no, exactly back to the square zero.

KKS-Lapras

Ash's mistake is his choice of party. Excuse me but two base starters? Lame. Kotetsu has a samurott, what the hell was Ash thinking to bring oshawott and snivy to a crucial battle? Hein???? Whatever if it's anime's usual promotion to anti-evolution to not, even Kotetsu was smart enough to fully evolve almost all his party (it will become fully evolved since riolu will evolve) and Ash chose a bunch of babies for cuteness basis? Excuse me, but if Ash would win this, it's nothing but armor plot. You guys ARE sure you want Ash to win with this? Seriously?
Looks at me Ash is not even taking the league seriously to not even use his stored pokemons which are like a thousands of times stronger. He would beat Kotetsu easily if he chose Sceptile, Infernape, Snorlax or whatever of any of his stronger and evolved pokés. But nooooooooo...

You guys forgive me, but that defeat will be deserved. Ash won't get to nowhere by thinking for sticking his party in their weakest forms just because the anime constantly thinks evolved forms are unworthy of a personality and bonds. I thought they got over that silly stereotype with DP thanks to Infernape's character development but no, exactly back to the square zero.

We don't even know how this battle will go, bit by bit, or even the final result. We don't know what strategies Ash will use to counter Kotetsu's Pokemon. We know none of this yet, but the vast majority of you acting as if Ash is going to get crushed. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that. The battle will end very close, regardless of who wins. Ash will rely on strategy, where as Kotetsu will be relying on sheer power. Ash always has a few tricks up his sleeve, and can think on his feet in the heat of battle better then anyone else on this show has ever been shown to be capable of doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.