1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

BWS2-23: Ash Vs Kotetsu! Secret Weapon Hydreigon!! [FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dewott82, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildheart90

wildheart90 Awesome

I think its good that Ash loses here, each of his unova pokemon get 1 battle each and pika gets to shine above them as he should.

I feel this is quite appropriate given the fast paced nature of the other saga and I for one can not wait to see some of Ash's older pokemon again.

2. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Which is precisely why so many people found Ash getting beaten into the ground from paul at the lake and tobias so satisfying. Ash deserved to lose hard and he did.

3. Rovian

Rovian Kodoku no Koori

If they do not require a stone/item (razor fang, etc), Ash (as well as other trainers in the anime) has zero control over which pokemon evolves.

4. chris300

chris300 New Member

I'm sorry but I agree, Ash has made terrible pokemon choices for a serious battle. It just doesn't make sense that his starter-level Pokemon would be able to beat a strong team like Kotetsu's, no matter how many level 5 attacks you throw at a level 60 dragon, it's not gonna work.

I find it insulting as a viewer. When I watch little Oshawatt take down the tank that is Samurott, I'm not gonna think "that was a good battle", I'm gonna laugh and say "that was ridiculous". Ash should continue his happy-go-lucky ways and continue training his little starters on the journey but subsitute some of his tanks for the FINAL of a league. Why evolve Cyndaquil just to ignore him? Lazy writing?

5. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

I'm pretty underwelmed by Ash's choices for this battle. Why on earth is he using Oshawott? Krookodile and Leavanny would've been better fits here but apparently they can't be used again because they battled Stephan.

I would've had Leavanny and Unfezant star against Stephan and then saved Krookodile against Kotestu, at least then Ash's team would look less pathetic here.

Pignite and Pikachu look to be Ash's saving grace in this battle, which as a result has made the rest look awful. Even Snivy is getting pwned.

6. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

I've been saying all along Ash will save the garbage for last so the one who beats him gets an easier time of it.

7. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Boldore seems to be Ash's go-to pokemon to fall early now. Which is unfortunate.
    It doesn't surprise me if Oshawott and Snivy get destroyed. They should have made them evolve. Dewott can be marketed just as well as Oshawott if they actually tried. Oshawott hasn't done anything of relevance since Clay's gym. Snivy is too frail in her current form. I don't care what that Shamus episode showed, Snivy resistting all those attacks from Emboar and Heatmor was poop.

Hopefully Unfezant gets at least one win until Riolu gets to shine yet again. She is getting one new move and as Ash's only fully evolved pokemon in this fight, she deserves something.

Pignite and Pikachu have always been the stars in this saga unfortunately. They were both used in 5 out of 8 gyms.

8. red2000

red2000 Liger Zero!!!

Seriously they've been phoning in these League Finale teams for the last 2, granted DP's final team wasn't quite as bad as BW, we know Ash is going to get 8 badges, we know he's going to beat his rival in the league, but do we also have to get the Stage 1 team for the League

9. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

10. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I don't see the problem. Oshawott is a Pokemon after all, so he should battle. And it's not as if anything would change even if Ash used a different Pokemon; he's destined to lose no matter what. But yeah, talk about déjà vu. People also complained about Ash's choice of Pokemon when he battled Tobias even though we all knew he would lose anyway.

11. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

I think ash chose a nice team for this battle and they will kick butt

12. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

A nice team for sure but not the best possible team he could have chosen. This is my opinion of course obviously.

13. KibaLG8

KibaLG8 Well-Known Member

More like get their butts kicked.

14. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

Sadly, I think this will happen. We just don't have enough time for a non-rushed battle with Virgil before Episode N.

15. wingzx

wingzx Heart-under-blade

ya a nice team without his power house krookodile :p and he brought his weakest pokemon wotter :D

16. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

He giving every pokemon a figth, Oshawott hasn't fougth yet.

17. JJB1003

JJB1003 Youtube Master

We don't know that, he could've used him in one of the unseen rounds.

18. Lorde

Lorde Banned

What's the point of him or any other Pokemon battling if it isn't shown? Has the anime gotten so bad that we have to settle for off-screen battles? :(

19. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Well considering round two was two on two and all Ash used was Scraggy, ya lol.

20. JJB1003

JJB1003 Youtube Master

Does the narrator explicitly say it was just Scraggy? Cause otherwise, two of Ash's others were also (Potentially) used. I like to think that he used Oshawott too, and that's the reason he's so hungry in the episode, he had a big battle.
    But no doubt he lost to Darumaka.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.