• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he even a real rival? The guy first appeared as a character of the day and by character of the day I mean that there was absolutely no indication that he would ever appear again as a main character, and then suddenly he returned for the Club Battle, but even then he didn't feel like a main rival. But I agree with what that other person said; he was boring as heck. He had his own gimmick just like every other character, but that made him even more boring in my opinion. I wasn't here for him, nor will I ever be.

This. Stephan wasn't interesting at all... I don't like Sawk either. Zebstrika should have battled more. I like his Liepard a lot. It's a dang shame that it only appeared once.

Anyway, when is this episode going to air? I'm tired of waiting to be honest.

Two weeks from yesterday... So, 13 days to go.

Janovy

Banned
So, after I found out that Ash will lose to a guy who did not even bother bringing 6 Pokemon, I've decided that I'll just skip out on this episode. Hell, I'll skip out on the rest of this ****ed up League. So yeah, see you when Team Plasma/N debut.

LizardonX

Banned
So, after I found out that Ash will lose to a guy who did not even bother bringing 6 Pokemon, I've decided that I'll just skip out on this episode. Hell, I'll skip out on the rest of this ****ed up League. So yeah, see you when Team Plasma/N debut.

So just this one episode then?

Janovy

Banned

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct

For all we know, he might just pull off a win!

And didn't Ash do the same thing against Elesa? Only brought Palpitoad to a 3 on 3 battle?

I'm actually not on the Stephan train as a lot of people on here seem to be. The only thing I liked about him was his Sawk which I think was awesome. Other than that, I thought he was a very bland rival. He was well handled compared to Trip or Bianca. But the name joke got old really quickly and he is just the one-dimensional competitive rival that we see so much on this show. I actually thought he came off as boring on his first appearance so I don't know why they brought him back. People call Zoey and Kenny boring but I actually think Stephan is even more boring and I know I am going to get attacked for saying this. Once Generation 6 comes out, I don't know how many people will actually remember this guy.

LizardonX

Banned
I'm actually not on the Stephan train as a lot of people on here seem to be. The only thing I liked about him was his Sawk which I think was awesome. Other than that, I thought he was a very bland rival. He was well handled compared to Trip or Bianca. But the name joke got old really quickly and he is just the one-dimensional competitive rival that we see so much on this show. I actually thought he came off as boring on his first appearance so I don't know why they brought him back. People call Zoey and Kenny boring but I actually think Stephan is even more boring and I know I am going to get attacked for saying this. Once Generation 6 comes out, I don't know how many people will actually remember this guy.

When you have crap, even worse crap, worst crap, and stupid crap to choose from crap looks very appealing. That's probably why people like him so much now.

When you have crap, even worse crap, worst crap, and stupid crap to choose from crap looks very appealing. That's probably why people like him so much now.

I just don't find him appealing I guess. Say what you will about how badly some of the rivals were handled this season but I still think Trip, Bianca, Georgia, Burgundy, Cameron and Virgil are interesting characters. There is nothing interesting about Stephan that makes him stand out.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I just don't find him appealing I guess. Say what you will about how badly some of the rivals were handled this season but I still think Trip, Bianca, Georgia, Burgundy, Cameron and Virgil are interesting characters. There is nothing interesting about Stephan that makes him stand out.

If we're bringing every single rival into this, I'd say Georgia has the best development first to Burgundy.

Everyone else? Disappear from my thoughts, please.

If we're bringing every single rival into this, I'd say Georgia has the best development first to Burgundy.

Georgia is the only rival who really doesn't have a huge flaw in her character and handling. Trip is handled poorly, Bianca is obnoxious most of the time, Cameron comes off as too much of an idiot, Burgundy loses all the time and is treated as a joke, Stephan is bland, and Virgil seems like a pointless League rival. This is just my opinion of course.

LizardonX

Banned
Her flaw was that in that particular rivalry it made you want to root for Georgia, not Iris. Rivals are supposed to make viewers support the main character. :/

For all we know, he might just pull off a win!

Um, he doesn't have enough time to.

Her flaw was that in that particular rivalry it made you want to root for Georgia, not Iris. Rivals are supposed to make viewers support the main character. :/

I don't root for either of them, I usually wish for a sink hole to open up and swallow them both~

IMO that's what's wrong with their rivalry.

Last edited:
It's easier to root for Iris than it is to root for Cilan. Honestly, there are points where I want to see Burgundy beat Cilan so the guy could develop.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Um, he doesn't have enough time to.

Which is what I and several others have been pointing out since we got the episode summary, but which is always overlooked or countered with some silly scenario like only the end of Ash's next battle being shown. Yeah, like that would suddenly make up for the rest of this disastrous League. If anything, it would make me even madder if that's even possible.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
Which is what I and several others have been pointing out since we got the episode summary, but which is always overlooked or countered with some silly scenario like only the end of Ash's next battle being shown. Yeah, like that would suddenly make up for the rest of this disastrous League. If anything, it would make me even madder if that's even possible.
This league isn't that bad kanto was,worse. Even though this isn't the best league ever atleast we got one this fast

J Ken

RAVE

I like those two but they are far from being the most developed. Georgia has to learn to accept a lose no matter what it is to and Burgundy has to accept that using hate and personal opinion for her evaluating is not the right thing to do. In all honesty the only rival that is at their peak are Stephan and Virgil but that is because they had no flaws to work on to begin with. Trip has to learn that he could learn from watching others, Bianca could learn to use actual strategy in battle instead of relying on luck and power and Cameron could learn to be more accurate when it comes to rules and locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.