• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Why is it that Ash always gets creamed in the numbers advantage. He lost 6 Pokemon to Tobias's 2, 5 Pokemon to Trip's 3, 5 Pokemon to Roxie's 3 and quite possibly 6 to Cameron's 5 (technically 3 since two of his Pokemon did nothing at all). This seems to be a recurring trend ever since the end of the Sinnoh League.
At Tobias was using super powerful Pokemon... none of the clowns he lost/had trouble with were anywhere near that good. :p I'll buy that Roxie was OP because of her being Ash's final gym battle, but still that battle alone made me feel Ash would be Top 8 at best

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ugh why won't this stupid episode air already *rolls eyes*

It's cuz Ash always has to look like the under dog lol. Only times I can remember when he totally creamed somebody was Casey and the electric gym in Hoenn.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Ugh why won't this stupid episode air already *rolls eyes*

It's cuz Ash always has to look like the under dog lol. Only times I can remember when he totally creamed somebody was Casey and the electric gym in Hoenn.

And to some extent Crasher Wake in Sinnoh.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Navin

MALDREAD
If you imagine these League conferences like tennis Grand Slams, ‘dropping a rank’ from one league conference to another isn't that unheard of. All the trainers at each conference are strong because they have obtained 8 Gym Badges, and most matches are single elimination. Just like in tennis Grand Slams, any player can beat another, and the margin of victory is slim. If you have a bad draw, you can lose very early. Therefore, it’s very competitive and to actually win one is incredible. To reach the Top 8 out of a field of 128+ players is pretty darn good. I mean, returning to tennis, even Federer has lost in the QFs at several Grand Slams.

Still, Ash was on the verge of reaching the Top 8 way back in Kanto (if not for Charizard’s disobedience). He narrowly lost to two very strong trainers in the Top 8 in Johto and Hoenn. And even though he lost in the Final 4 in Sinnoh, he was basically the second best trainer in the entire conference. So him losing in this fashion (where his opponent is completely scatterbrained and has one less Pokemon) makes his Top 8 performance no longer as impressive, and actually reflects negatively upon him.

A.F.M

Banned
Hopefully this league is all a dream. I can picture it now, Lucario is just about to deliver the final blow to Pikachu and Ash screams "Noooooo!" and the screen fades to white. The scene changes to Ash waking up in bed, clearly in distress he yells out "Where am I? What happened to Cameron?" that's when a small yellow mouse emerges from the shower, with a towel around its waist, telling Ash it was all a dream. And thus, everything that happened in Best Wishes so far, means nothing. No Trip, no donamite tournaments, no Iris getting a Dragonite and no Cameron.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hopefully this league is all a dream. I can picture it now, Lucario is just about to deliver the final blow to Pikachu and Ash screams "Noooooo!" and the screen fades to white. The scene changes to Ash waking up in bed, clearly in distress he yells out "Where am I? What happened to Cameron?" that's when a small yellow mouse emerges from the shower, with a towel around its waist, telling Ash it was all a dream. And thus, everything that happened in Best Wishes so far, means nothing. No Trip, no donamite tournaments, no Iris getting a Dragonite and no Cameron.

They are obviously waiting for the last episode of pokemon to do that lol. Ash is gonna wake up and realize his whole journey was a dream.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Jesus, I can't imagine the reaction if the outcome of the battle is a draw. It's almost better if Pikachu just loses instead of Ash somehow missing out on the next round. A tie would be the cherry on top of a disgusting sundae.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Jesus, I can't imagine the reaction if the outcome of the battle is a draw. It's almost better if Pikachu just loses instead of Ash somehow missing out on the next round. A tie would be the cherry on top of a disgusting sundae.

What are you talking about? A draw would be a blessing. It would mean that Ash's team needed more training and that he wasn't going to lose to an idiot like Camoron. Also, people crying that Pikachu would lose to Virgil's Eevee would never happen...

Of course that puts Virgil as the most unnecessary trainer ever, but we can only hope that Ash moves on and they skip most of his battle against him.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

How is that worse then losing? in a draw there is no real winner and with Kotetsu stupidty even if he had a 6th pokemon he could just do a stupid mistake like he did with Ferrorthorn and Swanna and get it koed.

Navin

MALDREAD
How is that worse then losing? in a draw there is no real winner and with Kotetsu stupidty even if he had a 6th pokemon he could just do a stupid mistake like he did with Ferrorthorn and Swanna and get it koed.

I agree with this.

Even if Kotetsu has a 6th Pokemon, it's likely not to be very strong. He may be scatterbrained, but I highly doubt that Kotetsu would forget to bring another secret powerhouse to a battle.

But seriously, a draw would be much better than a loss. I still cling on to the hope that Ash will win, and that him vs. Virgil will fast-forward to the end.

How many times are the writers going to make Ash lose in the Top 8 anyway?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I agree with this.

Even if Kotetsu has a 6th Pokemon, it's likely not to be very strong. He may be scatterbrained, but I highly doubt that Kotetsu would forget to bring another secret powerhouse to a battle.

But seriously, a draw would be much better than a loss. I still cling on to the hope that Ash will win, and that him vs. Virgil will fast-forward to the end.

How many times are the writers going to make Ash lose in the Top 8 anyway?

I didn't mind it weak, I mean him having a really stupid decision, he used Ferrorthorn again Pignite when it weak 4x against fire and Swanna against Pikachu when its 4x weak against Pikachu.

Just watch Virgil winning the league and then losing to Satoshi in the filler arc(nah hes probably gone after the league).

He lost Top 4 last time.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I still don't want Ash to lose to Cameron. I would prefer a 20 second scene with Pikachu vs Eevee, with them cutting his match with Virgil (at least showing the scoreboard so we know what they use), and having Pikachu lose.

Navin

MALDREAD
I didn't mind it weak, I mean him having a really stupid decision, he used Ferrorthorn again Pignite when it weak 4x against fire and Swanna against Pikachu when its 4x weak against Pikachu.

Just watch Virgil winning the league and then losing to Satoshi in the filler arc(nah hes probably gone after the league).

He lost Top 4 last time.

Yeah I know; I was agreeing with your comment that he would make a stupid decision with it. I was also commenting that if he did have a 6th, it probably wouldn't be some powerhouse like Hydreigon or Riolu/Lucario.

Yeah, but if he loses to Cameron, it will be three times he has lost in the Top 8.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I still don't want Ash to lose to Cameron. I would prefer a 20 second scene with Pikachu vs Eevee, with them cutting his match with Virgil (at least showing the scoreboard so we know what they use), and having Pikachu lose.

And if that download trainers are to be believed, I really do think that Trumph Card or whatever would be an absolutely powerful move if used right. Never underestimate the nice ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.