• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Ken

RAVE
Actually... it appears to not be confirming anything. :eek:

Now I forced my self into think that they will tie. I actually hope they do tying to a Lucario is a little better then getting curbstomped by Eevees.

robinhood

I guess we'll have to wait from the episode. The only explanation I see now is the league ending because lucario decides to blow uo the planet. Google translate said it not me :rolleyes:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
xD I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't mind if Ash were to lose to Eevee and its evolutions. I don't see what's so bad about losing to them. :rolleyes:

I don't understand what the issue is with that either tbh. Virgil's Pokemon are cohesive and well-trained. They're not a random assortment of Pokemon like Cameron's. And I bet Virgil wouldn't cheat his way to victory; he'd simply use strategy to beat Ash, which is how it should be done. It's not like it's hard to out-smart Ash anyway.

G50

No longer posting
I guess we'll have to wait from the episode. The only explanation I see now is the league ending because lucario decides to blow uo the planet. Google translate said it not me :rolleyes:

We do have the VA's list coming next week, it might tell us more.

J Ken

RAVE
Has anyone noticed that Ash always gets creamed when using everyone he has on hand this region. The 5 vs 5 with Trip he lost when Trip only used 3 Pokemon, the 6 vs 3 with Roxie Ash lost almost his entire team just to take out three Pokemon and now he is either winning,tying or losing to Cameron in a 6 on 5 battle where basically 4 of his Pokemon got destroyed without taking anything down.

nuzamaki90

I hope these 2 kids do end up tying, because I'd rather that than have Ash loses even though he had an obvious advantage throughout the entire battle.

If the battle does end in a tie, I hope the writers pull a Johto and make the Finals a Round Robin, with the winner being clear: Dino and his Eevee-Buster Dunsparce

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It woudn't make sense to do that, to qualify to the league sure but not in a final, if they draw just let one of the guys pass without figthing, one of them will be lucky and get that chance and if he is good enough he will beat the other guy.

J Ken

RAVE
It woudn't make sense to do that, to qualify to the league sure but not in a final, if they draw just let one of the guys pass without figthing, one of them will be lucky and get that chance and if he is good enough he will beat the other guy.

Yeah and it's not like they don't get some time to heal. The only problem would be if they fought too hard and needed extended time to heal like Blaziken did.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yeah and it's not like they don't get some time to heal. The only problem would be if they fought too hard and needed extended time to heal like Blaziken did.

Meh they used that with Blaziken and Kingler for plot purposes, I don't think that happens anymore, they can just go to the Pokemon Center and heal the pokemon to full health in some hours, the diferent rounds don't seem to be on the same day so thats not a problem, not like Virgil or one of the other two possibly to skip the round would have an advatange, heck if the really make Virgil win just have him be the one that doesn't skip a round, have him beat another CotD and then the last one in the finals.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hope these 2 kids do end up tying, because I'd rather that than have Ash loses even though he had an obvious advantage throughout the entire battle.

Oh yeah, Ash using un-evolved Pokemon against fully-evolved Pokemon really showed that he had the advantage the whole time. Remind me, what happened to Oshawott when he battled Hydreigon and what will happen to Snivy when she battles Lucario?

nuzamaki90

I'm not talking about him using the advantage right, I'm talking about when comparing the 2 teams to each other, Ash's had a bigger advantage. Remind me, what move did Hydreigon lose to? Pignite's Brick Break right? What move did Ferrothorn lose to? Flame Charge right? What move did Swanna lose to? Electro Ball right? Who did Samurott lose to? Pikachu right?

So you're saying that a team of Hydreigon, Swanna, Samurott, Ferrothorn, and Riolu is somehow better than a team of Pikachu (who can take out 3 of the 5 with ease), Oshawott, Snivy (who could have dealt with Samurott and Riolu if Riolu hadn't evolved), Pignite (who could have also taken out 3 of the 5), Boldore (Who could have taken out Hydreigon, Swanna, and Ferrothorn), and Unfezant?

Just because a trainer has fully-evolved Pokemon in the anime, doesn't automatically make them stronger. Example, Scraggy, a baby Pokemon who managed to defeat a Simisage and Simipour. Another one? Bulbasaur managed to defeat Dusclops and Solrock. One more? Corphish defeating Alakazam, Arcanine, and 2 Swamperts.

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I don't understand what the issue is with that either tbh. Virgil's Pokemon are cohesive and well-trained. They're not a random assortment of Pokemon like Cameron's. And I bet Virgil WOULDN'T CHEAT his way to victory; he'd simply use strategy to beat Ash, which is how it should be done. It's not like it's hard to out-smart Ash anyway.

Kira do you even know what cheating is? I don't see how Cameron bringing only 5 Pokemon on-hand for an official Full Battle is "cheating". Yeah its a pretty crappy thing the writers did but it is nowhere close to cheating. It's not like he somehow brought over 6 Pokemon, used illegal tactics during battle, etc.

Squirtle_007

I'm not talking about him using the advantage right, I'm talking about when comparing the 2 teams to each other, Ash's had a bigger advantage. Remind me, what move did Hydreigon lose to? Pignite's Brick Break right? What move did Ferrothorn lose to? Flame Charge right? What move did Swanna lose to? Electro Ball right? Who did Samurott lose to? Pikachu right?

So you're saying that a team of Hydreigon, Swanna, Samurott, Ferrothorn, and Riolu is somehow better than a team of Pikachu (who can take out 3 of the 5 with ease), Oshawott, Snivy (who could have dealt with Samurott and Riolu if Riolu hadn't evolved), Pignite (who could have also taken out 3 of the 5), Boldore (Who could have taken out Hydreigon, Swanna, and Ferrothorn), and Unfezant?

Just because a trainer has fully-evolved Pokemon in the anime, doesn't automatically make them stronger. Example, Scraggy, a baby Pokemon who managed to defeat a Simisage and Simipour. Another one? Bulbasaur managed to defeat Dusclops and Solrock. One more? Corphish defeating Alakazam, Arcanine, and 2 Swamperts.

Even if I agree with you in everything you said because I´m totally in favor of "Evolution =/= Strength" ... Boldore vs. Ferrothorn would be a very bad match up: Steel/Grass are super effective against Rock :confused:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Kira do you even know what cheating is? I don't see how Cameron bringing only 5 Pokemon on-hand for an official Full Battle is "cheating". Yeah its a pretty crappy thing the writers did but it is nowhere close to cheating. It's not like he somehow brought over 6 Pokemon, used illegal tactics during battle, etc.

Kiba do you even know what trolling is? Kira is smart not dumb.

She seriously must facepalm everytime she gets you guys so easly and then curse me for making this posts as usual telling you guys you are being trolled and then report me because I am calling her trolling when she "isn't".

Again Kira is smart, you have to be dumb to think a person handicaping themselves by being dumb is cheating.

Even if I agree with you in everything you said because I´m totally in favor of "Evolution =/= Strength" ... Boldore vs. Ferrothorn would be a very bad match up: Steel/Grass are super effective against Rock :confused:

But Evoluition = Strength is true, thats why a pokemon evolves, regardless of arguments I'm going to say what I said numerous times, Satoshi Charizard can be pretty strong but if it had another evolution it would be even stronger, same with Pikachu we will never "know" his true strength because as strong as he is now if he evolved he would be stronger, we don't have any case of a pokemon being weaker upon evolution and NO Torterra didn't become weaker, he lost against strong pokemon and the writers forgot to give him a win.

thunderblade12

So this kinda felt like a set up League. It seems like whatever Ash is doing for the filler arc is still in Unova. Maybe he'll challenge the Unova League twice?

Nacreous

Fire trainer
So this kinda felt like a set up League. It seems like whatever Ash is doing for the filler arc is still in Unova. Maybe he'll challenge the Unova League twice?

A lot of people mentioned that.There's still the chance that the League gets interrupted and he has to do it all over again[without challenging the gym leaders,of course]

A lot of people mentioned that.There's still the chance that the League gets interrupted and he has to do it all over again[without challenging the gym leaders,of course]

I dont get how the league could get interupted though. It wouldn't be team plasma or N so I don't see what's left

Status
Not open for further replies.