• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E? - Iris and Zekrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
We don't know if that movie was canon. Zekrom showed itself to Ash meaning that it recognized his abilities the fact that it's potentially with Iris is weird.
Doesn't matter if it's canon or not, Satoshi was with it. So he got his chance. For a whole movie no less.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
She has no right to picky and have favorites if she wants to be a dragon master.

Just like Misty has no right to be picky when it comes to water types, at least Misty showed she wasn't picky.

Why can't someone have favorites exactly?

Going by that logic, I can't ever be a REAL mono-Normal type trainer if I favor Furret over the others.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Just like Misty has no right to be picky when it comes to water types, at least Misty showed she wasn't picky.

Iris's name not Misty. Iris has a Ground and Steel type and Electric and Flying type on her team. She hasn't shown a will to catch every single Dragon type she encountered.

dman_dustin

Wasn't it Iris saying that she would love to encounter Zekrom directly arround the episode 1 or 2 of the saga ? Iris hasn't been chosen for nothing.

@dman- But don't you remember Iris (or Dento) decorated her face with electric bolts? She symbolizes Zekrom and wanted to see it. :p

so what are the chances of my bby riding on Reshi? Or did Reshi go back in his ball?

But we're talking about a Pokemon that didn't need to be revived from a stone. Zekrom.

I think seeing a dragon type being revived and showing up would be more thrilling to Iris than a Pokemon that is out free doing its own thing.

Did she say she hates Reshiram? I don't think so lol.

You're the one who brought up favorites, don't even turn this around on me.

But no she did not even acknowledge Reshiram as a dragon type as something that interests here.

Why can't someone have favorites exactly?
I'm not saying that you can't have favorites exactly but what I'm saying is you can't refuse to acknowledge a Pokemon for its type that you like.

Going by that logic, I can't ever be a REAL mono-Normal type trainer if I favor Furret over the others.
Well no but not acknowledging Exploud as a normal type you think is ugly isn't going to fly.

Iris's name not Misty. Iris has a Ground and Steel type and Electric and Flying type on her team. She hasn't shown a will to catch every single Dragon type she encountered.

YES because I honestly believe Iris is going to catch a ZEKROM OR A RESHIRAM.

Good one, you caught me on that one.

Last edited:

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Saw the preview, I don't find the sense to this scene. I knew Zekrom would have to appear, but I guessed it would be to solve its encounter with Ash in the first episode of this Generation. Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
She has no right to picky and have favorites if she wants to be a dragon master.

Wait if you have a favourite team you can't have a favourite player?

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Wait if you have a team and you can't have a favourite player?

No, Iris can't have a favorite.

Don't you know by now that everything Iris does is wrong?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
YES because I honestly believe Iris is going to catch a ZEKROM OR A RESHIRAM.

Good one, you caught me on that one.
If Misty was riding Ho-Oh then Misty would be picky.
When it is Iris, it's all wrong. Why would it always has to be Ash ? It's not because his Pikachu has been affected by Zekrom that we're all screaming "Ash deserved it because he saw it!".

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, Iris has always had an interest in Zekrom.

FierceIris

Dragon Master

Do you realise how that makes no sense whatsoever?

She has no right to favor? So, what you're saying is, that because Iris is aiming to become a Dragon Master, she can't prefer Axew before other Dragon-types?

dman_dustin

I just thrown a Pokéball on Totodile with Ash at the same time, we don't know who get it, but instead of go catching another one near by, I have to fight with Ash to get it.
That's what you call not being picky right ?
Of course, Misty had to fight Ash, it's right, it's good. But when it is Iris, it's all wrong. If Misty was catching Ho-Oh then Misty would be picky.

Considering the rarity of starters, no, she couldn't go catch another one, since there WAS NO other one around.

And since when does fighting for something equate to being picky?

She had every right to fight for Totodile, she wasn't just going to bend over and let Ash get it. She wasn't going to have someone walk all over her that isn't Misty. BUT Misty loves all water types, even the ones that Ash doesn't think are cute.

And LOL at the flawed logic of Misty catching a Ho-oh equating to her being picky. If Lugia was a water type and Misty would rather catch a Ho-oh then yes that would be her being Picky.

Do you realise how that makes no sense whatsoever?

She has no right to favor? So, what you're saying is, that because Iris is aiming to become a Dragon Master, she can't prefer Axew before other Dragon-types?

You do understand she had NO CHOICE in her dragon partner, right?

Whether she actually genuinely believes Axew and it's evolutions are better than the other dragons really has no bearing on anything.

Since the Matron gave her the Axew whether she wanted or not, of course Iris is going to be grateful, even if Iris hated the Axew line, she would've had no choice and would've had to take care of it.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Considering the rarity of starters, no, she couldn't go catch another one, since there WAS NO other one around.

And since when does fighting for something equate to being picky?

She had every right to fight for Totodile, she was just going to bend over and let Ash get it. She wasn't going to have someone walk all over her that isn't Misty. BUT Misty loves all water types, even the ones that Ash doesn't think are cute.

And LOL at the flawed logic of Misty catching a Ho-oh equating to her being picky. If Lugia was a water type and Misty would rather catch a Ho-oh then yes that would be her being Picky.

I meant by "another one" another water type Pokémon.
And by Ho-Oh I wanted to say that it is not because Ash saw it like 3 times that Ash's name is write on it. If Gary was catching Ho-Oh, what it would have done ? Nothing.
The same logic goes here. Maybe Ash saw Zekrom, maybe Ash has been affected, maybe those legends said a guy with a Pikachu and all the stuff like that but that doesn't mean Iris cannot have a bond with the Dragon that she wanted to see in person.

FierceIris

Dragon Master
You do understand she had NO CHOICE in her dragon partner, right?

Whether she actually genuinely believes Axew and it's evolutions are better than the other dragons really has no bearing on anything.

Since the Matron gave her the Axew whether she wanted or not, of course Iris is going to be grateful, even if Iris hated the Axew line, she would've had no choice and would've had to take care of it.

You're obviously missing my point.

Axew was Iris' first Pokémon, and considering for how long they've been traveling each other, wouldn't it be natural for Iris to prefer the Axew-line over other Dragons? Even if it isn't her Axew specifically, she still does surely prefer the Axew-line before, for an example, Druddigon. Just because Iris wants to be a Dragon Master she doesn't lose the right to prefer some Dragons over others, because she still surely loves all of them.

Rohanator

Why the f*ck are you having such an argument of "Iris favouring Zekrom". We've seen one random shot of her riding the thing, not knowing why, how, if it's even real(it probably is but still). Hello?

And Misty doesn't favor anyone, then why was big boy Poliwhirls sent out like 90% of the time in Johto?

I don't get the complaints about Iris controlling Zekrom. She wants to become a Dragon Master so it makes sense. Who's to say that Ash doesn't have any moments with Zekrom in this arc? I mean N encountered Reshiram but who ended up controlling him for most of the episode? Ghetsis and Colress.

dman_dustin

I meant by "another one" another water type Pokémon.

And Misty would've done this why?

Considering there was no other noticeable water type Pokemon. As Totodile was the ONLY wild water Pokemon IN that episode.

And by Ho-Oh I wanted to say that it is not because Ash saw it like 3 times that Ash's name is write on it. If Gary was catching Ho-Oh, what it would have done ? Nothing.
The same logic goes here. Maybe Ash saw Zekrom, maybe Ash has been affected, maybe those legends said a guy with a Pikachu and all the stuff like that but that doesn't mean Iris cannot have a bond with the Dragon that she wanted to see in person.

Again big difference.

Ho-oh is not a water type.

Both Reshiram and Zekrom are dragon types, the type Iris affiliates her self.

She only has ever acknowledged Zekrom, in all excited tones.

Maybe it's just me being completely and utterly confused, but I think it's B.S. for Iris to not acknowledge Reshiram and be excited by it but suddenly out of the blue, she has a preference over Zekrom, and she actually would do anything to see Zekrom "be with" Zekrom and she can't even show a little enthusiasm for Reshiram.

I honestly don't care about favorites or picky any more. But I do think it's crap.

If Reshiram was so linked to N, and that's why the writers completely forgot about Iris, why couldn't they do the same with Ash and Zekrom.

If Iris needs to have a connection with any Dragon type, why not actually have it be Kyurem, and also develop her character in the process, because of her fear of ice types.

Oh right because we don't need to see a deformed chicken creature in the show, right?

diakyu

Who's to say that Ash doesn't have any moments with Zekrom in this arc?
He better because whenever Zekrom is mentioned in BW, Ash is somehow involved.

Edit: Actually, I'd be fine with this if it's Iris commanding Zekrom against Kyurem at the ice ruins.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I don't get the complaints about Iris controlling Zekrom. She wants to become a Dragon Master so it makes sense. Who's to say that Ash doesn't have any moments with Zekrom in this arc? I mean N encountered Reshiram but who ended up controlling him for most of the episode? Ghetsis and Colress.

I thought you learned by this point that anything Iris does is a sin worthy of being hated. How dare she "take Zekrom away[from Ash!]" and have her favorites and not be a submissive emotional girl 95% of the time.

I gotta say, if this is leading up to an arc. with Zekrom.(We got something similar with Reshiram, Kami Trio + Meloetta.) I'm gonna be surprised and excited, Zekrom could appear sporadically throughout Da! or be like Iris's Ho-Oh or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.