• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E? - Iris and Zekrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

Okay I think I've warmed up to this. And some of you need to understand that some most of the problem is no not that Iris is in the spotlight. It's that she's using a Zekrom, a Pokemon the anime has led me to believe would pair up with Ash (movie aside obviously). I really would not care if Iris suddenly took out a pokeball and revealed she had an Arceus holding a dragon plate and then preceded to curb-stomp everyone she met. But it being a Zekrom really rustles my jimmies.

Infernape55

Some Sketchy Guy
Hmm...perhaps some sort of debate over/having to prove something to Zekrom will re-spark the rivalry between Iris and Ash that was shown on the poster. Either way, I'm glad Zekrom is getting an animated appearance at the very least.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
GUISE! There are people who haven't accepted the amazing Dragon Master Iris? She deserves to bond with Zekrom. She has done so much in her short 3 years on this show. She's proved her worth more than Ash has in 15 years. Sure Axew is still a baby after so long, but she still has that champion status Dragonite. Iris is so good, she doesn't even need dragons to be a dragon master. Iris is so good, she doesn't even need to train, all the great Pokémon adore her and join her. It only makes sense that Iris bonds with Zekrom because she wanted to. It's our right to get what we want when we want all the time. Others don't deserve that treatment though, Ash and Cilan are waaaaaay out of Queen Iris' league.

Reshiram? Who needs an ugly Reshiram? Not even worthy of Iris' dragongasm. Not like Reshiram is equal to Zekrom or anything

How can all of you be hatin'? What kids...srsly grow up guise

diakyu

Does saying that she really wanted to meet Zekrom really justify this?

Edit: Baah just forget it. It's like yelling at the sky since we know next to nothing about this.

JD

GUISE! There are people who haven't accepted the amazing Dragon Master Iris? She deserves to bond with Zekrom. She has done so much in her short 3 years on this show. She's proved her worth more than Ash has in 15 years. Sure Axew is still a baby after so long, but she still has that champion status Dragonite. Iris is so good, she doesn't even need dragons to be a dragon master. Iris is so good, she doesn't even need to train, all the great Pokémon adore her and join her. It only makes sense that Iris bonds with Zekrom because she wanted to. It's our right to get what we want when we want all the time. Others don't deserve that treatment though, Ash and Cilan are waaaaaay out of Queen Iris' league.

Reshiram? Who needs an ugly Reshiram? Not even worthy of Iris' dragongasm. Not like Reshiram is equal to Zekrom or anything

I have no idea how she has proved that she is better than Ash given that he without a doubt was going to defeat her in their last battle. The main problem I'm starting to have problems with her is she's just randomly handed things out of the blue without even working for it and I shouldn't even have to explain what I mean by this.

Smh. Why can't Iris bask in the spotlight without constantly being dragged for it? I don't understand how her riding on Zekrom is anything to seethe about. I mean didn't we already know that she wanted to meet Zekrom? And it's not like she's going to capture it (I was obviously joking before when I said that she might). Ash has befriended dozens of Legendary Pokemon throughout his journey and most of his friends have befriended at least one as well. Why can't Iris bond with this Zekrom?

Besides Max Dawn was the only one and she bonded with Mespirit. That was actually important to the plot though unlike this Iris with Zekrom nonsense when she got more excited over a Darumaka and hasn't shown any interest in Zekrom/Reshiram up to this point.

I really think the writers are making a mistake with this though. I'd rather her just train Axew or something like that so he could end up evolving.

Last edited:

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Oh hell, Zekrom should've appeared in Episode N, to stop Reshiram.

I hope it's just an illusion to be honest. I'll be genuinely annoyed if Iris gets handed another cool Pokemon interaction. IMO, Reshiram was pretty screwed in Episode N. If they're REALLY doing it, then they better not power down Zekrom.

Or maybe it's just an illusion. Maybe Jirachi granted it.

Honestly, DA just feel so forced for me. It's like they're doing too much at once: Oshawott development, Cilan development, legendary fillers... I need some pacing.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Iris will catch zekrom and the shiny druddigon, and her final main team will be Zekrom, Haxorus, excadrill, and Druddigon.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Where did this come from? I leave for a day or two to find this going on? Seriously, I don't get it. I get Iris wanting to see Zekrom but I thought she would be more interesting in Respiham(excuse spelling) than Zekrom. I get Iris being the dragon master and all but she doesn't need to bond with all the dragons plus legendaries as well. Besides, even though Zekrom is a dragon, it's still an electric type and is the reason why Piakchu was so weak in the first place. I wish it would have bonded with Pikachu and Ash as an apology or something of why it sucked the power out of him in the first place. But Iris is leaving anyway, so do what you will writers. I'm staying out of this.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So Zekrom is stepping outside of the Unova region after all. Kyurem better be appearing as well.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who supports Iris. :)

Anyway, apparently Iris can't win no matter what happens. If it's really Zekrom, she's going to be dragged for filth and if it's Zoroark's or Jirachi's doing, people will laugh at Iris and shade her some more. It's a lose-lose situation unfortunately. I'm used to these kinds of things when Oshawott is involved, but I'm stumped now that it's happening to the Queen.

diakyu

So Zekrom is stepping outside of the Unova region after all. Kyurem better be appearing as well.
Like I've said before, we know a place called the ice ruins exist. Whose to say we don't have an episode centered around it? Heck, it could even be this episode. Get Zekrom, kyurem, and black kyurem done in one swoop.

Lucas MV

Am I the only one who thinks this comment is SARCASM?

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Am I the only one who thinks this comment is SARCASM?

I guess I'm better at satire than I thought. Nah haha I can understand JD's mistake because of others having crazy opinions too.

But as for Ciccone, I'm very disappointed in you. The trolling isn't funny. How could anyone actually support what I said?

Anyways I agree with Taidow, it's most likely some kind of illusion. They probably showed it for the shock value because of it being out of context

diakyu

It really isn't that surprising if this scene is from Decorola's climax. As much as people like to act like DA! is nothing but filler, we need to remember this arc will be the end of BW so it will hold BW's climax. And this scene screams climax episode to me. And this arc already has some crazy things going on, so why not Iris pairing up with Zekrom? As much as I don't like it, it is very possible.

gohan5

Irisboy
It really isn't that surprising if this scene is from Decorola's climax. As much as people like to act like DA! is nothing but filler, we need to remember this arc will be the end of BW so it will hold BW's climax. And this scene screams climax episode to me. And this arc already has some crazy things going on, so why not Iris pairing up with Zekrom? As much as I don't like it, it is very possible.

The only thing about that is, one we know of no antagonist to bring out Zekrom. And two, if such a thing was the climax, wouldn't that be part of the majority of DA's announcements? Just like we knew of Reshiram's appearance practically since Episode N was first promoted. Like Fonz said, it's probably just shock value, because it has no meaning in the big plot of DA.

The only thing about that is, one we know of no antagonist to bring out Zekrom. And two, if such a thing was the climax, wouldn't that be part of the majority of DA's announcements? Just like we knew of Reshiram's appearance practically since Episode N was first promoted. Like Fonz said, it's probably just shock value, because it has no meaning in the big plot of DA.

If they wanted an antagonist to try and capture Zekrom, they have Team Rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.