• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E12 - Enter Alexa! Helioptile and Gogoat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
Everything works out then, dub Da up til this episode, then immediately move on to XY.

PokemonTrainerTyler

i counted the episodes it'd take for america to get to this episode if there were no breaks, and surprisingly, it's the week before the game is released, kinda nice how it ended up that way.

HA! That is cool

Everything works out then, dub Da up til this episode, then immediately move on to XY.

Factoring how what we know Tom said in previous seasons dubbing for XY and has begun most likely. Now when we get it who knows. Maybe CN will air double eps till then or do eps mo-fri till XY and go back to one per week. Or maybe we get a XY preview like we got for AG and DP

RickHoenn

Banned
i counted the episodes it'd take for america to get to this episode if there were no breaks, and surprisingly, it's the week before the game is released, kinda nice how it ended up that way.

Nice! I can't wait for X & Y anime :D Da! is getting on my nerves for its boring episodes and I think this is the first ep. from this arc that caught my attention!

Gogoat is cool. XD

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
We need at least the Sayonaraa episode to air as well. And it's not only about the US dub anime don't forget the German or other countries. I doubt they will just forget episodes especially if there is some development for Iris or Ash's pokemon.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

So then they will just have this episode in the dub, And then ash will Randomly in kalos, with iris and cilan nowhere to be seen with no explanation? Nope, sorry, there won't be any cut out dub episodes...unless maybe A few early filler ones like the oshawott and zoroark episodes.

FlyAsADunsparce

CN could just show a marathon with all the DA! episodes like a week before the XY dub starts though...

I wonder if Ash will learn about Fairy types in DA! too.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
CN could just show a marathon with all the DA! episodes like a week before the XY dub starts though...

I wonder if Ash will learn about Fairy types in DA! too.

They arent going to do that though, so we just have to accept Da will be played fully over time. The most I could see is two per weekend.

And I could see sylveon still appearing, which would show it to ash.

diakyu

So this is interesting. Glad Helioptile is in it, he's awesome. But I need to wait for more info.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️

TPCi are not gonna skip out on dubbing episodes nor are CN going to skip out on airing episodes that bind to their contract with TPCi and money they have to spend on these episode.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Didn't they air a bunch of eps during the last few eps of BF and the same in June and July of 07 for DP?

They did marathon through the first season of DP weekly and most of BF, otherwise CN doesn't do that anymore for quite a few reasons. One, they aren't given shared marketing value anymore from Pokemon and it's a third party show and two they likely aren't gonna blow their whole season load of episodes away. They'll continue forth with the one episode a week deal unless TPCi intervenes and says otherwise.(Which is pretty much zero so far.)

FlyAsADunsparce

They'll continue forth with the one episode a week deal unless TPCi intervenes and says otherwise.(Which is pretty much zero so far.)

If TPCi is smart, they'd pay CN some extra money so they will do the DA! marathon isntead of weekly episodes. This way you can start with the XY anime on the release dat which is extra marketing and will most likely be a profitable investment on TPCi's part.

As you said there's nothing in it for CN unless you give them a reason ,which is extra money. Plus CN still generates revenue from commercial breaks.

Anyway that was totally off topic.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So this is a DA episode? How weird. Surprisingly, I'm not looking forward to it. I love Gogoat to death, but I don't know why the writers are already hyping up the next generation in the anime when we don't even have info on the next anime saga. I mean it's one thing to show a Gen 6 Pokemon in one episode as a teaser of what's to come, and another to introduce two at the same time. It's so gimmicky and it makes this episode seem like another Johto Festival type thing that only serves to heavily promote a game, albeit one that won't even be released until October. It seems way too early for this imo.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Man, I wish I can see that picture more clearly. I hope they hurry up with Da! so that my attention will be in XY.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
So this is a DA episode? How weird. Surprisingly, I'm not looking forward to it. I love Gogoat to death, but I don't know why the writers are already hyping up the next generation in the anime when we don't even have info on the next anime saga. I mean it's one thing to show a Gen 6 Pokemon in one episode as a teaser of what's to come, and another to introduce two at the same time. It's so gimmicky and it makes this episode seem like another Johto Festival type thing that only serves to heavily promote a game, albeit one that won't even be released until October. It seems way too early for this imo.

But it wasn't gimmicky to have klecleon at the johto league or ash fight a fully evolved gen 3 starter in his final league battle?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
But it wasn't gimmicky to have klecleon at the johto league or ash fight a fully evolved gen 3 starter in his final league battle?

Like I said, one new Pokemon is fair enough, but two at this stage seems unnecessary and just plain forced to me. The games won't be released for months and the writers are already bombarding us with new Pokemon that have nothing to do with BW imo. And I'm also a little pressed that Helioptile gets to debut before Pancham and Shishiko. I just can't imagine why Helioptile would appear first given that it's not even popular to begin with, at least not as popular as King Pancham and Queen Shishiko imo.

If TPCi is smart, they'd pay CN some extra money so they will do the DA! marathon isntead of weekly episodes. This way you can start with the XY anime on the release dat which is extra marketing and will most likely be a profitable investment on TPCi's part.

As you said there's nothing in it for CN unless you give them a reason ,which is extra money. Plus CN still generates revenue from commercial breaks.

If they have to run a marathon, they have to overwork too.

Logical Fallacy.

There is a reason marathons always have already aired episodes re-airing with one or two new episodes.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I'd still say there will be a bit of a delay between them, because Japan is more prone to breaks, therefore giving them a few weeks head start wouldn't be so bad.

Anyway, glad to see Helioptile and Gogoat in this. They're really pushing Gogoat aren't they? It will be interesting to see if Pansy gives us any hints or anything (And I suppose CoroCoro will have been out by then, so maybe we will get more info on Pansy then)

dman_dustin

As it's been said, that couldn't happen. I don't care if the TPCI gets the episode before it airs in Japan, that doesn't change the fact that they could not dub it fast enough for it to air, around the same time as the Japanese. At best we are looking at a month difference, and I'm sure that would be straining the dub team a little thin.

Why do I believe this? Because look at how the Japanese do it. If TPCI could dub an episode and air it at the same time as the Japanese, then the Japanese should theoretically be able to air 2 episode a week for a 100 episodes a year (approximately), the Japanese do it in a way where if something happens, they can just skip 3 episodes and still be able to air episodes without taking a hiatus of any kind. That's how they do it, they have quite a few episodes ready to air before they actually air. TPCI would not be able to dub so many episode at once, to make it just like it was in Japan. Sure they could easily have the first episode dubbed and ready to air within a week after the Japanese, but they'd probably still be working on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th episode, that they couldn't do it. Because it would be straining the dub production too thin, to the point of probably illegality. There's a reason the gap is the way it is, to comfortably dub an episode, at an appropriate pace.

------------

Anyway I'm surprised we are getting 6th gen during this filler saga, I guess 5th gen couldn't be in 4th gen because it was still 4th gen and not 4th gen (filler saga).

Status
Not open for further replies.