• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E14 - Clair and Iris! The Shiny Druddigon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I don't care which one showed up... guess it makes a little sense for Clair considering Iris is only becoming the 8th gym leader right now. Oh man, could you image if Iris returned as Champion if Ash hasn't won a league yet? XD

People would be butthurt to say the least , but at least she would have her champion design.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Well Iris didn't catch any pokemons until now. All of them have just joined her.

Excadrill - Joined her as a Drilbur because they had become good friends.
Axew - Was given by the old granny.
Emolga - Joined her because it wanted free food and apples.
Dragonite - Took a liking to her and joined her team.

Iris has yet to properly capture a pokemon through a battle (using her own strength), like Cilan's capture of Stunfisk or Ash's capture of Pidove, Snivy, Palpitoad, Roggenrola during the course of Unova.
It doesn't really matter. Iris has four Pokemon, Hikari was given Togekiss, Hinoarashi, Pochama, and traded Satoshi's monkey. Haruka was given Eevee, Achamo, Zenigame, and Gonbe's capture was a fluke.
One thing i don't want to happen is Iris knowing about Clair from the start.
Her knowledge outside of the Unova region should be kept at minimum (like her not knowing about Tyranitar or Charizard not being a dragon type), and it about time that Ash should be the one who gives her the info regarding anything relating to the older regions (even Clair and the Dragon's Den).
I really wish people would drop this "Satoshi should have a superiority complex over Iris" stuff. It's absolutely unnerving how people can be so upset over Iris knowing about things outside of Isshu.(Remember back in early BW where she identified the Kairyu skeleton? So she does know about things outside of Isshu.) If she does there's no problem.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Another Shiny Pokemon? Jesus Christ, they appear so often in the anime that they've lost their novelty imo. And I'm going to rage if my good sis Iris decides to leave to Johto after meeting Clair and being inspired by her Dragon Pokemon or whatever. I just want Clair to tell Iris straight-up that her Axew needs better training so it can evolve and achieve its goal.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I'm hoping that iris gets the shiny drud, would be a great addition along with her later getting a small dieno and training that I up once axew evolves
I have a feeling that iris will definitely leave now...
She has so many options now, she could go with Clair or become the gym leader

I'm really happy for clamor to be returning I really loved her
And I can't remember but did her Dragonair evolve all ready?
I foggy remember a dragonite burning up the shrine or something?...

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I'd actually be happy if the writers have Iris leave with Clair, they've given her some development toward her goal and all her Pokemon have personalities. They've given her quite a few options already and fleshed out her backstory and I feel like I enjoyed the long ride and investing my time in her character and rooting for her. So, in other words, it's good to have a sense of "complete" when one of your favorite characters might possibly leave.

TBH, I don't think Iris is going with Clair. I think her Dragonite is a more likely candidate and she could take that Druddigon with her along the Dekorola Archipelago, ala something similar to Vulpix and Brock. Druddigon is a cool Pokemon and one my favorite, but I personally really like Dragonite's personality and its presence in the show is a treat for me in itself. That seems most likely to me, even though Druddigon probably wouldn't rock as much as Dragonite.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Clair, huh? This is the first episode in a long time that I'm looking forward to seeing. It's been a bunch of snoozefests for the majority of BW.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I really wish people would drop this "Satoshi should have a superiority complex over Iris" stuff. It's absolutely unnerving how people can be so upset over Iris knowing about things outside of Isshu.(Remember back in early BW where she identified the Kairyu skeleton? So she does know about things outside of Isshu.) If she does there's no problem.

Its not about Ash having superiority complex, its about Ash being a more experienced trainer that Iris which should the real factor.

Ash having traveled around 4 regions before coming to Unova should atleast be shown to have more knowledge than a girl who just started traveling and doesn't know simple things.

And unlike Cilan who should obviously be more knowledgeable than Ash about varies things (since he is a Pokemon Sommelier), Iris doesn't have that much knowledge herself regarding anything outside of Unova (though her knowledge regarding Unova is also less), but still has been shown to disrespect and downplay Ash's knowledge (in comparison to her own).

Atleast May and Dawn did showed a bit of respect towards Ash since he was there senior in knowledge regarding pokemons and pokemon battles, and respected Brock even more because he was more knowledgeable than Ash. But Iris isn't shown to be like that.

Also how can we expect a person to be knowledgeable, if they don't know the simple fact that a Charizard is not dragon type, even-though she should have good amount of knowledge on Dragon types (since she is a Dragon Master in training).

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
why is everyone making such a big deal about clair? Butterfree is in one of those pictures! I was shocked to see Pidgeotto and primeape in those charizard flashbacks. We might get a physical appearance of butterfree after 16 years.

why is everyone making such a big deal about clair? Butterfree is in one of those pictures! I was shocked to see Pidgeotto and primeape in those charizard flashbacks. We might get a physical appearance of butterfree after 16 years.

Because this is a thread about Clairs return. Why would people talk about Butterfree here? You want people making a fuss over Butterfree then there's plenty of that in its thread

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Its not about Ash having superiority complex, its about Ash being a more experienced trainer that Iris which should the real factor.
There is no "should" Iris isn't May or Dawn, she's not a beginner. Cilan is just as much Unovan as she is and knows his stuff as well. Any use of "should" is subjective, not objective thus trying to to say what Iris should and shouldn't know. Iris could very well know who Clair is, she knew Cynthia and Garchomp iirc.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
To be honest, I don't have any issues with Iris staying in Johto. Heck, she might go back to Unova though, and train with Drayden. All she could get from Johto is learning and experience from Clair in a episode.

If that poster is for real, then oh gosh, this is going to be a kick butt Summer!

Nacreous

Fire trainer
So,Iris's Dragonite falls in love with Clair's Dragonite and Iris has to stay in Johto for Dragonite to procreate and to be a sexy beast.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Like I said in the main thread, I can totally see Iris leaving to Johto with Clair, or at least decides a few episodes after her encounter with Clair to go to Johto. Something like Clair says she's going back to Blackthorn to meet Lance to train with their dragon Pokémon, and she says to Iris she should come. Or Clair's Dragonair evolves into Dragonite off-screen, and Iris Dragonite falls in love with it, and leaves with Clair and her Dragonite, and Clair says to Iris she should come to Johto to train with her.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So,Iris's Dragonite falls in love with Clair's Dragonite and Iris has to stay in Johto for Dragonite to procreate and to be a sexy beast.

The mix between the evil Togepi avatar, the mention of Dragonite leaving, and the Liepard image make this post amusing.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm thinking Iris goes to Johto to train under Clair for awhile.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Except the two Dragonite don't seem to like each other judging by the image that we have. And for all we know, the other Dragonite is male anyway. Dragonite might just develop a rivalry with it like he usually does with other strong Pokemon.

nuzamaki90

There is no "should" Iris isn't May or Dawn, she's not a beginner. Cilan is just as much Unovan as she is and knows his stuff as well. Any use of "should" is subjective, not objective thus trying to to say what Iris should and shouldn't know. Iris could very well know who Clair is, she knew Cynthia and Garchomp iirc.

Wtf? Iris is a beginner, fool, ya fool

Saying she isn't because she owned a Excadrill is bullcrap because she couldn't even get it to listen to her in the first place. Her strongest Pokemon is a Dragonite that didn't listen to her either until it got its *** kicked by some legendaries that she already lost against once, and she decided to use her Axew that causes trouble everywhere it goes against the Sinnoh Champion and her Garchomp, actually expecting Axew to win.

IMO, Iris should get some advice on being a Dragon Master from Ash. He's fought his fair share of Dragons (especially of the Dragonite line), and he's had a good past with the dragon-like ones he own know (Gible and Charizard).

The writers should have let Ash continue his mentor role rather than have Iris bash him even though she knows nothing of his successful history and thinking a Charizard was a Dragon-type.

To quote, "What a little kid" -___-

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Wtf? Iris is a beginner, fool, ya fool

Saying she isn't because she owned a Excadrill is bullcrap because she couldn't even get it to listen to her in the first place. Her strongest Pokemon is a Dragonite that didn't listen to her either until it got its *** kicked by some legendaries that she already lost against once, and she decided to use her Axew that causes trouble everywhere it goes against the Sinnoh Champion and her Garchomp, actually expecting Axew to win.

IMO, Iris should get some advice on being a Dragon Master from Ash. He's fought his fair share of Dragons (especially of the Dragonite line), and he's had a good past with the dragon-like ones he own know (Gible and Charizard).

The writers should have let Ash continue his mentor role rather than have Iris bash him even though she knows nothing of his successful history and thinking a Charizard was a Dragon-type.

To quote, "What a little kid" -___-
Iris isn't a beginner, she was portrayed as being an exceptional trainer from a young age and went to school before starting her journey to learn things should would have to know. She's shown to know what a lot of Unova Pokemon are and to already be knowledgeable in several areas. You're incorrect. I know people prefer having females who are submissive toward Ash and ignorant toward new aspects in their journey but I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise. She used Axew because she wanted it to get some training against a very strong Dragon-type, she didn't actually think she would win.

Status
Not open for further replies.