• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E14 - Clair and Iris! The Shiny Druddigon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Clair is a perfect ticket for Iris to be sent off. But expecting her to be leaving in this episode is really silly and shows how much they respect her character. I mean seriously? Do people forget the fact they are having this journey specifically to go to Kanto. It will be utterly stupid for her to leave before that happens. She can always go with Clair afterwards.

Just because some may want her to leave now doesn't mean they disrespect or her respect at all. I don't see the purpose for all of them to go to Kanto and then leave right away anyhow. Especially since in XY they show Ash being straight in the first town. Besides, what's the point of going to Kanto as a journey if Iris would want to go to Johto anyway?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Just because some may want her to leave now doesn't mean they disrespect or her respect at all. I don't see the purpose for all of them to go to Kanto and then leave right away anyhow. Especially since in XY they show Ash being straight in the first town. Besides, what's the point of going to Kanto as a journey if Iris would want to go to Johto anyway?

She would only realize that there's a goal in Johto after meeting Claire I'd presume.

Janovy

Banned
There's literally no time for Iris to shine here, which is unfortunate.
You're exaggerating, like always.

The flashbacks will be short, they won't even last half a minute.

Locormus

You're exaggerating, like always.

The flashbacks will be short, they won't even last half a minute.

It will still likely not be the entire Iris dedicated episode we had hoped. What if there is a Striaton Triplets episode, and quite a chunk is dedicated to some Sunflora needing special aid, and Ash remembers helping a Sunkern back in Johto?

It's just not what you would have hoped for, isn't it?

It will still likely not be the entire Iris dedicated episode we had hoped. What if there is a Striaton Triplets episode, and quite a chunk is dedicated to some Sunflora needing special aid, and Ash remembers helping a Sunkern back in Johto?

It's just not what you would have hoped for, isn't it?

And what exactly points out that it isn't an Iris focused episode? In a 30 sec trailer we saw Dragonites fighting each other and kicking Charizard, a moment that clearly is going to develop similarities or some kind of mutual respect or wtv the heck it is between Iris and Clair. Then we had a clip of Iris's flash back. Even the Druddigon part involves Clair calming Druddigon. I am not sure what part of this episode doesn't HAVE to do with Iris. Everything about Clair is also about Iris because Iris develops every second as she watches Clair.

Pray tell me, what part of the 30 sec preview other than the presence of TR and a bit of flash back which could easily not be more than 2-3 seconds long in the actual episode is NOT about Iris.

You are exaggerating and so is Charmed.

Locormus

And what exactly points out that it isn't an Iris focused episode? In a 30 sec trailer we saw Dragonites fighting each other and kicking Charizard, a moment that clearly is going to develop similarities or some kind of mutual respect or wtv the heck it is between Iris and Clair. Then we had a clip of Iris's flash back. Even the Druddigon part involves Clair calming Druddigon. I am not sure what part of this episode doesn't HAVE to do with Iris. Everything about Clair is also about Iris because Iris develops every second as she watches Clair.

Pray tell me, what part of the 30 sec preview other than the presence of TR and a bit of flash back which could easily not be more than 2-3 seconds long in the actual episode is NOT about Iris.

You are exaggerating and so is Charmed.

First off all, I'm not letting anything out of what may distract from Iris development. And second, I want Iris to get a good episode, so don't try to put me off as the haters.

- Team Rocket butting in.
- Ash having to barge in and reintroduce himself with Claire.
- Ash and his flashbacks..
- Ash and Charizard butting in at times where it really isn't necessary for Ash to shove Charizard in the scene.
- Finding the lost Dragonite-subplot?
- We're at the back, back, back end of the series, at this point, I want Iris to calm the freaking Druddigon and not have Claire do it for her.

Iris may very well walk along Claire's cape in this episode, but that's not Iris taking charge and showing she's grown in her skill. Especially if Claire is the one fixing the situation.

I might be exaggerating, but I want something good for one of the sole episodes I've been looking forward too since we got the poster. I'm very well allowed to be critical.

RickHoenn

Banned
People were/are complaining about flashbacks?! that **** cray... every day's the search for a new thing to complain lol

First off all, I'm not letting anything out of what may distract from Iris development. And second, I want Iris to get a good episode, so don't try to put me off as the haters.

- Ash and Charizard butting in at times where it really isn't necessary for Ash to shove Charizard in the scene.
- We're at the back, back, back end of the series, at this point, I want Iris to calm the freaking Druddigon and not have Claire do it for her.

Iris may very well walk along Claire's cape in this episode, but that's not Iris taking charge and showing she's grown in her skill. Especially if Claire is the one fixing the situation.

I might be exaggerating, but I want something good for one of the sole episodes I've been looking forward too since we got the poster. I'm very well allowed to be critical.

Well sorry if I seemed like grouping you with the "haters". I don't see any as one....and try to be neutral.

Iris and Clair, I am not sure about you but I have always believed that this episode will focus on Clair as a superior Dragon trainer while Iris watching her and try showing a bit of her own skill too. That's exactly what's going on here.

-Team Rocket Butting in: Happens every episode. It's a constant complaint but there's nothing we can do here.
-Ash having to barge and........: I believe this is a NECESSITY as the animators are essentially introducing a decade old character. The flash backs will hardly take more than 5 seconds. I am not sure HOW that is affecting Iris's growth.
- It's character interaction. Just like the previous two points. It is hardly the focus of the episode and it's only a "part" of the Dragonite scene. Charizard isn't stealing focus, its merely spending extra two seconds to please a few fans, which is not wrong.

The episode is about Iris and Clair. Not just Iris. This is definitely not the episode you are looking for if you expect Iris to be the dominant role here. The dominant role will be Clair's AND Iris's. Iris won't learn anything new, she will only learn about Clair, will be impressed by her and then follows her. It is Iris-centric nonetheless and Ash, Dento are minor roles.

I am not saying that Iris won't be doing nothing. She is in fact doing a great job constraining Dragonite. She only left the Druddigon limelight to Clair, because she's the character she is supposed to follow ultimately.

You are allowed to be criticial, and I think I am allowed to be critical about your post :p

Last edited:

Locormus

People were/are complaining about flashbacks?! that **** cray... every day's the search for a new thing to complain lol

Mèh, I've disliked the Best Wishes flashbacks as a whole. This is nothing new. I just hope that Iris' flashback will be helpful to the plot, who knows, perhaps even Claire has had those feelings at one point.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

:)

Of course. Is anyone expecting anything less from them at this time?

Well duh! Ash is probably the only one that knows her so he'll have to be the one to introduce her.

This will probably be for the kids who started to watch BW and know nothing about what happened back in Johto.

Well since it's here, were you expecting it not to be involved especially when dragons are around?

I'm getting tired of Dragonites period. So I'm not caring about this.

I actually wanted Claire to be the one to do something worth while with dragons. I'm tired of Iris always trying to calm other dragons down. Maybe if Claire did it maybe she'll realize that she needs more work to do and leave.

Iris is still just a kid after all so it would be nice to let the adult handle to situation and have her observe instead of the other way around.

This is still "Da" after all so don't be too upset when things don't go well in this series.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I actually wanted Claire to be the one to do something worth while with dragons. I'm tired of Iris always trying to calm other dragons down. Maybe if Claire did it maybe she'll realize that she needs more work to do and leave.
Iris is still just a kid after all so it would be nice to let the adult handle to situation and have her observe instead of the other way around.

I agree with that. I actually find somewhat refreshing the fact that Clair is taking care of the situation. And who knows, maybe Iris apply the experience acquired in another Da! episode, like the Zekrom's one.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

Actual new content is better than flashbacks, no matter how much of a makeover was forced onto it.

Locormus

I agree with that. I actually find somewhat refreshing the fact that Clair is taking care of the situation. And who knows, maybe Iris apply the experience acquired in another Da! episode, like the Zekrom's one.

I'm going to laugh if Zekrom really appears, or if it's just going to be a flashback. The reason why I'm so uptight about this episode is because it is quite likely Iris' last hoora.. And if this doesn't showcase what she has achieved on the ride, then I don't know what will...

I really don't think Iris is gonna be the star here but I'm actually glad because Clair is back and that'll be worth watching I just hope the writers don't screw this up like they did with some of the other nostalgia episodes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Iris is staring in this episode. xD Clair's here, but this is an Iris episode. Lol

How can she be the star when almost nothing directly involves her? We already know that Ash and co will meet Clair, then flashbacks will happen, then Clair will look for her lost Dragonite, then the two Dragonite fight, then the Shiny Druddigon appears, and everything seems to end with Team Rocket showing up. That's what the newest preview suggests along with some of the previously mentioned info. Imho, there's literally nothing that suggests Iris will get any actual character development and that's the crux of the issue imo.

How can she be the star when almost nothing directly involves her? We already know that Ash and co will meet Clair, then flashbacks will happen, then Clair will look for her lost Dragonite, then the two Dragonite fight, then the Shiny Druddigon appears, and everything seems to end with Team Rocket showing up. That's what the newest preview suggests along with some of the previously mentioned info. Imho, there's literally nothing that suggests Iris will get any actual character development and that's the crux of the issue imo.

I don't know. I just get the feeling that this is going to be an episode for her. I don't think she'll get any development, but this being an episode focused on her and Clair yes.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly I don't expect much for Iris here other then maybe Dragonite getting a win. I'm sure Clair and her will discuss some dragon type stuff but I don't expect anything big.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Honestly I don't expect much for Iris here other then maybe Dragonite getting a win. I'm sure Clair and her will discuss some dragon type stuff but I don't expect anything big.

Yeah, I don't too but at least Iris is still the focus of this episode. I feel like she's a developed character for now, it may only be foreshadowing her possible departure.

Yay for more flashbacks, though! :O

Status
Not open for further replies.