• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E14 - Clair and Iris! The Shiny Druddigon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
It's true though, iris is pretty much a misty 2.0, except she's not early as popular

Except that's not true, because I know for a fact that Iris is more popular than Misty and is around Dawn's popularity(She's also more popular than Misty.) apparently. I know you like May(She's my favorite Pokegirl if you didn't know.) but that's not an excuse to attack other characters and make baseless replies.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
But she's still a main character. Not developing a character, even IF she's leaving, is weak in itself.

there is nothing wrong with that, just don't see the point in giving her a Pokemon

And iris is the only main character to ever catch a pseudo legendary, so yea....

i think you meant sidekick ;)

Except that's not true, because I know for a fact that Iris is more popular than Misty and is around Dawn's popularity(She's also more popular than Misty.) apparently. I know you like May(She's my favorite Pokegirl if you didn't know.) but that's not an excuse to attack other characters and make baseless replies.

what fact might that Be then? and how is this an attack, her goal is exactly the same as Misty's, and she get's the same amount of screen time

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
there is nothing wrong with that, just don't see the point in giving her a Pokemon

No, I meant what I said. I consider Ash, all of his pokemon, the four girls to this point and all of their pokemon, and brock and cilan as main characters. Iris is a main character, like misty, may, and dawn. I don't care if you hated her....it doesn't change the fact.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
You should check the definition of sidekick if you don't think sidekicks are character. That would mean Robin isn't a character because he's Batman's sidekick. You don't actually make logical replies and counters for your points, you just rely on bashing and attacking when someone replies to you with logic. It's getting ridiculous.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
No, I meant what I said. I consider Ash, all of his pokemon, the four girls to this point and all of their pokemon, and brock and cilan as main characters. Iris is a main character, like misty, may, and dawn. I don't care if you hated her....it doesn't change the fact.

when did i ever say i hate her? she annoys me, But pretty much every character except my does that :) also by that logic you would call robin the main character of batman then?

You should check the definition of sidekick if you don't think sidekicks are character. That would mean Robin isn't a character because he's Batman's sidekick. You don't actually make logical replies and counters for your points, you just rely on bashing and attacking when someone replies to you with logic. It's getting ridiculous.

ohh cmon, how did you come up with the same argument as me, and unlike you, i actually give my reasons, you just said iris is popular without any proof what so ever. anyways this is going off topic

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Except that's not true, because I know fof s fact that Iris is more popular than Misty and is around Dawn's popularity(She's also more popular than Misty.) apparently. I know you like May(She's my favorite Pokegirl if you didn't know.) but that's not an excuse to attack other characters and make baseless replies.

Where's your proof? Dawn is the most popular Pokegirl if you're talking about Japan...but there's nothing that says Iris is really anymore popular than the others.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
when did i ever say i hate her? she annoys me, But pretty much every character except my does that :) also by that logic you would call robin the main character of batman then?

ohh cmon, how did you come up with the same argument as me, and unlike you, i actually give my reasons, you just said iris is popular without ay proof what so ever. anyways this is going off topic

I do consider Robin a main character, there can be more than one main character in a Show. And if iris isn't a main character for what she stands as, then neither was may. It's either both or none.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Where's your proof? Dawn is the most popular Pokegirl if you're talking about Japan...but there's nothing that says Iris is really anymore popular than the others.

Why am I not surprised that Dawn is probably the most popular Pokegirl? Because she has her haxPiplup god :D

Her team is literally a walking merchandise team. Cyndaquil, Piplup, Buneary, Pachirisu... Togekiss and Manmuu are Pt promotions... I think :3

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I do consider Robin a main character, there can be more than one main character in a Show. And if iris isn't a main character for what she stands as, then neither was may. It's either both or none.

may competed in contests and just like ash she traveled round collecting badges/ribbons till she made the grand festival, she was basically a female ash, iris just travels with ash.. that's all

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
may competed in contests and just like ash she traveled round collecting badges/ribbons till she made the grand festival, she was basically a female ash, iris just travels with ash.. that's all

Iris travels with ash, and has along the way becone next in line to become the opelucid gym leader, competed in a bunch of tournaments, and has a pseudo legendary. Both did different significant things with ash. Both are just as important of characters.

Encyclopika

The Queen
The amount of border-line and outright Iris, Axew, and Dragonite bashing, taunting, etc. is too damn high in this thread. You lot need to start discussing the episode at hand, and stop the bashing.

Iris is a main character. That means she's entitled to episodes centered around her. END OF DISCUSSION.
Yeah, we get it. "Axew gets lost" got played to death. You can stop crying and get over it now.
Dragonite. Big deal. It's here to stay, you can love it or leave it.
If you take issue with these, kindly leave this thread. If you have a negative opinion, be careful about how you voice it. Let's give an example:

CORRECT: I personally wouldn't mind if Iris left this episode, if that's confirmed. She wasn't exactly my favorite character. :/ I can't wait to see Clair though. I bet the battle between the two Dragonites will be pretty epic though!
INCORRECT: It's good Iris is leaving so we'll never have to worry about Axew getting lost again. LOLOL She was such a terrible character. <-notice how this post assumes everyone agrees with this sentiment, it gives no backup to the claim, and no comment about the ACTUAL TOPIC OF THIS THREAD. This is offending to Iris fans who DO exist and they WILL report you and I WILL infract you.

Now that you know how NOT to be a jerk, I have NO problem infracting anyone who thinks it'd be funny to bash Iris or any of her Pokemon, again in this thread, or anywhere, after this post. You all know what bashing is and it's tiring for the staff and the respectable members on this board to constantly see trolls bash characters some people may be fans of. Enough is enough.

And if it wasn't clear - GET BACK ON TOPIC. kthx

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
ohh cmon, how did you come up with the same argument as me, and unlike you, i actually give my reasons, you just said iris is popular without any proof what so ever. anyways this is going off topic
Where's your proof? I use 2chan as my marker for this stuff.

Where are you getting the idea Dawn is the most popular? Fansites? Because I know for a fact that Iris apparently really popular(Around Cynthia's level.) in Japan for sure. That mostly has to do with her being the Champion and having Dragonite and Axew(Japan apparently really loves Dragons for some reason...). Dawn's popularity mainly stems from her being a game silent character and her every so adored Piplup and how her whole team is full of walking ads. Platinum(Togekiss Mamo), HGSS(Cyndaquil), Pachirisu a Pikachu clone, and the ever so cute Buneary and Piplup. Mascots mainly make a character's popularity, Dawn had them.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Iris travels with ash, and has along the way becone next in line to become the opelucid gym leader, and has a pseudo legendary. Both did different significant things with ash. Both are just as important of characters.

well this all just falls under personal opinion, i personally think iris is a sidekick while you don't, let's just call it that, no point in changing each others opinions :)

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Where are you getting the idea Dawn is the most popular? Fansites? Because I know for a fact that Iris apparently really popular(Around Cynthia's level.) in Japan for sure. That mostly has to do with her being the Champion and having Dragonite and Axew(Japan apparently really loves Dragons for some reason...). Dawn's popularity mainly stems from her being a game silent character and her every so adored Piplup and how her whole team is full of walking ads. Platinum(Togekiss Mamo), HGSS(Cyndaquil), Pachirisu a Pikachu clone, and the ever so cute Buneary and Piplup. Mascots mainly make a character's popularity, Dawn had them.

Also, Dawn's popular because she was more of a co-star than anyone. Like how a few movie posters had Dawn/Ash side-by-side and Brock left out? High Touch is also the no. 1 proof that Dawn is a co-star, again, more than anyone else. And she has her own walking mascot that is adored by near every single kid in Japan. Like you said, her team is literally walking advertisements.

I think that might be why some people think Dawn is the most popular Pokegirl. I personally think so too, but I'm not really sure.

Anyways, does anyone think that Iris might fight claire in this episode. It'd be cool if they do a battle, but it gets interrupted by a shiny Druddigon. I'd love it if Iris catches Druddigon via battling, rather than befriending it. I think it might also have a rivalry with D-nite. Anyways, cool, looking forward if she catches it. I actually hope that she gets a full team before she leaves. Druddigon / Dratini? Maybe Iris goes to train with Claire at the end of DA, and their D-nite(s) make babies (no sick thoughts guys) and she is shown to own a Dratini (eg. similar to Misty & Azurill) when she returns.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I really want to see the receipts for this statement. Not fansite links, just hard evidence. Please and thank you. :)

Yeah, I'm just so glad for this episode for the Iris development and I really want her to catch that Shiny Crimgan.

Given that it's shown behind Clair in that one image, I think it's safe to say that it'll be her Pokemon; whether she already owns it or she's trying to capture it is another story though.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I wonder why Clair is appearing. I'm guessing she'll have something to do with Iris' departure? Also I hope Iris battles her with her Dragonite or maybe Ash battles her again using Charizard if it stays :D

Graham Aker

I wonder why Clair is appearing. I'm guessing she'll have something to do with Iris' departure? Also I hope Iris battles her with her Dragonite or maybe Ash battles her again using Charizard if it stays :D

If anything, at least Clair will be more active, that Jasmine was in her appearance. Jasmine did nothing but get butchered by Flint, then played second fiddle to Kenny's sexual frustrations with Dawn. :p

Lucas MV

Tracey must be crying right now... :D

I hope that we have a tag battle in this episode. Ash and Iris vs Clair. Charizard and Dragonite vs shiny Druddigon and Dragonite.
That would be a memorable battle if done well.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Not in the anime. She mentions Lance trained under her in Blackthorn before becoming an Elite Four member.

:O wow.....

Talk about your role reversal.

Now I really think Iris will stay with her to train.

I think Dragonite might get destroyed by Clair's Dragonite first though.

Status
Not open for further replies.