• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bws2da!e3 - Cilan the Connoisseur Detective! A Locked Room Mystery on the Open Sea!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Could there possibly be a psuedo-Marine Tube? Or maybe submarine with a bunch of Pokemon blah blah bah?

I hope there are murders. Blehehehe wishful thinking.

Could there possibly be a psuedo-Marine Tube? Or maybe submarine with a bunch of Pokemon blah blah bah?

I hope there are murders. Blehehehe wishful thinking.

much more likely there on a boat.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
That's true. But how do you expect to get yourself locked from the outside in a room without window. And if it's Axew gets lost V.9000 that gets them locked, I will rage and scream.

Joking on the second part, but yeah, I won't be too happy.

Why not? =O Seems just fine to me. Marine tubes wouldn't have rooms. Nor does the sea.

So a boat going to the next destination seems more likely. Plus, Fujita is writing this, chances are we MAY get a bit of backstory because I think Ohashi was the one writing the previous detective epis.

I'm just hoping something with Purrloin. I like the idea that Purrloin was framed for stealing something and it turns out to be team rocket a different Pokemon that no one suspects munna.

That's true. But how do you expect to get yourself locked from the outside in a room without window. And if it's Axew gets lost V.9000 that gets them locked, I will rage and scream.

Joking on the second part, but yeah, I won't be too happy.

what makes you think there locked out. I'm thinking something gets stolen from a locked room on a boat. and Cilan steps in to investigate

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
But if you're on a boat, it technically won't be a locked room, since you can just jump off and swim. Besides, this IS Pokemon. Knowing how to swim for long distances isn't that huge of a feat.

A locked room mystery isn't about "how do we escape this room, the door is locked", it's about "how was this crime committed inside this room when it looks completely impossible for the perpetrator to have entered the room, committed the crime, and left the room again".

Read up on the subgenre here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locked_room_mystery

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
A locked room mystery isn't about "how do we escape this room, the door is locked", it's about "how was this crime committed inside this room when it looks completely impossible for the perpetrator to have entered the room, committed the crime, and left the room again".

So it's basically part of the Cubchoo and Larvitar episode?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It would be kind of funny and would make sense if at the end of the episode, Cilan says he is retiring as a detective...."My delicious days as a detective are officially over, there's too much sweet and sour in this work."

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Better than no cilan episodes :p

Really? his posts doesn't even make sense, Dent does that he has his Detective gig, he uses his sommelier skills for that apparently, I dunno why seeing an episode about him doing his detective thing surprises anyone or is bad, thats like reading something about an episode Satoshi is battling and say again? and we both know what he means with his again.

It would be kind of funny and would make sense if at the end of the episode, Cilan says he is retiring as a detective...."My delicious days as a detective are officially over, there's too much sweet and sour in this work."

Yep, that definitely sounds like Cilan to me. ;)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Sigh. I knew this day would come eventually. I had already prepared an emergency underground bunker and everything, but something tells me it won't be enough. Honestly, I think Clue-esque episodes are more suited for serious anime like Detective Conan; I just can't get into a mystery episode when the detective isn't a serious person. I hope Cilan changes his style and at least attempts to act like a real detective, but I'm not holding my breath. Anyway, I predict that the butler did the crime; it's always the butler.

dman_dustin

Internet Glitch ate my post involving Palpitoad helping Cilan.

So I'll just cut to my main point. Stunfisk or else.
================

Locked Room Mystery on the Open Sea?

I get that "locked room" is it's own detective thing, but you're acting as if it's impossible to get trapped/locked in this episode

Or is it that called "Locked/Trapped in a room while solving a locked room mystery, mystery?"

New Sequel Episode discovered: Detective Axew! Getting Lost, while being locked in a room while solving a locked room mystery on the open sea." I certainly can't wait for this episode.
--------------------

I bet this episode will be about Pokemon food disappearing or something, and there's no way anyone could've ate it.

Until we learn Oshawott learned instant transmission, and ate all the food. Oddly enough a telepathic Lucario will be in this episode as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.