• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bws2da!e3 - Cilan the Connoisseur Detective! A Locked Room Mystery on the Open Sea!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I actually liked the Scrafy and Roggenrola one, I remember people liking the Scrafty one, well he did his bit but the episode wasn't about him I guess and I didn't mind the Cubchoo/Larvitar one.

Scrafty one was alright because the episode didn't focus on Cilan's Detective Connoisseur skills but mostly Meowth and Scraggy.

When someone mentions the Detective Connoisseur episodes I mostly just think of Where Did You Go, Audino? and The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo! The two of which were boring epsiodes, in my opinion.

Cilan did his Detective Connoisseur thing in Axew Gets Lost! but Iris stopped him.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
^ Not quite, he kept up with his detective skills. He even helped her with his magnifying glass. He just dropped the playful-silliness. :p

I like these episodes for Dento. He's so kooky as a detective. X3

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
^ Not quite, he kept up with his detective skills. He even helped her with his magnifying glass. He just dropped the playful-silliness. :p

I like these episodes for Dento. He's so kooky as a detective. X3

The magnifying glass was the only thing he did, and he didn't do much else (hell it wasn't even needed, they were looking at a hat), so yeah she did stop him and I wouldn't count that as an example as a Detective episode for him.

Regardless, I can't say I'm a big fan of the detective episodes, they never really quite seem to click. It's either not that interesting or too ridiculous.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
^ I didn't consider it one, but what I meant was it didn't end when he sulked.

I like these episodes, because it gives him a playful- vibe. <3 Which is something you don't see much in the older characters. But I seem to be one of the few people who like these epis. Which is a shame because the dialogue and Dento's silliness is my favorite part. XD (Which is supposed to be part of his charm. If he actually sat through and thought everything out like he does when he's calm it wouldn't be as fun).

Though I do wish to see Fishing Sommelier and Science Sommelier again. D;

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
^ I didn't consider it one, but what I meant was it didn't end when he sulked.

I like these episodes, because it gives him a playful- vibe. <3 Which is something you don't see much in the older characters. But I seem to be one of the few people who like these epis. Which is a shame because the dialogue and Dento's silliness is my favorite part. XD

Though I do wish to see Fishing Sommelier and Science Sommelier again. D;

That's your opinion, but that was pretty much the end of the detective for the day.

I don't have anything against silliness, but like I said it never really seems to fully click.

Luthor

I think the thing about the detective episodes is that so far they've mostly been filler(scrafty one wasn't but it wasn't Cilans actions that led to progress for me that was more meowth). Now it being filler is fine but it means people will automatically assume any time there is a detective bit that it's a nothing episode for Cilan. What I think would be good would be for the detective episodes to at least once have a more lasting impact for Cilan. A capture for Cilan, a new move for any of Cilan's pokemon or introducing a new rival/recurring friend for cilan(bit late for this one in BW but if Cilan goes on to the next region.) Just so they don't seem so out of the main plot so often.

Dancing Togekiss

I hope we discover why he is afraid of purloin and pansage evolves. They are the only two things I want to happen with cilan before he leaves. (And if possible, see him get an s class rank but I doubt it will happen since this is pokemon.)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hope we discover why he is afraid of purloin

Wait a minute. We still don't know why he's afraid of Purrloin? Granted, I never thought the reason would be all-that interesting to begin with, but it seems like something we should have learned a long time ago. Anyway, I'm about ready to call this a filler because as others have pointed out, almost all detective Cilan episodes are fillers that only serve to entertain the audience instead of advancing the story. I really wanted Cilan to improve in the Connoisseur department instead of seeing him solve mysteries, but whatever. I guess I'll have to take what I can get. I'm pretty much ready for anything; I just hope we don't get too many "supākoru dansu" moments from Cilan; he should just focus on the mystery imo.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Wait a minute. We still don't know why he's afraid of Purrloin? Granted, I never thought the reason would be all-that interesting to begin with, but it seems like something we should have learned a long time ago. Anyway, I'm about ready to call this a filler because as others have pointed out, almost all detective Cilan episodes are fillers that only serve to entertain the audience instead of advancing the story. I really wanted Cilan to improve in the Connoisseur department instead of seeing him solve mysteries, but whatever. I guess I'll have to take what I can get. I'm pretty much ready for anything; I just hope we don't get too many "supākoru dansu" moments from Cilan; he should just focus on the mystery imo.

Cilan just showed off his fear twice in the serie (Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky? and Clash of the Connoisseurs!) and since, in the first one, Cilan didn't actually talk about this fear and the second showed a full episode that wasn't based on Cilan's fear, I think this one could be a great example of episode to conclude the subject.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Well it took us until Dawn's final ribbon on why they called her Dee Dee since Kenny appeared around Dawn's second ribbon. So that's an extremely long time.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Here's what I'd like to see for this episode (if it does include Purrloin and has some substance):

-There's a mystery on a boat for something stolen
-There's a Purrloin on the boat
-Dento goes all detective and blames the Purrloin
-The Purrloin hastily says it didn't do it
-Maybe it's revealed why??? But maybe not
-Something happens where Dento and the Purrloin join forces
-Gets over fear? Or at least better off then before? Capture?
-The end.

It sounds like that Iris episode lol. But it seems like something they'd do. Well if the Purrloin is involved and innocent.

I half expect Iris to solve the mystery and Dento winds up sulking with Purrloin.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Here's what I'd like to see for this episode (if it does include Purrloin and has some substance):

-There's a mystery on a boat for something stolen
-There's a Purrloin on the boat
-Dento goes all detective and blames the Purrloin
-The Purrloin hastily says it didn't do it
-Maybe it's revealed why??? But maybe not
-Something happens where Dento and the Purrloin join forces
-Gets over fear? Or at least better off then before? Capture?
-The end.

It sounds like that Iris episode lol. But it seems like something they'd do. Well if the Purrloin is involved and innocent.

I half expect Iris to solve the mystery and Dento winds up sulking with Purrloin.

I would like if they did revealed Cilan history with Purrloin and him over coming the trauma cause by it.

About the episode I hope Cilan's detective skills our a big help this time.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Here are the images.

[IMG139]http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/713/decoloraepisodesscan2.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/404/decoloraepisodesscan1.png[/IMG139]

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
My interest in this episode sparked more now. I wonder who that old lady is (victim?) and it looks like that man with the mustache is the suspect/criminal. I wonder what'll happen. I like this has to do with jewelry instead just because I feel it's something they'd have better control over.

It actually seems like an interesting mystery right now for once. X3 This epi could be really good! :D

plus the fact this epi has a lot of pictures devoted to it makes me happy!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.