• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bws2da!e3 - Cilan the Connoisseur Detective! A Locked Room Mystery on the Open Sea!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I still don't know why they'd make such a big deal about an Oshawott tournament though. I mean granted, Oshawott is the most popular Pokemon on the planet, but what's the point in hyping a one-episode tournament? We already know that Oshawott's not evolving or leaving anyway, so why even mention it in this episode's summary?

Well Oshawott hasn't had a pure episode just for him regarding any training lately, so small tournament would be good for it. And so what if it doesn't evolve? And I'm sure those other Oshawott aren't evolving either. Doesn't mean the tournament is a waist of time. I wish people wouldn't be so closed minded.

jh941

I think an Oshawatt tournament could be quite entertaining, be fun to see interactions with Ashs Oshawatt and wild ones.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well Oshawott hasn't had a pure episode just for him regarding any training lately, so small tournament would be good for it. And so what if it doesn't evolve? And I'm sure those other Oshawott aren't evolving either. Doesn't mean the tournament is a waist of time. I wish people wouldn't be so closed minded.

I don't have a problem with an Oshawott tournament. I'm more concerned that it's apparently being mentioned in this episode; it's probably going to be the only new bit of information that we get, which is kind of depressing given that this is supposed to be Cilan's episode. Then again, he's probably going to be too busy playing detective to develop his Connoisseur skills anyway.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
So, the Marine Cup is probably the Mijumaru tournament? I'd like it to be a separate tournament but still it's pretty cool it's called the Marine Cup and seems to be a tournament tailored to Mijumaru and Futachumaru. I could totally see Cabernet entering this thing. Rival wise she might not be much to write home about, but as a character she's pretty entertaining at times. The prize being a golden hotachi is just...I dunno. Still, it's pretty cool to see more Mijumaru in a sorta semi-cliffhanger foreshadowed tournament episode. He, hopefully, get a win and earns that golden hotachi to replace his broken one and learns a new move too. Still, I could see the beginnings of the Marine Cup being in this episode. I'd like for Cabernet to at least get a win before she got knocked out of this tournament. I hope the Marine Cup isn't solely made up of Mijumaru and Futachimaru, Shell Blade-using Pokemon being in this episode would be nice too.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I just speculated that the Marine Tournament Cup may be the Scalchop Island one but it's just speculation. Like Ciccone says, it could be something else. Who knows? Maybe it could be a Whirl Cup kind of thing near the end of the series?

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Ugh!

This isn't the Oshawott episode, I said the tournament is in this episode and it's on the ship presumably before the whole detective thing starts.

Someone translated it and after the mention of the Marine Cup Tournament, the next sentence is something along the lines of and then then after the tournament finishes.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Why the heck would they cram a tournament into such a small amount of time and have it not even be the point of the episode??

This whole episode just seems pointless to me :/...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oh so the tournament is happening in this episode and it's completely trivial? Never mind then. Looks like Cilan will still be able to do his thing without distractions, although truth be told, I wouldn't have minded seeing another tournament if it meant Ash's neglected Pokemon could get some attention. Oh well. This episode will serve its purpose.

so I'd guess the tournament is nearly over when the episode begins.

or its a minor background thing while cilan solves the mystery

It migth not even be a battling tournament at this point guys.

that's a jolly good point.

What if the locked room mystery is the tournament? first one to solve the puzzle and find the treasure wins

playerking

It migth not even be a battling tournament at this point guys.

that's a jolly good point.

What if the locked room mystery is the tournament? first one to solve the puzzle and find the treasure wins

That what I've been thinking ever since the "tournament" was said to be in this episode.

Ah.

Someone translated it and after the mention of the Marine Cup Tournament, the next sentence is something along the lines of and then then after the tournament finishes.

And after that, it appears as that the rest of the summary mentions the detetive stuff. So it having to do with plot completely? I doubt it. Maybe it could somehow be linked with the episode.

Last edited:
Ah.

And after that, it appears as that the rest of the summary mentions the detetive stuff. So it having to do with plot completely? I doubt it. Maybe it could somehow be linked with the episode.

Or, what if this small tournament, is at the start of the 1st Decolora episode and finishes here.

then maybe the episode starts with the tournament underway, the final battle or something. Then the winners prize is stolen and Cilan investigates.

I doubt its gonna be a multi episode tournament considering what the episode before this is

playerking

then maybe the episode starts with the tournament underway, the final battle or something. Then the winners prize is stolen and Cilan investigates.

I doubt its gonna be a multi episode tournament considering what the episode before this is

Yeah, forgot about that, so it can't carry over to the episode before, well, I don't think the Honey episode will end on that, it could but I doubt it will. I get the Honey episode and this one mixed up for some reason.

But what you said, that could happen, maybe once there's a translation of the full summary, we might be able to understand more of what the tournament has to do with the episode's main plot, or if it has nothing to do with it.

Here's the full translation from 捷克羅姆.

Ash and co. goes to the "Marine Cup Tournament", a battle tournament on board. After the tournaments concludes, Ripple's collection of jewels was to be displayed. However, the most important jewel "Liepard's Eye" has disappeared.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't have a problem with an Oshawott tournament. I'm more concerned that it's apparently being mentioned in this episode; it's probably going to be the only new bit of information that we get, which is kind of depressing given that this is supposed to be Cilan's episode. Then again, he's probably going to be too busy playing detective to develop his Connoisseur skills anyway.

Exactly. I could see if Cilan was using his pokemon here for a small tournament of their own but like I said before, he should just be a detective already since he's better at that than whatever else he's supposed to be.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Disappointing That they are just using a tease tournament as a plot setup for another recycled detective cilan plot that we've seen multiple times before.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Exactly. I could see if Cilan was using his pokemon here for a small tournament of their own but like I said before, he should just be a detective already since he's better at that than whatever else he's supposed to be.

Heaven help me if he's a better detective than a Sommelier.

He didn't solve anything but took all the credit because he's a ~Detective Sommelier~ xD

Why could I see Dento's basis saying a Purrloin stole the "Liepard's Eye" jewel because it reminded it of it's mother/evolutionary chain?

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Ash and co. goes to the "Marine Cup Tournament", a battle tournament on board. After the tournaments concludes, Ripple's collection of jewels was to be displayed. However, the most important jewel "Liepard's Eye" has disappeared
That's really unfortunate....so the Marine Cup is probably just a montage of battles that serves as a setup for this episode or an advancement of the plot. Sorta like Triple Battles in the Musical episode.

I still wonder if Maggyo or Cabernet will appear here.

Status
Not open for further replies.